1. Inactivity Cleanup and Gold Squish for a healthier economy

Greetings Warmane community,

With a new year now upon us, we're taking the opportunity to do an inactivity cleanup that will refresh our realms and free up forgotten names, the cleanup will target a wider range of character levels this year, we will also conclude a 50% gold squish at the same time to promote a healthier economy.

The inactivity cleanup and gold squish will be conducted and completed on February 17, 2021. Downtime is expected to be multiple hours.

• Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2020 will have their names removed.
      • Characters will have the opportunity to choose a new name upon the next login.

• Level 1 - 30 characters that have not been played since July 2020 will be removed.
      • Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
      • Characters that are guild masters will result in the guild being removed.

• Blackrock characters that have been deleted pending restore for over 3 months will be removed.

Characters that have their name removed will have the opportunity to select a new name upon the next login.

The gold squish means that every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

Whether Frostmourne will be included in the squish will depend on reviewing the realms' economy. If it is needed, a separate announcement will be posted in the Frostmourne community sub-forum.

Kind regards
    Warmane

2. Hello, the deletion of inactive or level 1 characters does not apply if the account is premium, right? I have a level 1 bank character with gold but my account is premium. Google Translator :D

3. Would be better to squish Frostmourne right before the merge imo.

4. Would be better to squish Frostmourne right before the merge imo.
    Has there been a confirmed merge? Speculation is April, but to my knowledge that's all it is right now.

5. Has there been a confirmed merge? Speculation is April, but to my knowledge that's all it is right now.
    "Characters will be moved to Icecrown, once the season ends, assuring a fresh competitive realm each time a new season starts.
    The season is set to last 12 months."

Do we need more confirmation than that? April is a good guess, and is only two months away from the squish. Waiting until then would have an added benefit of introducing even less gold into Icecrown upon merging. What's more, frostmourne hasnt even seen a full year of gameplay, unlike ICC, to introduce a squish. April would be the one-year mark. It may cause additional work for the team to do two separate squishes, however.

6. I hardly play in my free time and slowly get gold. Now i'm at 2.8k. Seems like that just by the time i'll manage to get the gold to buy Coldweather flying on Lordaeron you'll delete half of the gold.
    Sorry, but in my honest opinion this is absolute nonsense to bring the axe to all heads equally.
    "... to promote a healthier economy" - i firmly believe that 2k or 5k, even maybe 10k, is hardly hurting the economy and some cap must be considered that under X amount of gold /per acc maybe?/ to not be touched.

7. Woah I can't believe it, the new thread is here. I was expecting waaaay bigger outrage from salty players like last year. Guess they read that already.

I hardly play in my free time and slowly get gold. Now i'm at 2.8k. Seems like that just by the time i'll manage to get the gold to buy Coldweather flying on Lordaeron you'll delete half of the gold.
    Sorry, but in my honest opinion this is absolute nonsense to bring the axe to all heads equally.
    "... to promote a healthier economy" - i firmly believe that 2k or 5k, even maybe 10k, is hardly hurting the economy and some cap must be considered that under X amount of gold /per acc maybe?/ to not be touched.
    Sup my man.

May I advise you that you read the thread about the squish from 1 year ago. You'll find all the information you need. Btw if we had a "cap" as you said it, people would just start new accounts and lay all their gold on multiple characters, carefully staying under the cap. And please don't tell me that even on Lordaeron with little to no free time 1,5 month is not enough to grind that skill out.

Best wishes!

8. Sounds like a bad news to a returning player (after the Moltdown) like me who has just recently returned in game and started the grind. Man I've been working so hard on gold farming so that I could level up my professions and catch up with the community... and then this happened, oh well.

9. Woah I can't believe it, the new thread is here. I was expecting waaaay bigger outrage from salty players like last year. Guess they read that already.

Sup my man.

May I advise you that you read the thread about the squish from 1 year ago. You'll find all the information you need. Btw if we had a "cap" as you said it, people would just start new accounts and lay all their gold on multiple characters, carefully staying under the cap. And please don't tell me that even on Lordaeron with little to no free time 1,5 month is not enough to grind that skill out.

Best wishes!
    That's because they haven't been paying attention to, or just don't care, but i stick to 1st

:D there will be outrage on the day the squish happens xD

10. Why do some people believe that FM will be reset in April? According to Proterean's post:

Frostmourne is set to progress into the fourth stage of content on January 2, 2021 at 13:00 server time.

[...]The period of the next content tier will last 4 months [...]
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=429642

If you do the math, the next cycle should begin in May.

11. Why do some people believe that FM will be reset in April? According to Proterean's post:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=429642

If you do the math, the next cycle should begin in May.
    Fair. But it's only a 15 day difference

12. The gold squish will cost most active players (tensthousands of gold.
    IT is a big deal.
    It should be announced on the main site.
    And it is not....

If it's not a public announcement in-game and on the main site -- many people will outrage like they did last year, and rightly so!

13. Hello there, I have a question. If I buy gold now on my char, from website (Warmane) and not taking it from MailBox, the squish wave will squish the gold from Mails as well? please let me know.

Thank you!

14. Hello there, I have a question. If I buy gold now on my char, from website (Warmane) and not taking it from MailBox, the squish wave will squish the gold from Mails as well? please let me know.

Thank you!
    Yes.

All the gold that is in circulation is getting halved. No matter what tricks people come up with, it won't save them. Your bids on the AH, your bank, your mailbox, your not-yet arrived gold from the market etc...

This is one of the reasons why the squish takes multiple hours to complete along with the character cleanup. The staff will have to think of everything and make sure they don't leave any loopholes in the system.

15. Can you guys share any insights about the overall health of Icecrown's gold economy now compared to right before last year's gold squish? Was gold inflation this year overall higher compared to last year? What's approximately the total amount of gold circulated? How much gold got halved last year?

123 ... Last