1. How does one level up a shaman?

What is the best spec? I am trying ele and I have downtime every three mobs or so. I also don't know what totems to put down, if any.

2. on frostmourne queues sometime take 20-60 minutes... going resto is bad idea, you will have downtime... go enhancement till 70 and then u can go ele if u like... u should have no problem healing any classic dungeon either as enh and it never runs oom when doing quests...
    sth like this https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#hZ0xxfoxzIhusRuVo
    Edited: January 6, 2021

3. Enha would make sense, as it's less about mana, and more about melee swings. You get 45% reduced mana cost to shocks early on.
    With Ele, 1st mana regen talent would be at 35, increasing your MP5 by 4/8/12% of your intellect even while casting.

Resto? If you want to, just gotta play RDF a lot, as questing will be slow as ****.

I don't remember placing totems down that much while leveling (manaaaa!). I remember placing totems on occasion, if I could kill several mobs while within totems' range. Not gonna bother with totems and replacing them after every third kill.

4. What I've learnt:

* I switched to that enh build from up there. It works well with no obvious downtime. If I see I'm getting out of mana I try to keep Water Shield up.
    * I made a macro that casts Water Shield on me whenever I mount up.
    * The only totem I put down is Stoneclaw when I am fighting more than one enemy.
    * I open with Flame Shock and then I spam Earth Shock until I need to apply Flame Shock again (if I have to, since mobs usually die before I need to).
    * I use Windfury Weapon (not sure if it is the best choice).

It seems totem management will be complicated at level 80 pvp. Too many different ones.

Thanks for your suggestions.