1. is icecrown dead

hey im looking at starting on icecrown, is it worth levelling to 80? is it dead? ive logged on and theres only like 8 lvevel 80's online

2. It's impossible that there's 8 level 80s. Icecrown has the most pop out of all the realms here so idk what you're talking about. If you found 8 level 80s in Stormwind area dueling or something that doesn't represent the whole population of Icecrown.. Furthermore, it's 8 AM server time (7 at the time of your post) and you assume the realm is dead.
    Numbers are here: https://www.warmane.com/

3. the search function /who is not working properly. it won't show all the realm population. also most lvl 80s are in northrend, dalaran or in capital cities.

4. numbers are faked by devs. even if they're true, half of the realm is bots and multiboxers

5. numbers are faked by devs. even if they're true, half of the realm is bots and multiboxers
    Source? Did you actually go around counting every single character in every single zone, dungeon, raid instance, battleground and arena?

Bots and Multiboxers, huh? There sure are some bots playing the AH 24/7, but I have yet to come across a single bot who's actually playing the game (Not to my knowledge atleast). Multiboxers are limited to 25 characters per player now, and you don't see that many of them in the open world.

What you can see though are hundreds of players idling in capitals such as Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Dalaran aswell as the other capitals all across Azeroth. These players alone go in the thousands at peak server time. Now add the thousands of players scattered all across the many zones, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and arenas, probably even a good amount of players in the character selection screen (which I'm guessing also counts towards the server population), and there you have a full server with a bunch of people waiting in que.

6. Source? Did you actually go around counting every single character in every single zone, dungeon, raid instance, battleground and arena?

Bots and Multiboxers, huh? There sure are some bots playing the AH 24/7, but I have yet to come across a single bot who's actually playing the game (Not to my knowledge atleast). Multiboxers are limited to 25 characters per player now, and you don't see that many of them in the open world.

What you can see though are hundreds of players idling in capitals such as Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Dalaran aswell as the other capitals all across Azeroth. These players alone go in the thousands at peak server time. Now add the thousands of players scattered all across the many zones, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and arenas, probably even a good amount of players in the character selection screen (which I'm guessing also counts towards the server population), and there you have a full server with a bunch of people waiting in que.
    I've seen many bots in Northrend. They just walk around all day killing things. But there probably are others that farm veins or herbs.

Regarding population, you can use /who to calculate it yourself. (inb4 I don't know how to use /who so I will say it caps at 50 players)

7. I've seen many bots in Northrend. They just walk around all day killing things. But there probably are others that farm veins or herbs.

Regarding population, you can use /who to calculate it yourself. (inb4 I don't know how to use /who so I will say it caps at 50 players)
    The /who function doesn't work properly. As to the OP, the server is far far from dead, try farming anything in norhrend and I promise after an hour you will want to rip your hair out.

8. The /who function doesn't work properly. As to the OP, the server is far far from dead, try farming anything in norhrend and I promise after an hour you will want to rip your hair out.
    I can personally guarantee you, realm is far from dead. In fact its a great time to start a new character as they made a change to what was previously two separate battlegroups. Now there is low GS Pvp queue and high GS. I've been having a blast with my 2.7-4k alts.

9. /who only lists 50 players just like retail only lists 50 players.
    The who function is not broken and it does infact work the way Warmane intends it to work in line with retail.
    Try use the /who function on retail and you will get the exact same results.
    Only reason why its not like that on other servers is because it has been changed on those servers.

10. Icecrown? Dead? Pffft. Nah, that realm's not gonna be dead anytime soon. Though I'm honestly surprised it still has so many players triggering a queue to get in.

11. :D :D :D

Mate this place has over 10k+ players playing at almost any time any day :D

BGs are popping constantly (all of them) with 5-10min queues longest even as a 3-5man premade!!!

THIS PLACE IS A ****ING HEAVEN LOL :D

And has been the same for the past 5y :D

Currently I noticed a HUGE fluctuation of people from Romaina / Bulgaria and countries near that region - which has it pros and cons LOL

So yea ... :D I mean depends on what you call dead xD ... if you mean like dead = you will be constantly dead while leveling cause of ganking then yea ... you dead :D

12. Dead? Hahahahahah. Look man im not a fan of buying shadowmournes, in fact i despise some of warmane features. But being straight, this server is absolutely amazing because of the high pop. You will see people EVERYWHERE. In classic zones, in TBC zones, in every SINGLE city, Dalaran numbers are overwhelming, RDF and BG are popping instantly 24/7...

I seriously don't know what people are thinking when they say they fake numbers. I played back in the day in Nostalrius (had 12k players) and I still feel like this server has more people playing on it. Jeez i leveled my toon a couple weeks ago and I remember Tanaris was literally a battleground.

13. Even if there were a lot of 'bots' on this server (A claim I'm skeptical of), you can still easily tell that the vast majority of the playerbase consists of active, real players. Tons of real players seem to be playing on the server, and to me that's part of the appeal (the massive population). Lots of world pvp, raids, instanced content, and more niche content even like twinking for 19 and 70 brackets.