1. BS Gearing Advice

Hi friends!

First off, a bit about myself: I’m a filthy casual. I’m playing on the Frostmourne server and mostly playing for nostalgia sake from my days playing retail during TBC. I’m not really looking to chase after BiS items or play a lot of PvE content but mostly some world PvP, BGs, and maybe some arenas for fun!

That being said, i’m a relatively fresh 80 and recently just upgraded my gear from quest greens to a bunch of blue saronite gear (ilvl 187). I don’t mind spending the time to farm mats and what not but was wondering what are some good ways to upgrade gear through BS? Im going to try and farm some honor for PvP gear but in the meantime I ’m just a little unsure what to be looking for in terms of upgrades through BS. My current goal is to upgrade to the Titansteel Destroyer 2h mace but is that worth it or is there something else I can make if I learn the recipe for it?

Any and all input appreciated!

2. Are you only interested in gearing for PVP? If that's the case, then I can't help you.

But, whenever I level an alt, I do the following:
    - I buy cheap blue items from the ah, which I use to replace my current trash gear, and try reaching an average ilvl of 191 to be able to queue rdf hc;
    * if the new gear suits my current spec, then that's nice for me;
    * if it doesn't, then I just replace it once I enter the dungeon;
    - I look for toc, fos, and pos spam runs.

Even though FM is still on the ToC patch, ICC will be released in 5 days from now, and with it the aforementioned dungeons will be available. I NEVER use any of my professions to craft 200 ilvl items. That's because the required mats are quite expensive, the items themselves are easily replaceable, and there are cheaper alternatives to obtain gear at that stage. Again, this is true regarding the PVE environment. In terms of PVP, things might be different, so wait for another, more experienced person to reply to your thread.
    Edited: December 28, 2020