1. Modify the gold squish to be monthly or weekly and avoid prices roller coaster

Hi,
    First I'm totally in favor of a gold squish, my issue is how it's implemented. I've been playing for a year and half and from my observation AH prices are fine from March to May, rise quite a bit in June-July, skyrocket in September-November and stay completely silly until the squish happen.

My suggestion to fix it is to have monthly or weekly squishes. Instead of having a yearly -50% have a monthly -1.386% or a weekly -1.0782%. Those gold loss would be barely noticeable and be equal to (slighlty over) -50% over a year. (EDIT: 5am, not sure on the numbers)

Even better, smaller and more frequent squish, in addition to fixing the nonsense of prices roller coaster would also discourage most people from storing all their wealth in materials and BoEs, greatly improving the effectiveness of the squish.

Thank you for you attention, I hope this reach Warmane's staff. Have a nice day.
    Edited: January 17, 2021

2. The price roller coaster only benefits those who can fiddle around it. And pretty much all can do that. And those with proper wealth, gain more, thank's to "squish".

3. Sounds like you want a proper gold sink. If that would be something that works - it would already be up and running, this is..which? 5th or 6th squish? Plenty of time. Since that hasn't happened - obviously that wouldn't be healthy.

4. Are you thinking about new players to whom every silver they earn means a lot?
    does this apply to 1x server? this method would kill any game expirience for new players and kept some kind of monopoly for anyone who has any lvl80 toon already. Weekly? Monthly? Big no.

5. can we just stop pretending already that the gold squish does anything other than let the rich get richer? I'm not even that well off and I'm losing less than 10k gold to this gold squish as I regularly melt stuff into valuables instead of keeping it liquid...

for someone who's struggling to get epic flying, gold squish is a horrible idea both because of the prices of everything in the weeks leading up to the actual squish and for basically warmane stealing half their gold and saying "see all those people with 200k gold? they lost half too so they only have 100k now"

for someone with a bunch of gold and items, they got things cheap months ago, and are now selling for MORE THAN DOUBLE what they were worth, so they will eventually end up with gold capped chars... turning a 90k gold investment into 214k gold, which after squish is still 25k profit...

for someone with a bunch of gold and items, they can just sit on them for these dark winter months of prices gone all crazy, take the "hit" of a few thousand gold lost, and then when prices re-establish themselves around the norm, resell their items at normal market values, which means the gold squish didn't really happen as far as they're concerned

6. for someone who's struggling to get epic flying, gold squish is a horrible idea both because of the prices of everything in the weeks leading up to the actual squish and for basically warmane stealing half their gold
    It's not even struggle to get the epic flying to be honest. Few days of questing, before or after squish, doesn't really matter. Thanks to squish, you can even make it easier before squish happens. Sell BoE's or other trade goodies at ±150% of their normal price, buy your mount and training and off you fly!

7. Modify the gold squish so it never happens.

8. they should just do a complete eco wipe. delete anything that isn't bound. no people hording mats, boes etc. that's the only thing that's actually going to have a lasting effect.

9. Finally I've managed to hear of an idea that's even worse than the squish itself.

10. We need to just kill players randomly with a script, so they cant farm that much gold. That would solve inflation 100%. Each time player loots +100g he has 20% chance to just die(ofc durability loss incurred). If player loots, lets say 10'000g from mailbox script rolls 20% chance to die each time player revives next 100 times. Then good players can just walk trough cities and spit on rotten capitalists lying dead at mailboxes. Then things will be as they should be in real utopia, instead of "please gold" players would run around cities saying "please take my gold". Paradise achieved.

11. Just gonna point out that the math doesn't really check out, actual monthly number is closer to 5% as I've mentioned about a year ago: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post3028967
    excel approved: https://i.imgur.com/2EOhPFh.png

But it's all just ridiculous anyway. I've learned to live with the squish, it works great for me tbh, I always end up on top and I don't even put much effort into it.

12. I don't get the big deal about the Gold Cut.

Eternal Shadows go for 40-46g down to 20-23g last Year on AH. Pretty much every item went half down in Value on AH.
    50 Coins = 200000g back then to 50 coins = 100000g, literally the value just got halved.

Literally didn't notice any difference other than everything got halved. Nothing went up or down in Value, just halved.

People try to find tricks and such to take advantage of the Gold Cut, but what advantage? Literally everything got halved.
    People think Human Behavior towards the Cut is what will drive the tricks to taking advantage of the Gold Cut, but that didn't happen last year.

The only two disadvantages that happen throughout the Year is the value of Gold earned in-game thru Quest overtime go down until the cut and if you hold on to your Gold its always going to decrease in value overtime due to inflation.

13. actual monthly number is closer to 5% as I've mentioned about a year ago: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post3028967
    excel approved: https://i.imgur.com/2EOhPFh.png
    Thanks for the proper number!

This would actually help the newer players. Instead of randomly loosing half you gold (assuming a beginner doesn't check the site news) or having expensive prices everywhere when your main income in quest's gold you get a stable economy year-round.

And for the record I'm a wealthy player, I've made over 500 coins from selling gold. I don't care that you can make gains from the squish, I just find it so stupid to have such prices change from something meant to "stabilize" the economy.

14. Gold squish is a bandage. Inflation is driven by the increased drop rate + ease of multiboxing (especially on a private server where it doesn't require numerous subscriptions to do).

I don't really see a solution here.

15. inflation driven by increaserd drop rate ? what the hell have you been smoking ? i want some :S

12 Last