1. 1% physical dmg reduction.
    Idk im just sayn i triggered 2x times ardent defender on festergut with my full armor gear on pala,with avoidance that never happend.
    And i will stick with my avoidance gear synce yall think armor is better coz 1% physical reduction is better over 5% avoidance.
    Which doesnt make sense to me but ok.
    Ill give full armor 1 more shot maybe it was healers that fked up but idk.
    So is black hearth BIS trinket then?
    Ill use corroded key and black hearth coz i dnt have syndra flawless fang
    Edited: February 11, 2021

2. Because your "full armor" gear have wrong enchants and gems. If you had correct stats, even 2 hits in a row wouldn't trigger AD.
    And again - 1% armor doesn't come in cost of 5% of avoidance, it's almost even trade yet armor constantly cuts away 1-2 thousand of dmg

3. I use enchants from internet that prot pala guide.And it wasnt 2 hits it was fkn 4hits in a row that obv wouldnt happen with avoidance gear.

4. I use enchants from internet that prot pala guide.And it wasnt 2 hits it was fkn 4hits in a row that obv wouldnt happen with avoidance gear.
    4 hits in a row will happen sometimes even with avoidance gear. Even if less often. Bigger problem is not getting healed for 4 hits in a row thats like 8 seconds of your healers slacking this one is on them.

5. now idk what being a lord tank has to do with anything considering every LK encounter across all 3 realms is scripted the exact same (same hp,enrage,and damage. check and compare the logs if you wish). The only difference is IC having the option of a 30% buff
    That's not correct. Lordaeron has no 30% buff in ICC that much is true.
    Additionaly all Bosses are Buffed with:
    1. lowered enrage timer
    2. Increased Boss Health
    3. Increased boss damage

This is the reason that Lordaeron is the hardcore realm compared to the easier Icecrown.

6. Additionaly some Bosses are Buffed with:
    1. lowered enrage timer
    2. Increased Boss Health
    3. Increased boss damage
    Fixed that for you

7. Dude,Most of players like u (stack armor)are sh1t at tanking or never been tankin , i think ur never been tanking, or boosted by raid or good healers(no insult)? its simple
    Pala avoidance- avoid + hp 45k hit to avoid it(exaple fester at 8 stacks some bosses do less like 20-25k per hit), simple paladins need much more avoidance coz they dnt have self healing or huge hp.
    Dk full armor and hp coz they can self heal and u need to reduce dmg at full,pestilence glyph and u can self heal every time so if boss hits u 47k dmg (festergut at 8 stacks)hc u can instantly heal urself for 20k hp and u wont get killed by next hit including will of necropolis. So armor on dk is very important.
    Druid tank also needs armor and stamina coz of huge health and unless like dk u depend on healers u can have 90k hp but u cant heal like dk.
    So lets think on prot paladin to do 1% less dmg redution or to avoid 47k dmg by 7%.Idk its ur choice but i choose avoidance on paladin.

Mercy no insult dude but i think ur dps that think armor is best option for prot pala.First do tanking then u will see my option is better than noobs that say armor is best.You will see,after all blizzard employers know better than you,and they are right in every cause.In the end i did test ur full armor Pala and guess wut,2x times i triggered ardent defender which never happened, with my avoidance set on fester hc b4.
    I'm not and have never been a dps main. I don't appreciate the rudeness. It's not OK.
    I would attempt to change your mind on your beliefs, but I don't see why I should bother if that's the attitude I'm to be met with when I'm trying to help people.

8. Guys I need help from you now. I'm playing Warrior tank and I'm at 6k gs sitting. I got full t10 Ymiral set but I cannot decide which items should I equip, can you help me?

I want to have 4 sets for that bloodrage bonus. I am planning on putting legs (because of huge expertise gain) + hands (because of free hit rating) + shoulders as standard and what should be the last item? Chest or Head? I saw someone saying that Head (broken skull ram) is the bis if you want that hit rating ?

Chest gives a lot of armor but also reduces my defense rating by 100 since I have Blightborne warplate. SO after putting a chest, i get 558 defense rating instead of 578 and a bit more of parry ratting + more armor. Not to mention that I also get a lot more strength from tier sets. So what do you suggest guys? Or should I just use all 5 pieces as 5/5 ?

I really need help here.

9. That's not correct. Lordaeron has no 30% buff in ICC that much is true.
    Additionaly all Bosses are Buffed with:
    1. lowered enrage timer
    2. Increased Boss Health
    3. Increased boss damage

This is the reason that Lordaeron is the hardcore realm compared to the easier Icecrown.
    Because playing on a realm that has 3 bosses slightly buffed makes you a better player and makes you understand the game better. Also because the boss's health and enrage timer totally change the way you gear up your tank (which is the main topic of this thread).

10. Does the same rule apply to gems in regards to Prot Pally tanking and EHP? Because one thing I do NOT like to do is mismatch my sockets. I take +30 Stam or +51 Stam for every blue socket, a +10 all gem in one of the other sockets, and the remaining red/yellow sockets get hybrid +15 stam gems with other stats (red sockets get 15 Stam/10 Strength, Yellows get 15 Stam/10 Defense).

This ensures that I get the socket bonus for every item, however minor, and the two hybrid gems I run with still confer some form of EHP. Strength gives Block rating and also converts into Spellpower, slightly improving my Sacred Shield bubbles, while Defense scales with Ardent Defender when it procs. I'm really hoping that raid leaders aren't going to expect me to just dump 30 Stam gems into every socket and mismatch everything.

As far as armor goes, now I'm really reconsidering taking Engineering if armor is that important later, since gloves get an 885 armor enchant, and Nitro Boosts combined with 15% movement speed from Pursuit of Justice would make for a very mobile tank in key situations.
    Edited: March 3, 2021

11. Chest + hands of T10, craftable 264 legs and 277 off-set helm and shoulders.
    This is because 12% active dodge from plea won't help with ICC and Halion hc, but instead will make you waste GCD in critical situation
    this is so not true lol, first off there is multiple situations where only a dodge will save your life, going from a death to a survived hit, 4p is literally a free 12% dodge every 60 second, a gcd which i will gladly take considering using 1 gcd for a defensive is perfectly fine as a paladin tank,

2nd- you lose barely any armor for the tradeoff, if you simmed or used both builds you know what im talking about, the difference is barely 650-700 armor and a small to un-noticeable defensive stats, i will gladly trade 700 armor for 12% dodge every 60 second, there is literally no point why you wouldnt want to use 4p.
    if you go and say yeah but hit will be a problem on 4p, no it wont, you use lady helm bringing you to 7% hit + 1% draenei, u can bind bvb to your taunt if youre horde, or hit food.

12. this is so not true lol, first off there is multiple situations where only a dodge will save your life, going from a death to a survived hit, 4p is literally a free 12% dodge every 60 second, a gcd which i will gladly take considering using 1 gcd for a defensive is perfectly fine as a paladin tank,

2nd- you lose barely any armor for the tradeoff, if you simmed or used both builds you know what im talking about, the difference is barely 650-700 armor and a small to un-noticeable defensive stats, i will gladly trade 700 armor for 12% dodge every 60 second, there is literally no point why you wouldnt want to use 4p.
    if you go and say yeah but hit will be a problem on 4p, no it wont, you use lady helm bringing you to 7% hit + 1% draenei, u can bind bvb to your taunt if youre horde, or hit food.
    It would've been better to make the 4p bonus "while Divine Plea is active, Dodge chance is increased by 12%," so it's always in effect as long as your Divine Plea is up and running.

13. You overrate 4t10 bonus way too hard. Its no dmg reduction, no absorb, its just a little temporal avoidance that one shouldnt rely on. I agree that its better than nothing yet having it wont make any difference. As with upper post, if that %12 dodge chance was a passive that comes with divine plea, all the paladins would always aim for 4t10.

14. You overrate 4t10 bonus way too hard. Its no dmg reduction, no absorb, its just a little temporal avoidance that one shouldnt rely on. I agree that its better than nothing yet having it wont make any difference. As with upper post, if that %12 dodge chance was a passive that comes with divine plea, all the paladins would always aim for 4t10.
    In regards to Engineering, how much EHP do you get from the 885 armor glove enchant and the mind control helmet enchant (I believe it's 45 Stamina) overall? JC is my primary profession, but I'm really considering Engineering now to replace Mining when JC is done.

The choice is between Engi/JC and Ench/JC, which would replace the 60 Stam from Toughness with 60 Stam from Ring Enchants, and would have 80 Attack Power from Ring Enchants when using Ret spec.

15. In regards to Engineering, how much EHP do you get from the 885 armor glove enchant and the mind control helmet enchant (I believe it's 45 Stamina) overall? JC is my primary profession, but I'm really considering Engineering now to replace Mining when JC is done.

The choice is between Engi/JC and Ench/JC, which would replace the 60 Stam from Toughness with 60 Stam from Ring Enchants, and would have 80 Attack Power from Ring Enchants when using Ret spec.
    I dont remember the ehp calculation but I ve found this, https://rehfeld.us/wow/effective-health.html . At 50k hp and 40k armor, 1 stamina gives 37 eh, while armor gives 11 times more and getting 900 armor at that point increases eh from armor by 0.2 I think. So 60 stamina gives 2220 eh compared to 6549 eh from 885 armor (885 x 0,2 = 177stamina and 177 x 37 = 6549 eh.) And about head enchant, its just +8 stamina since rep enchant already gives +37 stamina so its not that great, I wouldnt pass +20 def rate at expense of 8 stamina even though Im never gemming for it.

75k hp 40k armor values aswell:
    Stamina = 36,26 eh
    Armor = 7,36 stamina = 267 eh

+885armor (increase armor/stamina formula to 7,48)
    885 Armor = 106,2 stamina = 3850,812 eh

My calculations is far from ok as I feel since increasing armor also increases stamina to eh conversion a bit. But increasing stamina does not affect it.

Well someone can explain better prolly.
    Edited: March 4, 2021

First 12345 ... Last