1. [Icecrown] vs [Frostmourne] for new players

Hello,

I've tried to search for a post with similar question but I couldn't find any which would answer my questions.

As a returning player after several years of not playing WoW I've started to play on Frostmourne about a week ago, hit my level 80, but now I am thinking whether I shouldn't have rather rolled for Icecrown. The thing is that since the population there is lower than on Icecrown the looking for other people for dungeons take a lot of time and even though the Frostmourne is a seasonal realm, I've unfortunately started to play at a time when it's in its last phase (Sanctum Ruby). From what I can see in the global chat everyone is just tryharding the current content and it was kinda hard for me to find some people like me (fresh leveled).

So, could please someone tell me, who has experience with both realms, compare them and which is more friendly towards new players? Whether I should just stay on Frostmourne and wait for reset/wait for reset and the characters transfer to Icecrown and continue there/start on Icecrown right away? I know that in peaks you've got to wait in queue for Icecrown, but I can survive that (or donate to skip the queue).

Thanks for all the answers and insights.

2. Neither realm is particularly "friendly" to new realms, but Icecrown is significantly more active. Frostmourne is essentially dead. There is only 1 guild on Horde that is still raiding ICC HC content at a high level, and as far as I know, 0 Alliance guilds are farming Light of Dawn on Frostmourne anymore (though I could be wrong).

If you're looking to start doing heroics and gearing up ASAP (instead of waiting for Frostmourne to transfer to Icecrown) you're far better off going to Icecrown immediately. Frostmourne, as I said, is "dead" in the sense that the vast majority of players who have played in the last year are now inactive. Dungeon finder can take hours if you're queueing as a DPS, and nobody is raiding anything except ICC and ToC. The PUG requirements for TOC are a bit ridiculous (many ask for 5k+ gear score, which is very very difficult to achieve without purchasing BoE epic gear, as gear from ToC 10 and Heroics will only get you to about 4700 (excluding EOF 264 gear, which has a high emblem cost)).

3. Yes, thanks for the info, you just confirmed what I was thinking.