1. I understand the purpose and do feel its necessary. Prior to the molt-down the economy was bad. Things were way overpriced. Even with the prices all of your toons hit gold cap. I'm allot more of a liberal spender now. Only 4 months of play time on icecrown since last gold squish and I had to dump a little more than 50k. Only 3ish months of play time on frostmourne ending before uldar release starting from nothing have 7 not well geared 80's (frostmourne started level 1 this year if any didn't know) earned enough to buy a mammoth and a hole bag. All 7 have epic fly with cold weather. All of this was regular play not gaming AH. I'm not bragging just trying to demonstrate how overflowing the gold is. Why do you think blizzard added more expensive gold sink items every xpac. We literally pick gold up off the ground here. I hate losing the gold so I spend it.

2. Hello i have some low level char. and i use them for bank storage. i do login with them sometimes and do stuff but i dont level them up will they be deleted? thank you

3. Hello i have some low level char. and i use them for bank storage. i do login with them sometimes and do stuff but i dont level them up will they be deleted? thank you
    If you have logged it after set date (July somethng something, read first post) then you are all good.

4. Premium accounts are exempt from removals.

5. Casual player's opinion

Just an opinion of a casual player:

I understand the idea behind this "gold squish" thing, I just wish it was better announced. (or did I miss something ?)

Couldn't you spam a message when people login to the game ?
    I only visit the website/forum when the server is down, which is why I just found out about this.
    You guys also have our email, couldn't you just email everyone about it ?

(Thinking back, I remember during the holidays a crazy guy yelling "THE GREAT RESET IS COMING", but thought it was just another crazy guy.)

6. I started yesterday and wanted to play on 1X realm and someone lv 32 had a username i like in use. today i see this cleanup and got happy because last achiev of that person was from 2019 but seems the person logged in in 2020...sad T-T

7. I only visit the website/forum when the server is down, which is why I just found out about this.
    You guys also have our email, couldn't you just email everyone about it ?
    The website and the Forums are our main means of communication, always have been and I don't see that changing. It's a pretty common practice in online games too.

8. since i started playing on this server i've been farming gold till i hit Level 80. i was farming herb and leathers and worked really hard and i reached 14k gold. this morning when server restarted and logged in, i discovered that i had 7K in my inventory. so GM if your reading this please return my half Gold 7k.

9. My golds on Warmane trade got halved but it was on Frostmourne, wtf is this?

10. I don't get it how the announcement was made DEC and people did not managed to get informed.

11. Also to everyone asking like his gold anywhere was halved:

[quote}The gold squish means that every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.[/quote].

Not reading is no excuse and no one should feel obligated, because he wasn't informed personally.

12. I hate thİs system. Im playing 3 monts... Have totaly maybe 7k gold but you clear half... **** thİs system........

13. since i started playing on this server i've been farming gold till i hit Level 80. i was farming herb and leathers and worked really hard and i reached 14k gold. this morning when server restarted and logged in, i discovered that i had 7K in my inventory. so GM if your reading this please return my half Gold 7k.
    I understand your struggle and that your earned gold meant much to you. Let's be honest here, Warmane pretty much does us a solid by announcing it 1-2 months before it happens. It is not announced in-game, yes, but you gotta be living under a rock cuz there were even some self-made prophets who spammed global and trade chat about the squish, not to mentoin that in these 2 months it's basically impossible not to catch some in-game convo in guild chat or something like that about the squish. Even if you're not in a guild just go to any major city and listen to the convos. People like talking about stuff like this.

Did you plan to spend your 14k on vendor stuff and training skills / flying? If yes, you indeed lost your invested time and effort. If you wanted to buy gems, gear etc... however, then worry not. Your gold kept its value more or less and in a few days / weeks the market will adjust, so from your current 7k gold you'll be able to buy everything that was valued at 14k before the squish.

Cheers

14. Your gold kept its value more or less and in a few days / weeks the market will adjust, so from your current 7k gold you'll be able to buy everything that was valued at 14k before the squish.
    Yes, after ~1 week(time to settle) prices will be pretty low for 2-3 weeks(less than half of "pre squish" and some 70-80% of "normal" prices), then it's back to "normal", since gold amount that dictates prices will be back on realm by then.

Losses depend on what his plans are(shorter term - not that big loss, long term - direct 50% loss of value) and how he got the gold(selling at inflated prices or quest grind).

15. The website and the Forums are our main means of communication, always have been and I don't see that changing. It's a pretty common practice in online games too.
    I'm kind of new around here, so I do appreciate the response !

I'll keep an eye on those two platforms.
    Thanks !

First ... 56789 ... Last