1. Introduction to 79 Twinking

Hey y'all,

I'm hoping to re-create my experience from retail Wrath. In Wrath I played a level 79 DK and loved it - Absolute highlight of my WoW experience. I hate geargrinds so simply buying some Savage Saronite gear and BGing all day is right up my alley.

So I had a few questions:

What realm do I pick?

How fast are the queues?

Are there established 79 guilds/communities? (Preferred Horde.)

Thanks for any advice or information!

2. Hey y'all,

I'm hoping to re-create my experience from retail Wrath. In Wrath I played a level 79 DK and loved it - Absolute highlight of my WoW experience. I hate geargrinds so simply buying some Savage Saronite gear and BGing all day is right up my alley.

So I had a few questions:

What realm do I pick?

How fast are the queues?

Are there established 79 guilds/communities? (Preferred Horde.)

Thanks for any advice or information!
    sup, queues are super fast almost all day bgs between 70-79 they say.

Icecrown has the most and best twinks on 79s

if you are horde, join Frontline guild the GM is orbitar check it on warmane armory.

i dont know any other horde's guild. Because i am not active on 79 anymore :C

3. sup, queues are super fast almost all day bgs between 70-79 they say.

Icecrown has the most and best twinks on 79s

if you are horde, join Frontline guild the GM is orbitar check it on warmane armory.

i dont know any other horde's guild. Because i am not active on 79 anymore :C
    Horde queue usually 10-15 minutes when aly queue is instant or few minutes.

4. The best community for Horde twinks is on Lordaeron, imo. x1 leveling can be daunting but worth it :)

5. Horde queue usually 10-15 minutes when aly queue is instant or few minutes.
    That's not true and hasn't been for a long time (horde queue times) Most pops are instant these days.

How would you know about horde queue times anyway?? (scratches head)

(btw maybe queue times are longer for you cos you only log horde when they're winning? just a theory)
    Edited: December 24, 2020

6. Since u want to main horde..the core is better from lord than on icecrown...since u hate geargrinds lvling on lord may take u a month...icecrown can be ur choice too but horde's state ain't that stable there... in future u might switch to alliance(ally has almost 90% twinks from icecrown)...so its upto ur choice to decide...as far queues are concerned pops are good...enough bgs for everyday....icecrown have store and character buy/sell option too..

U can get in community discord : https://discord.gg/PWRaddZ

7. Hey y'all,

1. What realm do I pick?

2. How fast are the queues?

3. Are there established 79 guilds/communities? (Preferred Horde.)
    1. If you want your leveling journey to begin an end in a maximum of 2 days, Icecrown with its 7x rate should be your choice. Otherwise - if you don't mind leveling & are fine with going through the 1x rate again should you get an urge to play another class after the dk - you can try out Lordaeron.

2. Varies depending on which faction has bigger online at a given time. But it's either instant or a 10-15 minutes wait max (peak hours 2 or more bgs run simultaneously).

3. At the moment the most active twink guilds exist on Icecrown:
    Horde - fresh made Frontline
    Alliance - Carried & Rest in Drama (guilds with long twinking history)
    There are also Lordaeron horde guilds, but they are rather small in numbers (although things like this change every now and then in this bracket).

Overall, imho there isn't really a reason to level on Lord unless you actually like the blizzlike leveling experience or rely on free action potions to be competetive (they are cheaper on Lord).

8. Well, first of all, you can't be a good twink without a bit of grind - you'll have to do a couple of dungeons to get gear for caps (2H sword from culling of stratholme, shoulders from halls of lightning, etc).

Secondly, this is easier on the Icecrown - there are freshmeat-friendly guilds here.

And yea, i see no reason to choose a horde side unless you are a jabroni.

9. TBH this bracket is very toxic, don't know how it is on other Servers. Icecrown is somewhat of a fence sitting realm, people faction swap depending on which side is dominating. Carried and Rest in Drama only play as premade, you dont see any of their members solo queuing as they cant play without healers, so of course the hordes on IC will switch to ally soon. They say they want good games but all they can do is premade and atm its just to unbalanced as they have more members. There is no daily CTA so you are stuck playing wsg all week long and every night these ******s will premade.

10. TBH this bracket is very toxic, don't know how it is on other Servers. Icecrown is somewhat of a fence sitting realm, people faction swap depending on which side is dominating. Carried and Rest in Drama only play as premade, you dont see any of their members solo queuing as they cant play without healers, so of course the hordes on IC will switch to ally soon. They say they want good games but all they can do is premade and atm its just to unbalanced as they have more members. There is no daily CTA so you are stuck playing wsg all week long and every night these ******s will premade.
    But to quote Toccata: "sOlo QuEuE iS iMpOsSiBle"

(Expert authorities have informed me that this is how you should write when you quote someone else).

11. But to quote Toccata: "sOlo QuEuE iS iMpOsSiBle"

(Expert authorities have informed me that this is how you should write when you quote someone else).
    It is impossible, I play on Lord and we loose 90% bgs solo queing. Horde outnubmer ally 10-1 easy. Close to 100k kills but i need days to get it done becouse most bgs are farmfest from horde side. Joke as u will but it is a sad situation for lord twinks. Ppl faction swap to horde regulary for that reason alone. I cant remember last time we had a full twink team in ally, just as I cant remember when horde didnt have 1. maybe u dont have that preception becouse you play horde. Im not trying to start a week long arguement, but Rest in Drama and Carried should continue to premade, at least when I end up with them those 10% bgs we win. and lets not start talking how ally cant play without heals, u guys can have 4 in 1bg, and every other tiwnk is either explosive hunter, prot warr or dk. ppl can play what they want ofc, bu not easy to face that team with 2 twinks and 8 lvlers. We should try to petition for mercenary mode on 70-79 bracket. On these realms it is very active and it would solve any problem here. Ppl from ally nad horde will be much nicer to each other when they play with each other. Then we can all solo que and what u get is what u get. Win some and loose some. I think that would be most fair

12. I have been joining the lvl 70+ bracket since a couple of days with my lvl 78 horde paladin on Lordaeron, who has pretty much twink-like gear with some heirlooms, some crafted gear, enchants and gems and the amount of won and lost battlegrounds are kind of even for me.
    Going to stay on lvl 78/79 for a couple of weeks until I have farmed full PvP gear for lvl 80 and then level up. So far I have alot of fun solo-queuing (sometimes I que with a friend who is also leveling) and as I mentioned before I don't feel like one faction is dominating in particular. It depends on the day and the time which side has the upper hand.

13. It is impossible, I play on Lord and we loose 90% bgs solo queing. Horde outnubmer ally 10-1 easy. Close to 100k kills but i need days to get it done becouse most bgs are farmfest from horde side. Joke as u will but it is a sad situation for lord twinks. Ppl faction swap to horde regulary for that reason alone. I cant remember last time we had a full twink team in ally, just as I cant remember when horde didnt have 1. maybe u dont have that preception becouse you play horde. Im not trying to start a week long arguement, but Rest in Drama and Carried should continue to premade, at least when I end up with them those 10% bgs we win. and lets not start talking how ally cant play without heals, u guys can have 4 in 1bg, and every other tiwnk is either explosive hunter, prot warr or dk. ppl can play what they want ofc, bu not easy to face that team with 2 twinks and 8 lvlers. We should try to petition for mercenary mode on 70-79 bracket. On these realms it is very active and it would solve any problem here. Ppl from ally nad horde will be much nicer to each other when they play with each other. Then we can all solo que and what u get is what u get. Win some and loose some. I think that would be most fair
    I don't want a week long argument either, but I don't think literally anyone would take your "90%" and "10-1" stats seriously. This really is a grass is always greener mentality that you have. You talk about people jumping horde for more wins, I know of people who have done the exact opposite (e.g. gladiatorq), so what does that prove? All it proves is that for some people their perception is that they're always losing.

Funny thing when I look up your character stats on armory I'm not seeing anything close to 90% losses (granted you leave some bgs, but anyhow). So why is this?

Let me take some Lord people who only solo queue on Horde and are guildless or in 1 man guilds (so their stats aren't buffed by playing with friends) and look at their stats to gauge the truth of your claim.

Melori: Wsg battles 127 wins 60
    Mehob: Wsg battles 235 wins 107
    Topor: Wsg battles 225 wins 118
    Horrible: Wsg battles 234 wins 134

Where is this 90% win rate you claim that we have? They are all around 50% some slightly more or slightly less. One of these is your friend and guildy so he should have cleared up your misconception.

Clearly it's not all farmfests on horde side. This is just your skewed perception. If you played horde you'd be whining about ally twinks outnumbering horde 10-1 and horde always losing. This is a you problem, not a bracket problem.

And as for these RID/Carried premades, ever thought that the fact that ally twinks spend hours in a day sitting around in Stormwind waiting for their raid leaders to come online before they queue might just be making your life a little harder? Just a thought.

14. well, i have been twink on main for over 4 years so ofc, there was a period that ally did win bgs. but last night out of 15 bgs i didnt win any on dk( wich I rarely play, becouse it is boring, but ally need a frontline badly) . What I wanted to say is maybe mercenary mode would help the bracket as a whole. If nothing you can at least agree on that. I know how many bgs I win and how many I loose mate, dont need any statistc to tell me that

15. well, i have been twink on main for over 4 years so ofc, there was a period that ally did win bgs. but last night out of 15 bgs i didnt win any on dk( wich I rarely play, becouse it is boring, but ally need a frontline badly) . What I wanted to say is maybe mercenary mode would help the bracket as a whole. If nothing you can at least agree on that. I know how many bgs I win and how many I loose mate, dont need any statistc to tell me that
    I just don't want neutrals/casuals to get an extremely false impression of the state of the bracket. Talking about 90% twinks on one side or 10-1 ratios, just because you had a bad run of games, is giving a false impression to people dropping in to the forum. The reality is nothing like that. It's true that there are periods where one side wins a bunch of games and it can *feel* like the ratio is 10-1 but then if you play the next day it appears to be the exact opposite. You've been playing for 4 years so I would've thought that you'd know this and not draw extreme conclusions based on a few hours of play.

Like I said, if you played horde, you'd be whining about how imbalanced it is from our point of view (plenty of people our side do). I prefer to try to look at matters objectively, and we don't have objective stats to see on win/loss ratios and we no longer have the website that tracked the number of twinks, but I can count the numbers of twinks in the known guilds, and I can examine the win/loss rates of every twink, and the situation is nothing like what you describe and I want people passing by on the forum to understand that.

I personally do not want mercenary mode because there are people on alliance who I do not wish to play with. The bracket is also not broken or massively imbalanced. What imbalance that does appear is largely the result of one side premading (which makes the other bgs imbalanced too because it syphons the ally twinks into one bg, so horde usually win the other bgs when that's happening) and mercenary mode would have no effect on that.

I honestly don't know why you don't just move to Icecrown. I know you would never want to play on horde side because your hate levels are so high, so my suggestion is just move to Icecrown. I'm sure the alliance there would be happy to boost you, you could premade to your heart's content and farm easy wins, and it would spare the rest of us your complaints.
    Edited: January 28, 2021

12 Last