1. Shadowmourne for Ret Paladin, is it worth it?

As the title says, is Shadowmourne worth for a Ret Paladin?

For a warrior and a DK is like a cherry on top of the cake but what about for Ret Paladins?

I am using Glorenzelg weapon and I'm pretty happy with it.

I was thinking of donating for Shadowmourne, but is it good for Ret Paladin?

I lose the expertise from Glorenzelg and I get ARP from SM, i also get +25 strength.

I lose 3 expertise because it is an axe and because of the racial passives...

However, SM has the nice passive 10 stacks + 30 strength = 300 strength then the explosion activates and you get 270 str for 10 seconds.

2. It is a powerful item indeed, but I wouldn't say it's worth donating for. It is definitely worth working on the quest, though.

3. In what situation do you get the best from SM? BGs, duels, PvE...?

4. It's kind of a nice item if you get it to your fresh level 80. If you already have weapon from LK (10/25 any difficulty), you won't feel the "bang for your buck" effect. I mean, it's better sure, but is it worth 150 coins for not-so-huge DPS boost?

If you'd place those 150 coins to other items, it would get you 6 items, and 12 coins to wait for use, or to get gold to enchant and gem your new items, with still gold to spend on other things.

Combine that with a guild that does ICC 25 HC clears enough for you to be getting SFS's soon.

Personal opinion: I wouldn't donate for it, but I could considering buying SM with coins earned from the trade.

5. I forgot to mention that I play on Blackrock realm.

So there isn't any PvE here...

6. I forgot to mention that I play on Blackrock realm.

So there isn't any PvE here...
    In that case... Probably not, but I can only speak for myself. I'm bit cheap with money, what comes to games. I might reconsider, if I sold gold for coins via trade for it, even then I'd think it through many times. More so as it's Blackrock, but this is again personal opinion coming from a long term Icecrown player.

Think it through few times, list pros and cons if you have to. If you didn't buy SM, where else you could use the money?

7. Solely for PvP? No. The upgrade isn't worth $150. The only obvious benefit you'll get from it is the strength procs, but Gloren offers more stamina and equal gemming opportunities.

8. In that case... Probably not, but I can only speak for myself. I'm bit cheap with money, what comes to games. I might reconsider, if I sold gold for coins via trade for it, even then I'd think it through many times. More so as it's Blackrock, but this is again personal opinion coming from a long term Icecrown player.

Think it through few times, list pros and cons if you have to. If you didn't buy SM, where else you could use the money?

Solely for PvP? No. The upgrade isn't worth $150. The only obvious benefit you'll get from it is the strength procs, but Gloren offers more stamina and equal gemming opportunities.
    Actually you guys are right, Gloren offes the same dps and damage as shadowmourne plus i dont need ARP as a ret paladin.

As i said, i was not going to donate for SM i just said i was thinking about donating it....

But 150 euros and not dollars for it?

Naah, i can buy whole lot of things for 150 euros in my country plus i dont play wow 24/7 since i have a job and a girlfriend to take care of.

Thank you for your answers tho.

9. Actually you guys are right, Gloren offes the same dps and damage as shadowmourne plus i dont need ARP as a ret paladin.

As i said, i was not going to donate for SM i just said i was thinking about donating it....

But 150 euros and not dollars for it?

Naah, i can buy whole lot of things for 150 euros in my country plus i dont play wow 24/7 since i have a job and a girlfriend to take care of.

Thank you for your answers tho.
    I just want to correct you. Armor Penetration isn't a bad stat, it's just not good enough for a Ret to go after it. Actively avoiding armor penetration will hurt you more than help you. In addition, Shadowmourne does significant more damage than Glorenzelg. The weapon damage stats aren't everything that determines this. Shadowmourne has more strength on it and the legendary proc is very powerful.
    That said, I would agree with you on whether it's worthwhile to donate for. Especially for pvp only. As far as I know, Blackrock does have a quest chain you can work on for it as well that involves PvP activities.

10. As the title says, is Shadowmourne worth for a Ret Paladin?
    Yes it is.

11. Can't say much for Ret cause I only have it on my War - but duuuuuuuuuude :D

SM is so much better weapon on my War the Oathbinder was :D

The trinket proc of SM is pretty insane in BGs is like an extra trinket + not to mention the placebo/physiological effect :D

People hate on you more / envy you more & people heal you more :D so it has its merits :D more heals + more hate from envious scrubs :D

I am currently working on getting SM on my Ret too :D and I hope to do so :D

Just checking the new SoR changes before doing it :D

GL :D make a right choice for you :D

12. SM is good for every class, dnt listen to those that say arp isnt good for ret.I agree u dnt need arp for ret but still 300 bonus strength is so fkn op.