1. the question no1 seems to want to answer

with TBC on the brink of re-release, it shows that blizz is rdy to re-release older versions of the game.

its only a matter of time before WOTLK becomes retail again.

with this in mind and warmane being primarily based WOTLK it begs the question.....

what are warmanes plans once blizz finally drops the eventual WOTLK re-release?
    Edited: January 23, 2021

2. with TBC on the brink of re-release, it shows that blizz is rdy to re-release older versions of the game.

its only a matter of time before WOTLK becomes retail again.

with this in mind and warmane being primarily based WOTLK it begs the question.....

what are warmanes plans once blizz finally drops the eventual WOTLK re-release?
    Do you think the fact that Warmane is successful is due only to the fact that it has pop and is wotlk based? You have to understand why Warmane is successful to be able to anticipate how Blizzard wrath would affect it. A couple things (beyond the simple fact that there is a community here that many people embrace and many others have sunk a lot of money into). First, many people won't care for normal xp rates that Blizzard would provide, they are used to faster leveling of characters, professions, etc and would find 1X less appealing (save those who play on Lord). Also, Warmane remains free to play, and that is always a huge plus for many people who play private servers. Finally, Warmane is an international community, this is something big biz like Blizzard wouldn't capture as they would have regional servers. I cannot understate how huge it is to the community that you get to experience many different cultures and languages and meet so many people from all over the world, this is incredibly special and I don't think it is as fully realized or appreciated but it is a staying factor for sure (as someone who moved half way across the world due to friends made in this game I feel strongly about this).

TL:DR Warmane should be just fine, and I don't anticipate Blizzard threatening their numbers too much with a "retail release".

3. Meh, numbers might make a small temporary dip, as is to be expected. Icecrown's numbers dipped when Lordaeron, Frostmourne, Outland, Retail Vanilla released; yet Icecrown is almost always full. People hype, they hop in, have their fill, hit the downtime period and come play here again. It also costs monthly payments to play retail, playing on Warmane is 0 cost (well ok, donating to skip queues could be counted, but it's not requirement).

What retail WotLK would offer: Yet another 'blizzlike' progression x1 realm. Those have been around for ages, what makes so huge difference if it's made by a private server, or by Blizzard. Don't forget, those realms would most likely have long queues, so that you could actually play.

Let people try their new games, they'll eventually return to their trusty old games.

4. Also blizzard has problems allready holdin 80 ppl in 1 zone and thats classic. Warmane has way more stable servers.

5. It is a good question. I suspect Blizzard might bring some legal action against wotlk servers when they release wotlk, but we will see.

6. Also blizzard has problems allready holdin 80 ppl in 1 zone and thats classic. Warmane has way more stable servers.
    Yes, but that's vanilla, not WotLK. WotLK offers very different gameplay experience compared to "hard" (read: grindy) vanilla. Not to mention it's Blizzzard's highlight of Arthas' story coming to an end. #BetterNostalgia

It is a good question. I suspect Blizzard might bring some legal action against wotlk servers when they release wotlk, but we will see.
    Pretty sure they do that constantly, increased amount if they proceed to re-WotLK. But servers that have been up all this time, will continue to stay up most likely.

7. Pretty sure they do that constantly, increased amount if they proceed to re-WotLK. But servers that have been up all this time, will continue to stay up most likely.
    Believe me, they really don't give a crap. What happened to Nostalrius was a fluke. As an example, TDB is 100% their copyright (unlike TrinityCore) and there it is, up on github. How much time would it take them to send a DMCA request?

8. What happened to Nostalrius was them being gifted with a way to shut down a doomed business model while posing as good guys.
    Quite the smart move, I'll admit, but not any less sleazy for that.

9. Yes, but that's vanilla, not WotLK. WotLK offers very different gameplay experience compared to "hard" (read: grindy) vanilla. Not to mention it's Blizzzard's highlight of Arthas' story coming to an end. #BetterNostalgia

Pretty sure they do that constantly, increased amount if they proceed to re-WotLK. But servers that have been up all this time, will continue to stay up most likely.
    Wotlk has many many more things server has to handle, in classic vanilla you have max cap. If blizzard keeps same thing up you can have max 10 ppl in zone, if same **** on wotlk. When warmane had 1k

10. Wait till classic cataclysm. Like tbc and vanilla pservers.

11. Do you think the fact that Warmane is successful is due only to the fact that it has pop and is wotlk based? You have to understand why Warmane is successful to be able to anticipate how Blizzard wrath would affect it. A couple things (beyond the simple fact that there is a community here that many people embrace and many others have sunk a lot of money into). First, many people won't care for normal xp rates that Blizzard would provide, they are used to faster leveling of characters, professions, etc and would find 1X less appealing (save those who play on Lord). Also, Warmane remains free to play, and that is always a huge plus for many people who play private servers. Finally, Warmane is an international community, this is something big biz like Blizzard wouldn't capture as they would have regional servers. I cannot understate how huge it is to the community that you get to experience many different cultures and languages and meet so many people from all over the world, this is incredibly special and I don't think it is as fully realized or appreciated but it is a staying factor for sure (as someone who moved half way across the world due to friends made in this game I feel strongly about this).

TL:DR Warmane should be just fine, and I don't anticipate Blizzard threatening their numbers too much with a "retail release".
    This is so true.

I myself started playing here about 4-5y ago and have been doing exactly what you said - played for 1y, take a break for 1y, play again, take break again and then playing only on weekends 1x-2x / months ... now back to playing every weekend :D

Great think about Warmane is of course that it is:

-- RELIABLE - your character is here to STAY, your power level is to STAY - basically even if you go off and come back after a FULL YEAR you still have the same EPIC toon you put all that work into and all the tricks you learned to do in PvP still work - can't say how much I LOVE THIS compared to all the everchanging MOBAs and other games being produced today

-- FREE - is so good you are not paying any monthly fee - in fact it was always one of my MAIN REASONS to play private when I was younger - I played some retail later - but mainly it even motivated me to donate more - when I was still on Lordareon - just cause I wanted the server to stay well and wanted to thank for the good time :D I actually donated my first 100coins or so on Lordareon only xD got some gold from it as bonus :D

-- has AMAZING PVP community :D - as a PvP main I just can't get enough of PvPers here on Warmane :D - yes there is about 20-30% of ******s - 50% of middle - BUT the 20-30% TOP people that you get to know and are on same page as you - just like IRL is hard to find people you get along with greatly - are really worth it :D every day I am surprised by all the AWESOME guys / girls I meet and learn something new :D

This place is pretty cool for chill time on weeknds

So Thanks Warmane for that :D