1. Merging account / link accouint. How does it work ?

Hello,

I am trying to transfer my characters from Outland to Icecrown. Since I already have 10 characters ( char limit ) I have to merge an account to transfer everything to...

Now, I tried to merge one of my accounts and it says " That account does not belong to you, try again." How does this work ? I searched the forums and I cant find any clear explanation. Please help!

2. the merge option doesnt work at all. Tried too, but I've failed so I decided to give up.

3. any moderator to give a clear answer ....??? I cant use any of my TBC toons like this :/
    Edited: December 28, 2020

4. Thanks to Smyth, now I know how merging accounts work. I thought to share this with everyone who are looking for answers.

In order to merge/link 2 accounts, you must first login in-game and on website from both accounts at the same time.

Now I am facing another issue and hopefully I can solve it. When trying to link, it says this account is already linked to another account.

5. How i Did link my 2 accounts:

- Get your main account full on character slots.
    - Requested transfer from TBC to Icecrown. Got massage i don't have a character slot to that and the option to link accounts
    - Linked accounts.

It might be helpful

6. How do you log into two accounts at once? The only way I can do it is by using a different browser for one of the accounts since if you try to use the same browser you have to log out of the first account before you log into the second.

Still, having opened both accounts in separate browsers I still get the error "You do not own that account..." when trying to link accounts. Can you explain how you did it in more detail?

7. How do you log into two accounts at once? The only way I can do it is by using a different browser for one of the accounts since if you try to use the same browser you have to log out of the first account before you log into the second.

Still, having opened both accounts in separate browsers I still get the error "You do not own that account..." when trying to link accounts. Can you explain how you did it in more detail?
    I think it will not identify it as your account because it could've had different IP address, so you have to refresh (sort of) by logging in. So, open 2 browsers / 2 wows at the same time. This will get you logged in with same IP address and online at the same hour, meaning you own both.

8. You can log in on both accounts either by using 2 different browsers (for a site login) or just running WOW twice at the same time.