1. As far as Moderators are aware, drop rates are identical to the ones in Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    Fair point and I dont doubt thats correct. I guess the point Im trying to make is, at least personally, I want to keep playing until the merge. To get the most fun out of the server before getting merged to a server where I can buy ilvl 277/284 for coins day one, personally, I feel like it would be a nice boost to the server if items from farmed bosses were released to assist me and others getting 12/12 before the merge.

2. You get a 5% buff each week that already helps assist you and others get 12/12 before merge. And it sounds like they will release items, just not on your timeline.

Part of the issue with releasing items too early is you see a player dropoff. It effectively shortens farming periods. Personally, I'm hoping they don't release 277+ items on the store prior to merge so that we can get maximum gameplay out of the content we have left. I would love 264 items for sure, as like many others, I've yet to see even the normal counterparts to the heroic gear drop on certain pieces I need, even doing 2 full clears of 10 and 25 icc each week. I'm not fussed if they take a bit more time though.

3. You get a 5% buff each week that already helps assist you and others get 12/12 before merge. And it sounds like they will release items, just not on your timeline.

Part of the issue with releasing items too early is you see a player dropoff. It effectively shortens farming periods. Personally, I'm hoping they don't release 277+ items on the store prior to merge so that we can get maximum gameplay out of the content we have left. I would love 264 items for sure, as like many others, I've yet to see even the normal counterparts to the heroic gear drop on certain pieces I need, even doing 2 full clears of 10 and 25 icc each week. I'm not fussed if they take a bit more time though.
    Player dropoff already happened. Right now there is no reason to play on Frostmourne outside of raiding in high end guilds.

You can't compete in BGs against players from other servers who had 5+ years to gear up and have bis items in store. Soloq and 3v3 don't exist.

You can't PUG hardmode raids without full buff.

I doubt adding items to the store will cause players to quit, it should cause more players to return. Like what happened in the past.

Adding them too late might not change anything, it will be smarter to wait until the merge and buy them 20-30% cheaper on Icecrown.

4. Player dropoff already happened. Right now there is no reason to play on Frostmourne outside of raiding in high end guilds.

You can't compete in BGs against players from other servers who had 5+ years to gear up and have bis items in store. Soloq and 3v3 don't exist.

You can't PUG hardmode raids without full buff.

I doubt adding items to the store will cause players to quit, it should cause more players to return. Like what happened in the past.

Adding them too late might not change anything, it will be smarter to wait until the merge and buy them 20-30% cheaper on Icecrown.
    I don't want to speak for the intentionality of the creators of Frostmourne, but considering the buffed content and twice a week lockouts, I think we could safely assume that the vision of the server was for hard core raiding progression.

PvP at the moment is noy without it's own issues for sure, a topic I won't go in-depth on as I don't actively PvP. But I agree with your sentiment of it being difficult to compete with players who have full store access and 5+ years of gearing up.

5. don't put words in anyone's mouth

my point was that 'The store will be updated when our system detects that enough items have been dropped' statement is not entirely true, items from ToC like Death's Choice were added to store pretty quickly, and here when another content was released (RS) not a single ilvl 264 item is present in the store - and I've pretty much seen the same items drop every id reset on multiple bosses

`
    Originally Posted by Proterean
    The marketplace will work in a way so it detects automatically how many items were obtained in the game. After the marketplace detects that the item has been obtained enough times (e.g 10-15 times) it will be added automatically to the marketplace.

There's thresholds for different items. More important items require higher amounts of obtaining in the game. This is how the marketplace works. PvE guilds that raid will always have better gear. This is how our marketplaces always worked, it is simply that we have not had a similar realm in ages.
    `

10-15 might be an example of course but still the point is: NOT a single item from ICC 25 is in the store.

quoting Proterean seemed like it's happening automatically but ok I'm not going to argue about that

There is another issue with current content.

12/12 ICC clear drops 36 items + weekly quest item.

RS drops 3 bis items.

Full ToC drops 15 items.

Previously it took around 2 months to upgrade shop with bis gear.

On current content players are getting new items 2.6 times faster and there isn't even a single 264ilvl item in the store after more than 1 and half month.

While a specific item might have not dropped enough times, more interchangeable items dropped for that slot, than on last content patch.

6. There is another issue with current content.

12/12 ICC clear drops 36 items + weekly quest item.

RS drops 3 bis items.

Full ToC drops 15 items.

Previously it took around 2 months to upgrade shop with bis gear.

On current content players are getting new items 2.6 times faster and there isn't even a single 264ilvl item in the store after more than 1 and half month.

While a specific item might have not dropped enough times, more interchangeable items dropped for that slot, than on last content patch.
    because thats not how it works. They add items only when they feel like it.

7. My gear 5.4k maximum honor points, play pvp, no chance for drinking Dislogdes, gladiator stab with 857 cm and resistance, 🤔 have to wait another 5 weeks then finally ice crown .. And in the bg at eye level. But it also works like this, get everything out of the character in the fight

8. because thats not how it works. They add items only when they feel like it.
    They stated

The store will be updated when our system detects that enough items have been dropped, meaning we want to reduce the "pay to win" feel that many people want to brand on us. Paraphrasing a deleted post:

I am just pointing out the potential flaws in this system.

It may not account for population drop, it may not account for how many different items new instances drop compared to previous content patch, or how many BIS items players cant get per week.

Top guilds are already disenchanting half of the 271item level items for few weeks.

9. I don't know honestly how the shop is managed but what i know is that in 5 weeks we'll all be moved to Icecrown and i don't think it would be worth to purchase anything at all the more they delay it. I'd rather save coins and buy 277 gear than drop all of them in 264 pieces 2 weeks prior the transfer.

10. Honestly this "drop system" is pure horse****, icc10 first 4 boss items were released like on the same day the raid itself was open. Meanwhile we've been farming 4/12 25 with pugs for two months now. And anyone with a guild fullclears 25nm plus some heroics.

11. Honestly this "drop system" is pure horse****, icc10 first 4 boss items were released like on the same day the raid itself was open. Meanwhile we've been farming 4/12 25 with pugs for two months now. And anyone with a guild fullclears 25nm plus some heroics.
    I totally agree. It’s pure non sense.

12. Honestly this "drop system" is pure horse****, icc10 first 4 boss items were released like on the same day the raid itself was open.
    I do find their store updates to be wildly inconsistent. I pointed this same thing out in ToC.

13. I do find their store updates to be wildly inconsistent. I pointed this same thing out in ToC.
    I guess they are waiting for the 30% buff in to weeks to kick in before releasing the rest of the gear but it wouldn't make much sense considering the server is coming to an end and is already way less active than it used to be!

14. I guess they are waiting for the 30% buff in to weeks to kick in before releasing the rest of the gear but it wouldn't make much sense considering the server is coming to an end and is already way less active than it used to be!
    Their system most likely doesn't account for the population drop or for the fact ICC25 + RS25 drop 78 items per guild every week (compared to ToC 30-36items). Some players are very close to shadowmourne too. Clearing 12/12 ICC for 8 resets is theoretically enough for each raid member to get 12 271-284 items.

We are 49 days from the merge, 47 days since LK realm first and 23 days since RS launch.

All ToC gear was released 56 days after ToC RF release despite ToC only dropping 30-36 items per week.

The longer they wait the less players will come back to play before the merge imo.

15. Their system most likely doesn't account for the population drop or for the fact ICC25 + RS25 drop 78 items per guild every week (compared to ToC 30-36items). Some players are very close to shadowmourne too. Clearing 12/12 ICC for 8 resets is theoretically enough for each raid member to get 12 271-284 items.

We are 49 days from the merge, 47 days since LK realm first and 23 days since RS launch.

All ToC gear was released 56 days after ToC RF release despite ToC only dropping 30-36 items per week.

The longer they wait the less players will come back to play before the merge imo.
    I don't honestly know how they make their calculation but i underline what I have stated above: it doesn't make any sense to me, at least from a marketing perspective. Hunger marketing does not apply effectively to a dying server and to be honest as much as i enjoy playing on the server i don't see myself dropping a dime 2 weeks prior to merge.

First 12345 ... Last