1. Hybrid Paladin Spec (Question)

Hello!

I haven't played WoW for a while and logged-in few days ago!

I was surprised to see that retri paladins are playing some hybrid spec with 1h+shield & no CS or DS in talents.

What's up with that? What are the benefits & when's this viable? Did they nerf something or what? :D

2. It's a spec that does less damage than a Ret but also heals for more and is tankier. It's a built focused on support that's still capable of helping burst in a pinch. It's successful because most people don't know how to play against it, as it has Ret's mana regen and instant casts (making it difficult to oom or interrupt them), and is more sturdy as a result. Aside from differences in sturdiness, it has all of Ret's other weaknesses, while carrying less of its strengths. It's also easier to play, so that helps too. If you choose to play it, beware of your weaknesses - dispels, mana burn, etc.

3. I have yet to see people playing this combo in 2s, but tbh double prog pally is probably the strongest combo a paladin can play rn. The build is incredibly faceroll with high dmg, high mitigation, good healing, and infinite sustain. Play with any other slightly less tanky dps in 2s and you will absolutely dominate.
    Also full prot + disc/restro druid is next level ******ed.

4. Hello!

I haven't played WoW for a while and logged-in few days ago!

I was surprised to see that retri paladins are playing some hybrid spec with 1h+shield & no CS or DS in talents.

What's up with that? What are the benefits & when's this viable? Did they nerf something or what? :D
    The spec is very good vs Arms warriors in 2s / DKs and 2H Rets = most of the people on Warmane - especially in lower brackets

Is also very good in higher brackets with Frost Mage / Hunter

Its based on realization that in 2s on Warmane you mostly play with 1h+Shield as double DPS Ret - so somebody figured (years ago) why to play 2H in the first place LOL?

It's been around for years but one of the crucial talents for it was bugged here on Warmane

It was fixed few months ago (the 1h DPS talent) and since then it has seen a great BOOM!

Especially in Elwyn Forest where 80% of duelers standing there are DK, Ret 2H or Wars LOL :D

EDIT: Is also cheaper to gear BiS then 2H ... since you dont need SHadowmourne to get fully BiS Preg spec