1. Why are Pug Raids GS requirements stupidly high? - Lordaeron

I sincerely don't understand why people ask for INSANE amounts of GS to make some raids in PUG. Today I got refused by several raid groups because of my GS and we are not talking about ICC. Maybe for that raid, as it is buffed up, I can understand why people do require a higher gear (I did the first three bosses and Lord Marrowgar HITS HARD), but it's not possible that with 5k GS (So basically every piece of my gear is either 231 or 245 item level, beside unfortunately my trinkets which are 200/219) I can't even get into a Toc or an Ulduar, who drop the same item level if not worst.

Even to get in VOA it's a nightmare, people asking for 5.7K GS (like WTF?!?!) just for a stupid *** boss. How am I supposed to gear up after I bought all of my triumph stuff? I have to sit forever farming 2 EOF a day until I can't get 4 pieces of my class set and some other stuff? Again, I can understand if I can't go to an ICC, that's fine, but the fact that people are being *****y even for some raids like Ulduar or Toc (which btw I already DID and always link the ****ing achiev to r-leaders) I can't get accepted into raids.

This is a serious issue that people need to understand is creating a toxic environment. I have seen loads of people with High GS but no brain basically, not be able to avoid the most easy mechanichs (AKA charge from first boss in Toc) or do ****ty dps with the gear they have, but then when people that actually know what they are doing just don't have the gear 'cause they can't raid they get basically discriminated. I really feel like it's some new way of racism, just another way to judge you from your 'appereance' and not for your skill.

I mean sure guild runs can be a solution but if you want to go and do some pugs 'cause the guild is not organizing anything that specific day/moment you want to raid it's not possible that pug raids are so demanding by just doing some "technically" old content raids.

2. Unfortunately the realm is becoming increasingly like Icecrown, with everyone way overgeared, so even for normal pug runs, you are required to have the high end gear. That is the situation and for the past 10 years of wotlk private servers, when the realm is progressed to the point of everyone just being able to farm bosses and getting so much gear, gearscore requirements get inflated. No way to change that.

There are some things you can do which will ease up your raiding:
    - Join a guild that is progressing normal mode. Joining a guild on Lordaeorn is a must for any kind of raiding, pugging on the realm has always been very hard. While in a guild, you might not get a raid spot asap, but people need to understand that perserverence and patience get you a long way.

- Wait for Tuesday. Its the last day before reset so gear requirements are a bit more lax, since people just want to get as much eof before another week begins.

- Buy BOE items and 1-2 PvP items. They are usually quite cheap and are ilvl 264.

Thats about as much tips as I can give you, these are the most usual things that pay off. Otherwise, I understand that for a new player, that gap between ending your fos/pos farm+eot gear and trying to get into ICC sucks, but it's been the case on pretty much every wotlk server with ICC released when you start playing. Sooner or later you will get some luck and get into an ICC and get a couple of dops and few achievments, then you'll be set to raid. Just keep in mind it doesnt happen instantly.

3. The current problem Lordaeron seems to be experiencing is that a lot of the "good" players quit or just got disinterested... and the new joiners typically underestimate the content or have little idea about the game, and thus, if you still want to actually clear the content, I guess you ask for some more gear.

That being said, what t4d3y said is also something you need to keep in mind... farm some gold (after the gold squish), buy all the boes you can (pants, boots, chest, wrist, for example, plus ICC boe items)

After that... there's little to do but to farm rhc daily for a few weeks to get eof/t10 items, again prioritize items you will be wearing for longer (eof cloak and belt are literally best in slot for you as a tank, as well as Pillars of Might from blacksmithing, after that, as tank you prio t10 gloves/chest. Gearing a tank on Lordaeron is almost all about the armor to mitigate heavy boss hits)

4. Are you talking about alliance? because almost every toc25 or voa25 I see on horde asking for ~5k-5.2k gs while I even saw severals asking for 4.8k.
    Litteraly saw a 3 boss ICC25 yesterday asking for 5k gs, and tbh, if you know the tactics you can make some of those 3 bosses run on your own for early ICC gear.

but while it's not hard to get ~5.5k on a character by pugging, any higher than that is abit harder without having a guild.