1. Beginner friendly anti-melee class for solo player?

Hi. Could you guys recommend me beginner friendly anti-melee ranged class for solo q and bg. I never rly played wotlk pvp but wanna try it as a ranged class with kiting potential.

EDIT:
    How's frost mage in wotlk?
    Edited: January 2, 2021

2. I'd go for the frost mage since it has the most CC out of all ranged classes. If played correctly it's really good. Other thing you can try is hunter but imo he's harder to kite with compared to frost mage.

3. Frost mage is terribly boring for bgs, or so I've found.

4. Thanks for replies. Why mage is boring? Does his dmg suck?
    I think hunter is too hard for me I guess, because you have to manage pet.

5. Frost mage is boring because it is a single target spec with lots of cc, defensive cooldowns, etc. which is made for duelling.

If you want to have fun in a bg try arcane or fire.

6. Ele shaman is what you want, easy rotation, earthbind totem rocks and you can heal.

edit: Also bgs are fun.

7. Since you wrote anti-melee... Go with prot paladin :D

8. The way frost is designed makes him anti-melee class by default. But yeah, I think it's a boring spec. Other than that, elem sham, fire mage and boomkin imo

9. This is wrong. Frost is not only 1 vs 1 (the fact is frost mage have more cc,.. than other class except warlock so that made then great for 1 vs1), but the mage itself is not 1 vs 1 class. Mage class is made to fully work with other people.
    The goal of any mage is to control 1,2,... peoples and in the same time burst or made a burst possible for another one in your primary target. That requier huge skill and knowledge to make that.

But here in bg, it's impossible due to morons who spam living bomb, spread diseases,..... so as frost mage your are cuckblock. So the only thing you can do it's casting fb, making frost mage "boring"

Play hunter in bg, avoid mage. They suck in bg due to spam dispell, hunter (they pewpew you, so you are focus many times even if they have a war on their faces), and so many others things.

P.s: the one who said arcane mage pve is good because i'm with my personnal healer. => just your are not a pvp player's

10. Ele shaman is what you want, easy rotation, earthbind totem rocks and you can heal.

edit: Also bgs are fun.
    I've seen them do some amazing things: can run flags, off heal, huge bursts, and pushing people off cliffs is always hilarious.