1. When to use HERO

Is there a list of the proper times to use hero during raids?

This is my list. I am entirely not sure if it is correct. feel free to comment if you know better or different fights.
    TOC 10/25
    1. after icehowl hits the wall
    2. during health leach phase of anub

ICC 10/25
    1After marrowgar's first bonestorm or at 30%
    2DBS at 30%

RS 10/25
    1 At start of bath mini-boss or right after first repelling wave.
    2 I always mess this up....I think it is supposed to pop right at end of phase 2 but I am not really sure.

2. Is there a list of the proper times to use hero during raids?
    Minor changes may occur depending on Raid Leader's discretion (PUG/Guild).

ToC 10/25
    1. The Northrend Beasts: Acidmaw & Dreadscale - On start.
    2. Faction champions - On pull.
    3. Anub'arak - When boss reaches 30%.

ICC 10/25
    1. Lord Marrowgar* - Pull, or when all DPS are in place.
    2. Lady Deathwhisper's - After the shield is broken.
    3. Deathbringer Saurfang* - On pull, or on 30%, depending on raid itself.
    4. Rotface* - On pull.
    5. Festergut - Optional, on pull. Only on low DPS raids.
    6. Professor Putricide* - 3rd phase.
    7. Blood Prince Council - Optional, when Prince Taldaram has Invocation of Blood (Darkfallen Orb, aka the DPS target).
    8. Blood Queen Lana'thel* - Usually after 1st air phase. You'll have plenty of bites. 2nd option would be after 2nd air phase, but that's higher risk.
    9. Valithria Dreamwalker* - When healers have been to portals 4-5 times, or wait till they call for Heroism/Blood lust.
    10. Sindragosa - Last phase.
    11. The Lich King - On pull, and again when you know you can DPS LK for good time, if it's being slow to kill.

*Prioritized boss to use Heroism / Blood lust for N/HC PUG runs in mind.

RS 10/25
    1. Baltharus the Warborn* - Pull, or after 1st repelling wave, seen it done both ways.
    2. Saviana Ragefire - Optional, on pull.
    3. Halion* - When all are inside for phase 2, or when phase 3 starts. Seen it done both phase, personally prefer phase 2, when all are inside. This way entering phase 3 start won't sway far from 50-50%. As melees with Heroism/Blood lust will be pulling DPS while ranged DPS's are running around and applying debuffs and DoT's.

*Prioritized boss to use Heroism / Blood lust for N PUG runs in mind.
    Edited: February 1, 2021 Reason: Priorities; BPC;DBS given proper name

3. Minor changes may occur depending on Raid Leader's discretion (PUG/Guild).

ToC 10/25
    1. The Northrend Beasts: Acidmaw & Dreadscale - On start.
    2. Faction champions - On pull.
    3. Anub'arak - When boss reaches 30%.

ICC 10/25
    1. Lord Marrowgar - Pull, or when all DPS are in place.
    2. Lady Deathwhisper's - After the shield is broken.
    3. DBS - On pull, or on 30%, depending on raid itself.
    4. Rotface - On pull.
    5. Festergut - Optional, on pull. Only on low DPS raids.
    6. Professor Putricide - 3rd phase.
    7. Blood Prince Council - When Prince Taldaram has Invocation of Blood (Darkfallen Orb, aka the DPS target).
    8. Blood Queen Lana'thel - Usually after 1st air phase. You'll have plenty of bites. 2nd option would be after 2nd air phase, but that's higher risk.
    9. Valithria Dreamwalker - When healers have been to portals 4-5 times, or wait till they call for Heroism/Blood lust.
    10. Sindragosa - Last phase.
    11. The Lich King - On pull, and again when you know you can DPS LK for good time, if it's being slow to kill.

RS 10/25
    1. Baltharus the Warborn - Pull, or after 1st repelling wave, seen it done both ways.
    2. Saviana Ragefire - Optional, on pull.
    3. Halion - When all are inside for phase 2, or when phase 3 starts. Seen it done both phase, personally prefer phase 2, when all are inside. This way entering phase 3 start won't sway far from 50-50%. As melees with Heroism/Blood lust will be pulling DPS while ranged DPS's are running around and applying debuffs and DoT's.
    Keep in mind that if you hero on Marrowgar you won't have it for lady. Same goes for BPC and BQL. If lady is going to be on heroic, skip the hero on marrowgar. Also the heroism in phase 2 on halion is only done on normal.

Just ask the raid leader if he wants hero before you pull the boss.

4. Keep in mind that if you hero on Marrowgar you won't have it for lady. Same goes for BPC and BQL. If lady is going to be on heroic, skip the hero on marrowgar. Also the heroism in phase 2 on halion is only done on normal.

Just ask the raid leader if he wants hero before you pull the boss.
    True. The list is more or less using slower PUG raid as an example, as it's posted here on forum, not guild discord. Gotta edit BPC to be optional.

5. Best possible time to use Hero, BL in PVP is :

During preparation time just before BG starts.

Why you may ask?

Because you want to check if your button is still working, imean you don't want to find outn in the middle of the fight that you can't pop BL... oh right.

in PVE :

I would say right away when someone tries to preach/educate you when to pop it. Just blow it in their face. PUG life my dudes ;)