1. Yes, after ~1 week(time to settle) prices will be pretty low for 2-3 weeks(less than half of "pre squish" and some 70-80% of "normal" prices), then it's back to "normal", since gold amount that dictates prices will be back on realm by then.

Losses depend on what his plans are(shorter term - not that big loss, long term - direct 50% loss of value) and how he got the gold(selling at inflated prices or quest grind).
    Yepp, I forgot to take into account the way he earned his gold. He says he did gathering proffs till he hit lvl80 so I assume he was selling at the pre-squish inflated value, which is of course a perfect time for newbies to get fast fly and vendor stuff. That 7k is still enough for 280% + Cold Weather tho. Hope he discovers that he didn't really lose much.

I always go with leaving 50k in gold untouched before the squish just in case I need to go liquid. Right after the squish one can still get lucky and sell some not so common things that usually have high demand but have very few amounts present in the AH, if any. These markets are always excellent sources of income, I'm not giving these away to the public, tho. I'm sure that you and some other fellas know what these are, so let's just keep it that way haha. Not as if it would require that much work to discover these but people usually don't go into investing in them because they require solid resources which often mean the all-time earned gold for most players, and no one would want to take the "risk" it means.

Fine with me, tho.

2. Consider squishing more than 50% on icecrown the next year, like 70%... Will be a suitable value, calculating the amount of players today and the accounts created playing on that realm, cutting only 50% will be a minimal impact on a server that has multiplied gold rate, after a few weeks-1month the inflation will be back as always, no matter what but on a realm with a easy source of farming gold should have a high rate squish, in the case of lordaeron they will take the impact as its intended because its x1 rate, all the prices on their items was corrected by the time back to its real value during the rest of 2020 year till november that becomes the inflation due to the despair of the people, a thing that nobody cannot heal, and here the cicle start again.
    Blame by all the ways, but the capitalism is like that for an healthy economy (?
    Talk anything you want, they decide, i just made an idea, you made an idea, they choose.

Cheers.

3. I was saving to start buying mounts for my character, my paladin is close to 70 and needed the rest of the grinded money was for the rest of characters and dualspec, now i am stock from ground up after knowing that.
    if that happend before i dont know how work itself wasnt devalued between ppl.

4. why was frostmourne trade gold halved?

5. why was frostmourne trade gold halved?
    I forwarded this.

6. Wow i was mining and selling gems for days to farm gold and buy gear for my rogue. And you took it 50%. NICE!!!!!

7. Whoops. I figured this was coming but I was only checking the homepage for the announcement. Lost about 50k gold across all my characters. Serves me right for not offloading into Portable Holes, Kirin Tor "hearthstone" rings, etc. sooner.

8. Where my gold? Where da gold Warmane? /s

9. And I was wondering what curse did fell upon me to lose 10k over night...

10. Thats such a scam it wasnt even ever announced or at the news page....

11. Are you serious about cutting the gold in half without putting it to the news page where it has been every year?

12. So my golds on Frostmourne server didnt halved. But some of my friends saying golds on website halved any reason why this happen?

13. What are people's thoughts on having a more frequent, lower impact currency decay as opposed to an annual gold squish?
    For example, if there's a monthly 5.5% squish (0.945^12=0.507) on gold or a daily 0.18% squish (0.9982^365=0.518) on gold, Staff would be able to reach its goal of removing ~50% of gold/year with potentially fewer disruption to the economy.

If each day, there was a 0.18% squish, I would be shocked if economy would get thrown into chaos. This is such a small amount that most players with very little capital wouldn't be meaningfully effected (A player with 1000 gold today probably won't complain if they ended up losing about 1.8 gold each day) and it won't be feasible for whales that own millions of gold to flood the economy due to the increased frequency of the squish.

14. Following up on this, this idea was driven by conclusions from my last post on the topic (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....13#post3098113) which concluded that based off of the data I had available, that prices were inflated for about 4 months due to gold-squish related fear mongering. In my opinion, 4 months of inflation is an undesirable side effect of a once-per-year gold squish model.

Again, I'd like to encourage the community and staff to share their opinions on this issue as I think changing from an annual squish to a monthly/weekly/daily gold decay would have an overall less disruptive impact on the players, and the economy.

15. What are people's thoughts on having a more frequent, lower impact currency decay as opposed to an annual gold squish?
    For example, if there's a monthly 5.5% squish (0.945^12=0.507) on gold or a daily 0.18% squish (0.9982^365=0.518) on gold, Staff would be able to reach its goal of removing ~50% of gold/year with potentially fewer disruption to the economy.

If each day, there was a 0.18% squish, I would be shocked if economy would get thrown into chaos. This is such a small amount that most players with very little capital wouldn't be meaningfully effected (A player with 1000 gold today probably won't complain if they ended up losing about 1.8 gold each day) and it won't be feasible for whales that own millions of gold to flood the economy due to the increased frequency of the squish.

Oh yeah because having server down for 4 hours each day to take away my 69 copper, makes sence

First ... 678910 ... Last