1. New player question - Server selection

New player here, just left retail this week. Tried a few other private servers (all trash) before finding this one (which appeals to me at first glance due to the quality/polished nature of it and the professionalism of the staff).

Question: Reading the forums, I see that some servers are considered "seasonal?" and that they reset. Is this true? How often do servers reset, I would like to select my main play server as one that will be here for a long-time if I am going to invest serious time and money in my account.

Thank you for the advice

2. there is only 1 "seasonal" realm: "Frostmourne".
    after 1 year it resets but charaters are not dleted, just moved to a "standard" realm: Icecrown

Once you log-in with client, at "character selection screen", on left side there are the info you need to know about a specific realm.

3. there is only 1 "seasonal" realm: "Frostmourne".
    after 1 year it resets but charaters are not dleted, just moved to a "standard" realm: Icecrown

Once you log-in with client, at "character selection screen", on left side there are the info you need to know about a specific realm.
    Thank you, appreciate it. Part of the issue is I had to download a client to try the server... which was a big (40gb i think?) download. So, it isn't possible to check all the server types when logging in (for example after my download I can only see the MOP server as that is the one I decided to download).

Good to know that only 1 server resets, that's important to me.

4. Thank you, appreciate it. Part of the issue is I had to download a client to try the server... which was a big (40gb i think?) download. So, it isn't possible to check all the server types when logging in (for example after my download I can only see the MOP server as that is the one I decided to download).

Good to know that only 1 server resets, that's important to me.
    Servers are based on clients, can't play WotLK servers with MoP client, or vice versa. And there's only 1 MoP server. WotLK offers 3 servers:
    - The 1 year seasonal Frostmourne
    - The x1 "blizzlike" hc Lordaeron
    - Everybody's favorite Icecrown

Warmane's MoP isn't that popular. If you want more players, and like the WotLK expansion, I recommend downloading that too/instead.

5. OhieMitzen: Rofl, you forgot one more realm...