1. Trinket question

Ok so have anyone tested how marginal difference is between sharpened twilight scale normal one and hc? im thinking about upgrade but difference might be too small

2. If you want to waste coins by buying STSnm, rather gift them to me)
    Seriously, killing Halion nm is not a big deal so it will drop eventualy. Unless you are joining pugs where RL ress any loot or trolls that equip 200ilvl on bis characters

3. The difference is quite small on overall DPS. During Burst/proc, it's more noticeable.

Normal:
    Passive: 163 ArP
    Proc: 1304 AP for 15 seconds (Let's assume 30% uptime, 391.2 AP)

HC
    Passive: 184 ArP
    Proc: 1472 AP for 15 seconds (Let's assume 30% uptime, 441.6 AP)

4. If you want to waste coins by buying STSnm, rather gift them to me)
    Seriously, killing Halion nm is not a big deal so it will drop eventualy. Unless you are joining pugs where RL ress any loot or trolls that equip 200ilvl on bis characters
    He may already have STS normal and could be thinking of buying the heroic version to replace it if the dps difference is big enough to make it worth it instead of another upgrade. If he means what you thought he means - I agree. Buying a normal version of an item instead of spending a coin more on a heroic is not an intelligent move.

On topic: Assuming you already have STS normal and are thinking of getting the heroic one, you have to evaluate the rest of your gear upgrade options as well as whether you prefer a bigger boost in damage NOW that may be more easily obtainable ingame, or a smaller dps increase currently, but would be otherwise a lot harder to get through raiding or so.

TLDR - Depends on what you prefer to do and the rest of your current gear.

5. He may already have STS normal and could be thinking of buying the heroic version to replace it if the dps difference is big enough to make it worth it instead of another upgrade. If he means what you thought he means - I agree. Buying a normal version of an item instead of spending a coin more on a heroic is not an intelligent move.

On topic: Assuming you already have STS normal and are thinking of getting the heroic one, you have to evaluate the rest of your gear upgrade options as well as whether you prefer a bigger boost in damage NOW that may be more easily obtainable ingame, or a smaller dps increase currently, but would be otherwise a lot harder to get through raiding or so.

TLDR - Depends on what you prefer to do and the rest of your current gear.
    Pretty much this.

If you are raiding, you ll upgrade it eventually by normal means, why bother to upgrade by using coins. But if you are doing PvP ONLY, every bit counts and its not like replacing ashen ring with twilight heroic ring, difference isnt that small between sts n and hc versions.
    Edited: January 21, 2021

6. yeah its basically for pvp only, and yes I already have sts nm. its either this upgrade or my pve t10 helmet