1. Transmog armor with other type of armor

I just got dissapointed that I can't transmog plate to leather. I don't know what's the reason for this, since we can transmog swords to axes, so I don't think it's the client limitations.
    In my case for example, I just wanted to transmog my plate helm to leather mask, because it just looks so epic, but well, I can't. There are no plate helms that I would transmog to, I don't like their appearance. However there are many cloth, leather, mail type that I like. As for now I'm forced to play with enabled option to hide my helm.
    4 years passed since transmog was introduced (from topic date), there is written "currently only the same armor type", so I assume Warmane staff thought about possibility to transmog armor without restriction to the same armor type. But will it happen?

2. Transmogs are restricted based off patches and expansions. Transmogging plate to leather doesn't make as much sense as an axe two a sword or mace. It's all about armor and weapon types. It's unfortunate that there aren't any plate helms that are to your liking. If you haven't looked into it already, may I suggest icy veins for a list of items.