1. Why should i farm gold??

Hello everybody. I'm newbie to wow, who played just 3-4 month in 2010. I have a 2.3k gs retri paladin and dont know what to do from now on.

I looked guides about how can i gear up easily ( at least 4k gs etc.. ) for raids. Lots of them says go 5 man random dungeon ( lots of times it took 50 min for searchin players) or daily quest on icecrown.

But there is also profession farmers for gold and there are lots of guides here. When i look auctioner house there are no end game items for selling or any useful gear items... If i will farm lots of gold with daily quests or gathering professions or whatever, what can i do with souch gold in the game... I'm lost now and dont know what to do anymore

Sorry for my bad english hope someone will understand my question :D

2. You can sell gold for coins, then buy bis items from warmane store.
    Around 55-70k gold and You got single piece of 284/277 bis item.

3. From AH for gold you can buy:

chest (Titanium Razorplate)
    bracers (Titanium Spikeguards)
    head (Iron Riveted War Helm)
    shoulders (Raging Behemoth's Shoulderplates)
    neck(Wodin's Lucky Necklace)
    cloak (the one from leatherworking)
    weapon (Battered Hilt questline, or the ones from blacksmithing)
    belt (Belt of the Titans)
    legs (Legplates of Painful Death)
    boots(Hellfrozen Bonegrinders)
    ring (Ring of Rotting Sinew)
    trinket (Darkmoon Card: Greatness (strength one)

All ilvl 200+ and decent on retri paladin, together they should give you about 5k gs, if not more than that.
    Of course all of that costs ****load of money so that's why farming ICC dungeons is prefered.

4. So I guess your objective now is to get ready to que Heroic Random Dungeons, that is something around 189 average item level(supposed to be 180).

Doing dungeons with finder is allright, as DPS long ques though. Also click on Specific dungeons, select ones with highest level required 77lvl, those drop gear that will help you to reach that average item level to que Heroic.

You can do quests with Northrend reputations to buy things from their quartermasters. Pretty nice for start and you get nice chunk of gold from those quests too - for lying skill/dual talents/etc.

You can skill up Blacksmithing, for example, and buy/gather ore, make some gear witch will help you, example "Savage Saronite" set/parts of it.

Check out AH, there are some high item level pieces for really cheap price, like 40g or something. You can also check Leather gear, it's pretty good for paladin and will aid to reach higher average item level.

After that just spam RDF HC, like spam all day, buy yourself T9 set, other things. Do FOS/POS/HOR normal and heroic, great gear and emblems there.

5. @fiutolog

Thank you for info. But i couldnt understand why someone need my gold for his coin?? What will he do with gold...

@thorbjorn

Thank your reply. I will follow your guide and i will buy those items from ah. Then maybe someone will accept me in their hc dungeons parties... Im playing with my friens, he played this game in 2009-2013 in official servers. He said to me after we reach 3k gs points we woll join 2v2, 3v3 or battlegrounds for honor point. Then with those points we will gets endgame items, but i couldnt find any guide about this.. Maybe it was viable on offical servers before but is it still a thing on this server? What do u prefer about that? İs it value in warmane??

6. You won't get any endgame items for honor points. PvP activity allows you to get PvP gear only.
    You need to decide, what you want to do: PvE or PvP. They need different gear, talent builds and so on.

7. Persivaln : ty for reply. I will keep in my mind those valueble infos.. thank you all

8. 55-70k for a bis item? More like 90-100k. You can't even sell 14 coins for 55k

9. 55-70k for a bis item? More like 90-100k. You can't even sell 14 coins for 55k
    Maybe not now. The gold/coin ratio will drop to 2-2.5K/coin during summer months, if not earlier.

55-70K/2.5K = 22-28 coins. Minus the fees.

10. @fiutolog

Thank you for info. But i couldnt understand why someone need my gold for his coin?? What will he do with gold...

@thorbjorn

Thank your reply. I will follow your guide and i will buy those items from ah. Then maybe someone will accept me in their hc dungeons parties... Im playing with my friens, he played this game in 2009-2013 in official servers. He said to me after we reach 3k gs points we woll join 2v2, 3v3 or battlegrounds for honor point. Then with those points we will gets endgame items, but i couldnt find any guide about this.. Maybe it was viable on offical servers before but is it still a thing on this server? What do u prefer about that? İs it value in warmane??
    I know this is 3 weeks old, but no one actually answered the poor guy's original question. What do people do with the gold. Simple, they buy gems and enchants for their gear, they buy flasks and potions for raids, and buy boes and glyphs for their alts. They level professions and buy mats for them, they purchase mounts, etc. There is a ton of uses for gold outside just buying some pieces of gear.

11. I know this is 3 weeks old, but no one actually answered the poor guy's original question. What do people do with the gold. Simple, they buy gems and enchants for their gear, they buy flasks and potions for raids, and buy boes and glyphs for their alts. They level professions and buy mats for them, they purchase mounts, etc. There is a ton of uses for gold outside just buying some pieces of gear.
    True that!

Also for orginal poster (OP):

Mate is important to figure out for you if you better at farming gold or cash in real life :D

Since you can actually buy gear (on Icecrown) or Gold (on Lordareon) if earning money IRL is easy for you and you want to donate to server and support it

Because what is the point of spending 8h farming gold only to get few and be tired from it vs working IRL and getting so much $$$ that you can get multiple items from it + gold :D

But if you don't have a way to get $$$ in real life then maybe farming gold might be the way ...

IDK

Also on Lordareon it can be fun to farm gold - I actually used to do it when waiting in BG queus before the BG merge because they were pretty long also was farming mats during my RDF queues ...

On Icecrown I would really recomend you donating for some BiS gear just to boost your gear level - or get 30-40k gold and buy some BoEs to boost your GS to about 4k+ so you can start spaming RDFs :)

GL :D

12. Maybe not now. The gold/coin ratio will drop to 2-2.5K/coin during summer months, if not earlier.

55-70K/2.5K = 22-28 coins. Minus the fees.
    gold is so cheap now.. people selling 200k for under 40 coins lol or even 35, gl beating that

13. How to get higher GS after you hit level 80
    In order:

1. ICC rep farm for the ring.
    2. Buy whatever ICC/craft epic boe item you can from AH
    3. Spam RDF HC for your daily frost emblems
    4. Continue to spam RDF HC for Triumph Emblem farm and getting exalted with factions for their epic exalted rewards (also complete the quest chains of Argent crusade and Ebon Blade around Icecrown and Zul'Drak zones)
    5. Spam Toc 5 nm
    6. Spam Toc 5 hc
    7. Spam Pits of Saron nm about 50000 times until you got 5000000 triumph emblems to every single gear and item available.
    8. Spam PoS hc and FoS hc
    9. Lie about your GS in order to secure a place at Onyxia 25, Voa 25 and Toc 25. Keep a low profile.
    10. Join a guild.

Optional 1: Spam PvP until you can afford the cloak.
    Optional 2: Host your own Onyxia 25 and reserve items.
    Optional 3: Beg other players in Stormwind / Orgrimmar for free gibbs.
    Optional 4: Raid the guild bank
    Optional 5: Ask the forum to think for you.

Hope it helps.
    Edited: January 30, 2021

14. I can show you how to make stupid amounts of gold if you want :)

15. I can show you how to make stupid amounts of gold if you want :)
    Sure, go ahead.

12 Last