1. Shadowlands, a big success?

Hello everyone, I am a big wotlk expansion fan and seeing Shadowlands lore, I thought to give it a try and I wanted to ask for other players opinions on it.

It started with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSnOAumlB8
    Picking up from where Arthas died. There is so much that makes sense now with the Jailer being introduced and understanding how the Helm of Domination was made and who made Frostmourne and why they were made. A lot of unanswered questions were clarified and tbh I cannot wait to see where this story goes, it doesnt feel pushed but captivating and for a lore enthusiast , this is gold !
    Tell me what you think!

2. I follow the story and I watch the youtube videos, but no way I would buy shadowlands...

And I thought the consensus, at least from reading their forums, is that it's the worst xpac ever

3. Its a good expansion and yes its very similar to WOTLK. For first 3 months everyone loved and was probably most fun retail expansion release since Wotlk. RIght now is slowing down and lots of people are kinda waiting for next tier. I am in that boat as well. The story is pretty good, zones are very unique with tons puzzles, hidden mounts and other world activities. They fix a lot of previous problems such as reducing a lot of rng when it comest to gearing. There is PVP gear vendors back in the game and gear upgrade base of you arena rating. PvP is super bursty and its so similar to WOTLK, but its also very fun. I think last time we have such a fast-paced PVP was in Cataclysm and its so refreshing to have it back. Covenants are very very well done and the way they tell the story is pretty good. There wa some problems with the raid, it was not that great scripted and some early bosses are way harder then last bosses. Overall raiding is better then usual first tier raids. If they do good job with next tiers and release new cool **** SL could be top 3 expansion imo. Before that for me top 3 was TBC, WOTLK and Legion, but SL is way better then Legion hands down.

Also about the story as someone who main paladin since 2008 and love the class, i will say they have made Uther a complete *****. As a bastion paladin i was hoping we will do some cool **** with him, but nope. He is a bad guy and run around whining for almost the whole covenant story till we finally convince him not to be a baddy. Its really disappointing.
    Edited: February 4, 2021

4. I'm enjoying it thus far, don't pay any attention to the lore tho. only zone i haven't enjoyed is the maw, that place is annoying as a solo player.

5. Also about the story as someone who main paladin since 2008 and love the class, i will say they have made Uther a complete *****. As a bastion paladin i was hoping we will do some cool **** with him, but nope. He is a bad guy and run around whining for almost the whole covenant story till we finally convince him not to be a baddy. Its really disappointing.
    I only watched a couple of videos that talked about the lore in SL, but wasn't the reason why Uther was depicted as a bad guy the fact that his soul got split into two, and that the righteous side of him went to the SL, seeking vengeance for what Arthas did, while the compassionate side got sucked into Frostmourne and hadn't united with Uther's other part yet?

timestamp: 3:39

6. I only watched a couple of videos that talked about the lore in SL, but wasn't the reason why Uther was depicted as a bad guy the fact that his soul got split into two, and that the righteous side of him went to the SL, seeking vengeance for what Arthas did, while the compassionate side got sucked into Frostmourne and hadn't united with Uther's other part yet?
    His soul is wounded, but there is nothing about spliting his soul to good/bad in the game. Also he turns back to a good guy at the end of Kyrian campain. This video is just a memory you unlock around chapter 4 of how he and Devos start the Bastion revolution.

What happen is Devos and Lysonia turn into Forsworn which is dark kyrians and Uther just follow them like a puppy. Devos pretty much want revolution in Bastion, to overthrow the Archon (leader of kyrians) and pretty much is starting a civil war in bastion (the zone of the blue people). They destroy the alter that help Kyrian accend, it give blue people wings. ( you spends most of the complain trying to repait that alter btw, so tnx Uther you dick). After that Devos try to kill the Archon in Spires of Ascension (thats a dungeon), but we come and kill Devos instead. So now with Devos dead Uther start folling around Lysonia. They **** **** up for a while, then go to The Maw for a while ( Jailer teritory btw but somehow Uther still cant understand they are the bad guys.), and later on Lysonia say she want to absorb Uther soul. Uther is COMPLETE SHOCKED by this revelation and finally start asking himself " are we the bad guys?". So he switch sides and help us kill Lysandra, they go to the Archon and literally say "I had no idea we are the bad guys, sorry ". The Archon say its all good and then some big blue guy called Thenios volunteers to take Uther to rehab. Everyone agrees and both of them fly away to try and fix Uther mental problems. And thats last time we saw him ingame

Overall Uther so far have been a moron and its really underwhelming and sad to see what they did with such a iconic character.

7. I agree with you guys, I have a lot of fun and looking forward to 9.1 !!!
    People are saying that they dont want to pay monthly for playtime but its so easy to farm some gold and pay with wow tokens. Anyways, I haven`t been so excited about a lore since lord of the rings haha.
    I`m curious if the Jailer is actually the big villain or maybe somebody else? I wait to see what happened with the Arbiter, maybe Helya caused it to fall asleep? I wait to meet Arthas in the Maw to kick his *** again!!! I wanna see a proper cat fight between Sylvanas and Tyrande! Kel'Thuzad and his third fall will be delicious!

8. I follow the story and I watch the youtube videos, but no way I would buy shadowlands...

And I thought the consensus, at least from reading their forums, is that it's the worst xpac ever
    Is it worse than Cataclysm and Orclords of Orcnor? Jezz...

9. Is it worse than Cataclysm and Orclords of Orcnor? Jezz...
    Are you giving us LEGION, BFA or SHADOWLANDS soon ?

10. And I thought the consensus, at least from reading their forums, is that it's the worst xpac ever
    Ahh yes, the screaming voiced of the minority really represents the community right?

Shadowlands is brilliant. Not quite Wrath/Cata/MOP tier. But you know It's bloody great. Personally I put it above Legion, BFA and WOD.

No real grinds. Anima is mostly just for your own personal use, not player power. Reps aren't a huge thing. Callings are more than a simple "do 4 quests in this zone" ****. Torghast is super nice to do. Decent amount of content. PvP vendors are back.

If you hear anyone say this is the worst expansion ever, they are either delusional, don't actually play the game or didn't play WOD/BFA.

11. Ahh yes, the screaming voiced of the minority really represents the community right?

Shadowlands is brilliant. Not quite Wrath/Cata/MOP tier. But you know It's bloody great. Personally I put it above Legion, BFA and WOD.

No real grinds. Anima is mostly just for your own personal use, not player power. Reps aren't a huge thing. Callings are more than a simple "do 4 quests in this zone" ****. Torghast is super nice to do. Decent amount of content. PvP vendors are back.

If you hear anyone say this is the worst expansion ever, they are either delusional, don't actually play the game or didn't play WOD/BFA.
    Maybe the problem is how it was hyped, "a return to the roots of wow". I expected it to be like mop or, at least, cata; I thought they would get rid of the f̶a̶c̶e̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ mission table, world quests, artefact power, war mode, etc. But from the things I've seen it looks like bfa 2.0 or at least legion 2.0. And I hated legion.

And the concept of torghast reminds of greater rifts, which triggers some kind of ptsd in me.

12. Maybe the problem is how it was hyped, "a return to the roots of wow". I expected it to be like mop or, at least, cata; I thought they would get rid of the f̶a̶c̶e̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ mission table, world quests, artefact power, war mode, etc. But from the things I've seen it looks like bfa 2.0 or at least legion 2.0. And I hated legion.

And the concept of torghast reminds of greater rifts, which triggers some kind of ptsd in me.
    I think its more acurate to say the problem is you are talking about expansion you dont play, so you have no actual knowledge about it.

Also Torghast is nothing like Greater rifts, no clue how you come to that conclusion.
    Edited: February 8, 2021

13. People who don`t play it and read 1-2 negative things, are the first to shout "IT SUCKS".
    It doesn`t.
    Its bloody brilliant and follows the Lich King story which we all love so much. The story has so much potential to grow and also to offer closure which every good story, needs. Game keeps you hooked and not for the wrong reasons, they don`t make you play the game in order not to fall behind, as another guy said above, anima is for personal use mostly, you are not rushed into doing dailies either. What I absolutely love is the loot system, I am so tired of /roll for loot and losing your bis items to some offspec guy and don`t get me started with "go raid with guilds". Sorry but I`m not gonna fill in an interview describing ancient tactics so that a power thirsty "officer" can feel important rejecting it because your rotation isnt exactly 101% his rotation.. "WhAt MaDe yOu ChOoSe OUR guIlD?!?!?" = kek
    You can`t argue with this, the loot system is absolutely brilliant.
    All in all, you have the total freedom to play however you desire and for those who love the lore, its gets even better! A lot of positive reactions + the fact that Blizzard released Vanilla servers maybe tells us that they actually started listening to the people? xD

14. Oh yeah the lore is looking so great. They are not going to redeem Sylvanas at all

15. Dead aren't even dead anymore, meh. I like the old warcraft better.

123 ... Last