1. Ebon Gargoyle Dispell Macro

Hey Folks,

so I've been playing a little bit more arena lately and my Mate is not expirienced yet - so i tried to find a solution for a macro to dispell my gargoyle, even if there are 2 gargoyles (one from the opponent and mine) are up at the same time.

So that's what I came up with, but I'm not sure if that is the "perfect" Solution, so I'm kinda asking if anyone has a better idea

Code:
    #showtooltips
    /targetexact [exists, party1pet] Ebon Gargoyle
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /cast Dispel Magic
    /targetlasttarget
    Is there any other solutions besides a mousover macro? (because he kinda has problems with that one).
    Edited: December 30, 2020 Reason: Fix Typo

2. Well, for starters, the spell is called "Dispel Magic"

3. Well, for starters, the spell is called "Dispel Magic"
    Yeah, ur right, my bad.

4. Since the modifier [@partypet1] already specifies to the game that you want to cast whatever ability comes after it on the pet of party1 it's redundant to go the /target and /targetlasttarget route.

#showtooltip
    /use [@partypet1]Dispel Magic

this should be more than enough. It will attempt to cast Dispel Magic on the pet of the party1 member every time you press it. If it doesn't exist then simply nothing happens.

Do note that this macro will always try to dispel the pet of party1 meaning if you're playing 3v3 and a hunter is party1, the macro will attempt to dispel the hunter's pet instead of your gargoyle.

Apparently it's also possible to append "-pet" to the end of your name in an @PLAYERNAME modifier, like this:

#showtooltip
    /use [@Insax-pet]Dispel Magic

and according to the internet that should work too. This macro will always attempt to dispel your DK's pet specifically.

First macro would be more practical for your mate if he only ever plans to play 2v2 and also wants to play with other DPS which use pets. Second macro would be more practical if the both of you are planning to do 3v3 alongside 2v2 and want to make sure that the button the macro is bound to always dispels your gargoyle.
    Edited: January 9, 2021

5. #showtooltip
    /use [@partypet1]Dispel Magic

this should be more than enough. It will attempt to cast Dispel Magic on the pet of the party1 member every time you press it. If it doesn't exist then simply nothing happens.
    If we would use it this way my mate would always dispell my ghoul, as my ghoul should be partypet1

The modifyer "party1pet" ensures that he always targets my Ebon Gargoyle, not the enemy one (if we play against DK's)

I've not really found a solution for 3v3, but i thought maybe there is a macro which could work universal - i tried @noharm but that one actually doesn't work, for some reason the gargoyle is a neutral / not friendly construct for my partymembers.

This also could work if we ever decide to play Hitlercleave with 2 different macros.
    Edited: January 9, 2021