1. They are strategically waiting for people to stop playing on this server, then they are going to release ICC store, that's how you earn lots of money...
    Population is already cut off to 5k online, it takes 10 minutes to find RBG's or RDF's, by the time they merge it to Icecrown there will be 2 characters online.

2. They are strategically waiting for people to stop playing on this server, then they are going to release ICC store, that's how you earn lots of money...
    Population is already cut off to 5k online, it takes 10 minutes to find RBG's or RDF's, by the time they merge it to Icecrown there will be 2 characters online.
    I don't know of anyone who quits the game and comes back anytime there is a store release. Using your logic, you'd want to sell items when there is still a population on the server. And your assumption that the playerbase population is going to drastically fall the way you say it will is also false. If they didn't have a merge, perhaps. Vut with the possibility of being able to continue your character on icecrown, people will play to.the very end of the cycle. As many as started out? Absolutely not. But you cqn bet there will be a healthy amount of raiding going on until the end.

The only thing that is preventing them from dropping store items at the moment is A: only moderators read the forum and no one on the actual staff, and B: forgetfulness. They are very inconsistent, and have been slower on store releases since the end of Ulduar.

3. I don't know of anyone who quits the game and comes back anytime there is a store release. Using your logic, you'd want to sell items when there is still a population on the server. And your assumption that the playerbase population is going to drastically fall the way you say it will is also false. If they didn't have a merge, perhaps. Vut with the possibility of being able to continue your character on icecrown, people will play to.the very end of the cycle. As many as started out? Absolutely not. But you cqn bet there will be a healthy amount of raiding going on until the end.

The only thing that is preventing them from dropping store items at the moment is A: only moderators read the forum and no one on the actual staff, and B: forgetfulness. They are very inconsistent, and have been slower on store releases since the end of Ulduar.
    Who is the actual Staff for you?

Forum Moderators and Gamemasters are all part of the Staff with access to Developers and other Server Management through their group leaders. Aldtharios for Gamemasters, Proterean for Community managers and me for Forum Moderators.

GMs receive and pass the information through tickets and Moderators through forum posts. Store items are dropped when we decide to add them. Mods and GMs cannot decide that, but they will inform.

4. Who is the actual Staff for you?

Forum Moderators and Gamemasters are all part of the Staff with access to Developers and other Server Management through their group leaders. Aldtharios for Gamemasters, Proterean for Community managers and me for Forum Moderators.

GMs receive and pass the information through tickets and Moderators through forum posts. Store items are dropped when we decide to add them. Mods and GMs cannot decide that, but they will inform.
    can we know the eta becouse i looked everywhere and nothing I just think it would be nice to know and have some kind of information on store item i know you guys have lots going on by making game work good for us and i appreciate what every single of warmane staff does is not easy and thank you all for your hard work an time you are appreciated at least from me i cant speak for rest of community

5. Who is the actual Staff for you?

Thank you for the transparency. That goes a long way.

Honestly, at the end of the day these forum posts are all just a call for more transparency. It would be great to have an eta on such things like shop updates, but I can understand why there may be reluctance to do reveal such information as it might inadvertently affect player behavior.

6. The store will be updated when our system detects that enough items have been dropped, meaning we want to reduce the "pay to win" feel that many people want to brand on us. Paraphrasing a deleted post:

So your assuming warmane is more concerned with your progression through the content than making money?
    Precisely. We welcome all donations and we are thankful for them, but we aren't desperate to the point of messing the community. In other words, there is no ETA for that. People should keep playing to make it happen. :)

7. Awesome! Thanks for the update. Any plans to add additional cosmetic-type items to frostmourne before reset, such as unobtainable tier 3 sets?

8. there is not a single 264 ilvl item in the store although many items from first 4 ICC 25 bosses have already dropped multiple times

9. there is not a single 264 ilvl item in the store although many items from first 4 ICC 25 bosses have already dropped multiple times
    Items from LK 10 have been in the store for weeks, not even single 264ilvl from first bosses added yet.

Active playerbase also dropped so the shop algorithm might not account to that. Meaning its technically possible that every guild will have full BIS but still not enough items dropped to warrant shop update.

10. Items from LK 10 have been in the store for weeks, not even single 264ilvl from first bosses added yet.

Active playerbase also dropped so the shop algorithm might not account to that. Meaning its technically possible that every guild will have full BIS but still not enough items dropped to warrant shop update.
    This has been a concern of mine as well in the past, that the algorithm does not take these changes of player population into consideration. We had ICC10 items in the store roughly 1-2weeks from release, but it took considerably more time for toc10 and 25 items to drop in the store. I know of a few guilds who have disbanded after clearing LK 25, either normal or heroic, which also messes with algorithms as these guilds no longer clear content.

11. so the argument here is that items that are not available for every player atm should be on the store to change that? sounds pretty much like the opposite of what a mmorpg should work like lmfao. people that clear more content have access to better itmes and therefore outperform others thats just how it is supposed to work.
    But i agree on the loottables of bosses like festergut and vdw feel ****ed, not droping some items at all for me on multiple chars since release, especially the str/arp ones. Wingbosses felt pretty much allright though.

12. don't put words in anyone's mouth

my point was that 'The store will be updated when our system detects that enough items have been dropped' statement is not entirely true, items from ToC like Death's Choice were added to store pretty quickly, and here when another content was released (RS) not a single ilvl 264 item is present in the store - and I've pretty much seen the same items drop every id reset on multiple bosses

`
    Originally Posted by Proterean
    The marketplace will work in a way so it detects automatically how many items were obtained in the game. After the marketplace detects that the item has been obtained enough times (e.g 10-15 times) it will be added automatically to the marketplace.

There's thresholds for different items. More important items require higher amounts of obtaining in the game. This is how the marketplace works. PvE guilds that raid will always have better gear. This is how our marketplaces always worked, it is simply that we have not had a similar realm in ages.
    `

10-15 might be an example of course but still the point is: NOT a single item from ICC 25 is in the store.

You might want to not do it yourself. She never said it's something automatic, because it isn't. Additions are made manually, and as has happened before (and as I've said before) often are made in batches, not for every single individual item the moment it dropped enough times.

The fact remains that the store on Frostmourne should be seen as a last resort, not the go-to like it feels like some people see it as.
    quoting Proterean seemed like it's happening automatically but ok I'm not going to argue about that
    Edited: February 17, 2021

13. don't put words in anyone's mouth

my point was that 'The store will be updated when our system detects that enough items have been dropped' statement is not entirely true
    You might want to not do it yourself. She never said it's something automatic, because it isn't. Additions are made manually, and as has happened before (and as I've said before) often are made in batches, not for every single individual item the moment it dropped enough times.

The fact remains that the store on Frostmourne should be seen as a last resort, not the go-to like it feels like some people see it as.

14. While I agree with you that it should be seen as a last resort, the server only has 2 months left. Lets be real, in 2 months everyone here will have access to ICC25 HC loot on the store. For ppl to stay interested it would probably help a lot of guilds down boss 7-12 (95% of pugs downs 6 bosses) if at least the loot from boss 1-6 (First 4 and Val + Rotface) came to the store. Not because that is a pay to win, but because there are a lot of items that just never drops. I dont know if that is just bad luck or the loot tables are scuffed, I didnt script the server so whatever I say is just speculation. Since the first week I have seen 1 DBW and 1 DFO drop.

15. I dont know if that is just bad luck or the loot tables are scuffed, I didnt script the server so whatever I say is just speculation. Since the first week I have seen 1 DBW and 1 DFO drop.
    As far as Moderators are aware, drop rates are identical to the ones in Icecrown and Lordaeron.

First 1234 ... Last