1. Server information

Hi all,

I didn't play for 5 years and just started playing again since a few weeks. So please don't blame me if my questions are stupid.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question about differences between servers on Warmane.
    At the moment i'm playing at Lorderaen (x1) server. I am currently at lvl 70 and I did do a lot of quests. I noticed that all these quests work so far. It's something I didn't expect to expierence on a private server. The thing is, I don't really have that much time anymore in this stage of my life to play on a x1 server. Even though I like to do quests and I really like to level my way to 80, I simply don't have time to do it.

I want to switch to Icecrown or Frostmourne because everything goes faster since it's a x7 server. Is there any difference between those servers (besides the population)? And what about the differences between, for example, Icecrown and Lorderean? Is everyhting scripted the same way? Do all the quests that work on Lorderaen, also work on Icecrown?

Please let me know :)

2. it is not possible to transfer from Lordaeron(x1) to any other realms.

Yes, all Wotlk realms have the same scripts.
    You can read the info about a specific realm at "character selection" screen

3. You can maybe sell your char and buy one on icecrown, for 30 coins you can find a bargain with reps/flying/professions. Or simply level a new one, will go quick.

4. You can maybe sell your char and buy one on icecrown, for 30 coins you can find a bargain with reps/flying/professions. Or simply level a new one, will go quick.
    Even if OP manages to sell his char on Lorde for 30 coins, he will lose 5(?) due to the presence of a fee and won't be able to buy a new toon. However, I agree with you that leveling a char from scratch on either IC or FM would go quick.

5. Frostmourne is a progressive server, that is supposed to release raids over the course of a year before resetting and booting all characters to Icecrown. That transition I believe is happening sometime in the next few months so it's probably a moot point to look at differences between frost and ice since you will wind up on Icecrown either way in the near future.

6. If you decide to make a new character on Icecrown (Horde), PM me (or just post here, up to your own discretion) your in-game nick on Icecrown. We'll see, if we can get you up to speed.

7. Frostmourne is a progressive server, that is supposed to release raids over the course of a year before resetting and booting all characters to Icecrown. That transition I believe is happening sometime in the next few months so it's probably a moot point to look at differences between frost and ice since you will wind up on Icecrown either way in the near future.
    Exactly this.

I actually did the same mate - I was playing on Lordareon doing a lot of PUGs (as leader) gearing up my Pally + War for PvP (which is my main focus) - I didn't have time to join a full on PvE Guild cause of real life nor did I had interest in PvE to be honest :D

But to be competitive in PvP on War you need PvE :D also Pally needs some

Basically after a while I ended up switching to Icecrown cause it makes gearing up for BGs and Arenas waaaaay easier - also PUGing on Icecrown was soooo much easier as Raids on Ice are easier then on Lordareon and also people on Ice on avarage have so much more gear that you do the Raids more reliably with PUG groups - almost all the people know the ICC strategy.

What I have experienced is on Lord PUGs do ToC and Guilds do ICC. On Ice PUGs do ICC and Guilds do RS :D

So if you wanna an easier way to play definitely go ICC :) if you wanna do PvP / end game content long term

If you wanna play through the whole thing wait till Frostmoutne reset and start there - but it will be time intensive since you will have to gear up - which takes just as much time as leveling ...