1. MUST READ FOR ALL PVPers :D

Can we get more PvPers in game read this please? :D

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=392570

Any chance any GM can make it a copy-paste link to appear to anybody entering BG? :D

This should REALLY be MUST READ before you are EVER allowed to queue AV, IoC or any BG actually.

I mean how do people just stupidly do nothing in AV is just mindblowing :D

AVs on Ally are definitely worst experience as a Solo Player of any Class :D

I even have a Macro specifically for AVs and IoCs :

"LF Special Opps forces to come with us. We kill Miniboss then grab Towers 1 by 1 till their base. We dodge middle fight by going on right side of map."

"Grab Docks > Protect Glaives > Grab Quarry + Rafinerry for extra siege %dmg!"

Just copy-paste that **** into /bg all game and pray to gods people read English :D

40man BGs suck so much as Solo guy :D unless you get a lucky group when people actually THINK :)

2. AVs on Ally are definitely worst experience as a Solo Player of any Class :D
    Find this hard to believe seeing how many premades I as Horde healer have to go up against on a daily basis but 40 mans can be win or lose depends on bow things play out I mean Horde always zerg mid in IoC and its usually 2 or 3 people destroying glaive throwers while like 6-10 people defend the base or they zerg hangar. AV is always go mid for Horde if we fail mid to pus the alliance back at mid most consider it a lose game leave or just afk rest the game.

3. AVs on Ally are definitely worst experience as a Solo Player of any Class :D
    Find this hard to believe seeing how many premades I as Horde healer have to go up against on a daily basis but 40 mans can be win or lose depends on bow things play out I mean Horde always zerg mid in IoC and its usually 2 or 3 people destroying glaive throwers while like 6-10 people defend the base or they zerg hangar. AV is always go mid for Horde if we fail mid to pus the alliance back at mid most consider it a lose game leave or just afk rest the game.

4. Find this hard to believe seeing how many premades I as Horde healer have to go up against on a daily basis but 40 mans can be win or lose depends on bow things play out I mean Horde always zerg mid in IoC and its usually 2 or 3 people destroying glaive throwers while like 6-10 people defend the base or they zerg hangar. AV is always go mid for Horde if we fail mid to pus the alliance back at mid most consider it a lose game leave or just afk rest the game.
    idk what you are smoking but horde wins 9/10 AVs

5. idk what you are smoking but horde wins 9/10 AVs
    Horde wins 9/10 AV from an Alliance player's perspective because 9/10 times he ends up fighting a Horde premade. However, from the perspective of a Horde player who does not queue with a AV premade, his chances of getting into AV with the Horde premade could be quite low depending on the size of the premade. From my experience, in an AV where neither side is premade, the outcome is mostly a toss-up.

6. That's why you don't bother with AV and IoC, other BGs might be still playable. Granted, I don't bother with Warmane at all for at least half a year at this point.

Overall, Warmane BGs went to **** a long time ago, they kept getting worse and worse as time went by for solo/small premades (1-2 people), and now it's finally at the point where BGS are everything but fun to play.
    Now, this is both Warmanes fault and "PvP Cumuniti" fault.

Warmanes fault because it kept catering to low geared people and spreading already thin PvP community to brackets which makes those in high bracket to have way more chance to get with premades because let's be honest, premades are 99% of the time full BiS. It was managable before with 2 brackets (0-~3k gs and 3k+ bracket), but now it's just cancer.

"PvP Cumuniti" fault because it's the PvP Guilds that normalized braindead GY farming with 10-20 man premades, now you're not a PvP guild if you aren't doing that. Thus the reality is that queueing for AV/IoC (which is what they do the most) is just pointless, the BGs themselves are cancer and they just doubled the cancer.

Now you have a choice:
    1) Suffer in RBG and keep getting IoC/AV constantly vs premades (and even when PM is on your side, they play like trash and just GY farm which gets boring after exactly 5 minutes)
    2) Queue specific EotS/WSG/AB during weekdays and get 0 bonus honor
    3) Queue specific EotS/WSG/AB during weekend when they're CTA and don't queue for bgs outside of that
    4) Sell all your BiS chars > get max 5,5-ish char and actually maybe have fun again.
    5) Just quit this game that for some reason keeps constantly devolving the older it is, and play something actually good.
    Edited: February 18, 2021

7. "PvP Cumuniti" fault because it's the PvP Guilds that normalized braindead GY farming with 10-20 man premades
    I don't know what you expect people to do instead when they dominate a battleground to the point where the other team gets pushed to the graveyard. Lay down their weapons?

Also brackets were a bad idea. I don't know how the new "dynamic" system works but in the previous one the lower bracket was dominated by twinks, which was even more unfair than the higher bracket because there there usually are bis people in both sides.

Raising the price of faction change was also a bad idea, I think that's the point where everything with bgs got worse.

8. Horde wins 9/10 AV from an Alliance player's perspective because 9/10 times he ends up fighting a Horde premade. However, from the perspective of a Horde player who does not queue with a AV premade, his chances of getting into AV with the Horde premade could be quite low depending on the size of the premade. From my experience, in an AV where neither side is premade, the outcome is mostly a toss-up.
    I solo queued AV exlusively as horde for about 2 months and lost maybe once or twice a day when I was playing for over 6 hours a day of AV.

9. I solo queued AV exlusively as horde for about 2 months and lost maybe once or twice a day when I was playing for over 6 hours a day of AV.
    My guess is since you queued for AV exclusively, perhaps one or more of the following were true:
    a) Horde was running premades for AV while you were in queue.
    b) Many geared Horde players (individually or in small groups) were doing the same as you while you were in queue.
    c) You did this as a lower bracket twink before the introduction of the dynamic brackets.

As an Alliance player who only gets placed on Horde teams as a Mercenary, what you described does not mirror my experience. However, my data points are sparse and the circumstances are different. I mostly queue for Random Battlegrounds (and never specifically for AV), and I spend a bit of time on lower GS alts that sometimes end up playing with Frostmourne players.

If cebolenkosi's GS is not above 5.6k, then there is a decent chance for her to end up in one of the middle gear brackets. Games in the middle brackets are typically much more balanced compared to those in the top bracket. This is because there are not as many premades in the middle brackets and the introduction of dynamic brackets has made bracket-twinking far less effective.

10. My guess is since you queued for AV exclusively, perhaps one or more of the following were true:
    a) Horde was running premades for AV while you were in queue.
    b) Many geared Horde players (individually or in small groups) were doing the same as you while you were in queue.
    c) You did this as a lower bracket twink before the introduction of the dynamic brackets.

As an Alliance player who only gets placed on Horde teams as a Mercenary, what you described does not mirror my experience. However, my data points are sparse and the circumstances are different. I mostly queue for Random Battlegrounds (and never specifically for AV), and I spend a bit of time on lower GS alts that sometimes end up playing with Frostmourne players.

If cebolenkosi's GS is not above 5.6k, then there is a decent chance for her to end up in one of the middle gear brackets. Games in the middle brackets are typically much more balanced compared to those in the top bracket. This is because there are not as many premades in the middle brackets and the introduction of dynamic brackets has made bracket-twinking far less effective.
    Yes horde were running premades for 2 months straight ever day xd?
    No all my toons are bis or near bis.

11. Yes horde were running premades for 2 months straight ever day xd?
    Unironically, yes. This is time zone dependent of course.

12. If cebolenkosi's GS is not above 5.6k, then there is a decent chance for her to end up in one of the middle gear brackets. Games in the middle brackets are typically much more balanced compared to those in the top bracket. This is because there are not as many premades in the middle brackets and the introduction of dynamic brackets has made bracket-twinking far less effective.
    I'm 6kgs on my disc priest and resto shaman as someone who plays exclusively healers in PvP and those SM players really hit hard bad enough if you 2-3 of them on you practical dead in in 5-10 seconds even with CD's and cc's but AV can be quite fun on rare occasions I usually defend and retake towers in the back but honestly I have to agree with Evangelion BG's on Warmane are not what I would consider "fun" you either go up against a BiS premades with 3 healers who just endlessly GY farm to the point the other team just stops ressing so they can just end the game faster and this is had a trinkle down effect where other players see this as the norm that if they go up against a badly geared team they should GY farm them as well.

13. Yup. I have proposed a solution to this problem. They can make it impossible for parties with more than 3 members to queue into Random Battlegrounds, and only allow larger sized elements to queue for specific battlegrounds. They should also separate the queue lines between Random Battlegrounds and Specific Battlegrounds. This will prevent players who queue for Random Battlegrounds to face premades where they will stand little chance. They should also make Mercenary Mode mandatory for Random Battlegrounds and scramble up the team rosters. This will improve balance and the quality of life for most players who can care less about farming Honorable Kills.

14. I don't know what you expect people to do instead when they dominate a battleground to the point where the other team gets pushed to the graveyard. Lay down their weapons?
    Well, obviously nobody expects them to stop playing. I was referring to the AVs where people just sit on first alliance GY and camp for 50 minutes without trying to burn towers and end the damn thing.

If you slaughter enemy team so fast, you can easily win the BG in the next 5-10 minutes.

15. Yup. I have proposed a solution to this problem. They can make it impossible for parties with more than 3 members to queue into Random Battlegrounds, and only allow larger sized elements to queue for specific battlegrounds. They should also separate the queue lines between Random Battlegrounds and Specific Battlegrounds. This will prevent players who queue for Random Battlegrounds to face premades where they will stand little chance. They should also make Mercenary Mode mandatory for Random Battlegrounds and scramble up the team rosters. This will improve balance and the quality of life for most players who can care less about farming Honorable Kills.
    The solution to this is far easier and less complicated than making brackets or tinker around the queue requirements:

Remove Blackrock from the crossrealm pool.

At this point, I don't even know why they are in the same queue pool as the other realms. 99% of BG's are decided by which faction has the most blackrock players, which is almost always, the losing side. I personally instantly leave when I open the scoreboard and I see that I'm the only Icecrown player on Alliance side, not going to waste 20 or 50 minutes of my life being graveyard camped to end up earning 720 miserable stinky honor points. I'd unironically make more points by killing levelers in borean tundra in about the same time.

On a side note, I think this needs to be addressed as soon as possible. The difference between horde and alliance players is that horde players open 1000 forum posts crying about the imbalance on bg's, how unfair is that Lordaeroneers are paired up with icecrowners, that they lose a lot bla bla.... While we alliance players, simply quit playing.

The mercenary mode ended up being icecrown pvp guilds with mercenary mode on vs blackrock noobs.

123 Last