1. The "WOD models" launcher is the same as default one. They removed the launcher but kept the link for some reason. Launcher with WoD models was removed because of issues it had.

2. yeah i know so im trying to add the mods myself. the threads all say just put them in the data folder but doing that does nothing

3. Are you following some guide or doing it randomly? Perhaps they're named incorrectly or something.
    Make sure you're following the same guide, if you grabbed 10 random files from 10 random guides I can't see it going well..
    Edited: January 26, 2021

4. ok got it to work by only applying the models patch, not the combo pack with a bunch of other mods

Are you following some guide or doing it randomly? Perhaps they're named incorrectly or something.
    Make sure you're following the same guide, if you grabbed 10 random files from 10 random guides I can't see it going well..
    it was from one guide that consolidated multiple mods that is posted here on the forums

5. it was from one guide that consolidated multiple mods that is posted here on the forums
    You should ask for help from the forum thread you got them from. There're more people knowing about patching models there.