1. Guys whenever gold squish is about to happen --> buy primordial saronites and just keep them in your bank until gold squish happens. After that, sell it for usual prices or wait a bit and there ya go. That's how people profit and waste their gold instead. Always near this thing, prices for primos get up to 2k gold easily.

2. The halving of gold on Frostmourne trade was a mistake and the missing gold has been sent to the characters via in-game mail. But your character's gold will be squished when they're transferred to Icecrown.

Spoiler: Show
    Edited: February 18, 2021 Reason: Clarify what gold will be squished

3. What kind of excuse is that?

I understand your struggle and that your earned gold meant much to you. Let's be honest here, Warmane pretty much does us a solid by announcing it 1-2 months before it happens. It is not announced in-game, yes, but you gotta be living under a rock cuz there were even some self-made prophets who spammed global and trade chat about the squish, not to mentoin that in these 2 months it's basically impossible not to catch some in-game convo in guild chat or something like that about the squish. Even if you're not in a guild just go to any major city and listen to the convos. People like talking about stuff like this.

Did you plan to spend your 14k on vendor stuff and training skills / flying? If yes, you indeed lost your invested time and effort. If you wanted to buy gems, gear etc... however, then worry not. Your gold kept its value more or less and in a few days / weeks the market will adjust, so from your current 7k gold you'll be able to buy everything that was valued at 14k before the squish.

Cheers

No, literally NO ONE talked about that in all the time I've been playing that's been since early January. Literally no one mentioned that and no one, not even my three friends who were playing since before I joined knew or talked about such a thing. I've been trying to make gold for the double spec and improving my character and just yesterday I had it 2k for the first time and today I lost half of it after a good goddamn time grinding, mining and selling. I'm really pissed off right now. The forum being "the way we always have communicated and that won't change" is just an excuse for mediocrity and not putting a simple announcement saying "hey, sucker, we're taking half your gold. Better use it quickly and don't sell while the market adjusts" but no, only an old announcement and that's it. I even lost half of what I sold after a good time I won't recover and I can't sell minerals for even half of what they cost before. Moreover, what's the point in this if according to you " Your gold kept its value more or less and in a few days / weeks the market will adjust"? Yeah, maybe this kind of thing is necessary, but the ones who get screwed over are players with single digit thousands in gold more than the fat cows with hundreds of thousands

4. No, literally NO ONE talked about that in all the time I've been playing that's been since early January. Literally no one mentioned that and no one, not even my three friends who were playing since before I joined knew or talked about such a thing. I've been trying to make gold for the double spec and improving my character and just yesterday I had it 2k for the first time and today I lost half of it after a good goddamn time grinding, mining and selling. I'm really pissed off right now. The forum being "the way we always have communicated and that won't change" is just an excuse for mediocrity and not putting a simple announcement saying "hey, sucker, we're taking half your gold. Better use it quickly and don't sell while the market adjusts" but no, only an old announcement and that's it. I even lost half of what I sold after a good time I won't recover and I can't sell minerals for even half of what they cost before. Moreover, what's the point in this if according to you " Your gold kept its value more or less and in a few days / weeks the market will adjust"? Yeah, maybe this kind of thing is necessary, but the ones who get screwed over are players with single digit thousands in gold more than the fat cows with hundreds of thousands
    I'm 100% sure that for the past month every single day when I looked at the global or trade window for more than some minutes there was some dude asking when the squish will happen, then the chain reaction begins, people /w-ing this dude asking what the squish is and they get redirected to the forum. Also, on both sides, in Ironforge and Thunder Bluff I caught convos about the squish. You just need to play with open eyes. Even if this wasn't the case, I'd expect players to at least look at the news every 1-2 weeks. Lots of people log-in every day here to collect their daily points etc so it's pretty easy to come across the squish announcement. This year it was not on the main page of the website as it used to be, true. I'm sure they did it with good reason, tho.

The funniest thing is that people who don't know about it and rage out each year only quit for some days / weeks, if they quit at all, then they return back eventually lmfao.

I don't know if you read the whole thread but there is a comment about how freakin' easy it is to grind money before the squish if your goal is to get dual spec, fast fly etc..., since prices those times are elevated. It does not matter if a "fat cow" does 1 hour of old-school grinding or a newbie. Oh yeah, huntig for titanium ores and lichblooms at peak hours might not give you the results you wanted, in this case just check out the endless guides about other alternatives. Like for real lmao you don't even need to be 80, on my first char ever when I was 50 I killed bears in Felwood for Bear Flanks + skinned them, easily 3-4k / hour for a LEVEL 50!! And this is just one example, you go farm old dungs for boes, cloth. You can mine low level ores and gather low level herbs which often sell for MORE than end-game ones. You can get cooking and make buff food where you usually double your money AT LEAST.

And these are not some long-term time demanding activities, you only need to invest some hours. What you asked about my point when it comes to things keeping their value, go and try it. You can literally buy MORE items on the AH with your halved gold now than you could back before the squish with your full gold.

It's not the game's fault if people are lazy to even gather information about the game they're playing. It's not hidden by any means, not some private VIP forums where it's impossible to find it. Literally typing in "Warmane" leads you to this website, also there is a reddit worth checking out.
    This thing applies to real life as well lmao, people being mad at everything while most things could be avoided by picking up a damn book and learning, gathering as much knowledge as one can.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Do not execute clean-up and squish stuff without announcing on news section like before.
    I am not a forum guy. How should i know this !?
    My items on bank char. Has gone. Really, really thanks...

6. What did not come was, whether froustmorne should be affected, will be announced again separately in the sub-forum

7. I really don't understand, why clean-up and squish schedule wasn't announced on news ????

8. I really don't understand, why clean-up and squish schedule wasn't announced on news ????
    its was 2-3 months ago. Just see the date of the first post in this topic.

9. its was 2-3 months ago. Just see the date of the first post in this topic.
    It was 22 December and wasn't announced on new section.
    A simple news about clean-up and squish schedule is not too hard to add to news section capiche ?

10. what i meant to say is, get over it its a done deal, time can't go back and probably your lost gold too :D

11. You can't understand the point because simply you can't understand.

12. I just don't even know what to say. I guess I haven't played on a private server faithfully or for a long enough time to have any inkling that this was even a possibility. cold weather is 5k, is that per character? Guild slot is 10k for the last one. My wife and my tiny little guild were saving for that and were almost there and now for some reason I'm missing all but 25 gold on main. I went from like 6000 gold to 980 gold. I thought I was hacked. What super crappy rollout. sorry, man, this was botched.

13. I went from like 6000 gold to 980 gold. I thought I was hacked. What super crappy rollout. sorry, man, this was botched.
    The gold cut is 50%. It wouldn't turn ~6000 into less than one thousand.

14. I don't know what happened. On all my other toons it looks like I was chunked in half, but on my main I was wiped. All but 12 gold, or may have been 25. I didn't really realize what had happened until I was at the ah and a vendor. Stuff happens, I'm not freaking out about it, I just really don't understand what happened and why this was a thing. Just rhetorical. Don't bother replying, I'm just frustrated.

First ... 7891011 Last