1. Re-implement Ilevel Max Cap to Lower BG Brackets

During the Frostmourne's progression BGs were segregated by gear by average Ilevel with a maximum Ilevel cap (as far as I could tell). You could not, for example, enter Frostmourne's Ulduar queues with Shadowmourne or other 284 weapons just because you tanked your average Ilevel below the threshold. As far as I could tell during Ulduar you could not equip anything above 245 (Val'anyr). This worked very well in conjunction with an average.

However, the newest implementation of segregated queues no longer looks at the maximum Ilevel of your character, it only seems to operate on average Ilevel. As a result in the lowest bracket I'm seeing this person (http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary) just dominate fresh 80s all day in the queue. I do think that twinking these queues is interesting and has sparked a lot of renewed interest in the game for me personally, but this is just lame. This isn't just being just a bit better itemized or a few ilevels better than the best geared Frostmourne players. This is just lame. This isn't fun. This isn't a new and interesting way to min-max the game at a certain limitation. This is just having insanely out-scaled weapons against mostly fresh 80s, or characters in T9/S6.

I think a maximum Ilevel cap (at a minimum on weapons since they scale damage the most, especially for physical damage classes) for the lower two brackets will help a lot to keep the brackets feel more balanced. Perhaps a 239 or 245 max for the lowest, and a 258 or 264 cap for the middle bracket.
    Edited: February 23, 2021

2. The bracket system considers what is inside the bag and bank as well. I have heard of a way to get around it, but I have not tested it. If this exploit actually works, Warmane needs to fix it.

3. I'm calling both of you bull****ters.

Here is my proof:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Not a single guy above 4.6 the hole day yesterday. Keep trying to revive bs topics.
    Edited: March 8, 2021

4. I will not share it here for obvious reasons. But if the staff PM me I will be more than happy to tell them everything I know about the matter. Also, what you have presented here hardly qualifies as proof. All you have done is to show that it is a rare occurrence, and you would be right about that.

5. If you think I am lying, present the evidence and argue your case.

6. Well, it's not like you are presenting any evidence yourself.

If you want to report an exploit you can do so using the bug tracker; bug reports that are marked as exploits when submitted are not visible for the rest of users.

7. Well, it's not like you are presenting any evidence yourself.

If you want to report an exploit you can do so using the bug tracker; bug reports that are marked as exploits when submitted are not visible for the rest of users.
    Maybe you don't see it, but Keymouse8800's argument was inherently flawed. What he presented was not a proof at all.

As far as evidence goes, there really isn't much in this context. The OP is the one who might be in possession of the actual evidence. If I come across this myself, you bet I would record it and gather as much evidence as I can and file a ticket somewhere.

8. That's the tactic, 5 people bait "discussions", creating illusion that it's some sort of problem, premades, brackets, whatever. Then staff starts to think some "solutions". Like anti ninja stuff was, I bet if someone extracted names/ips who were saying "literally unplayable ninjas" - could count them on hands.

9. That's not bad as far as conspiracy theory goes, but it really has nothing to do with what this thread is about. The OP noticed something that should have been impossible under the current bracket system. It's more likely that it is either a fluke (low bracket getting bumped up to high bracket to fill slots), or someone using an exploit. And if it is the latter, somebody should look into it. There is nothing crazy or revolutionary here, and I don't even think the thread's proposal will have any effect because something that is functionally the same is already in place.

10. I assume the quoted player is simply a twink who tried getting more and more gear to see how much he can push it until he is shoved into the next bracket.

My experience with the (old) bracket system was terrible since it was dominated by twinks and later by Frostmourne players (I think it was during the Ulduar tier). Similar to getting into a level 10-19 bg as a non-twink. I assume all the lower bracket bgs are as miserable as that.

11. I assume the quoted player is simply a twink who tried getting more and more gear to see how much he can push it until he is shoved into the next bracket.

My experience with the (old) bracket system was terrible since it was dominated by twinks and later by Frostmourne players (I think it was during the Ulduar tier).
    The first piece of BiS equipment (ilvl 277 and above) should've caused that player to get bumped up to the highest gear bracket 100% of the time. As someone who has twinked during the gearing process, I have to agree. The old bracket system was incredibly easy to abuse and was completely dominated by twinks, but I was under the impression that the new dynamic bracket system has mostly eliminated this problem.

12. That's the tactic, 5 people bait "discussions", creating illusion that it's some sort of problem, premades, brackets, whatever. Then staff starts to think some "solutions". Like anti ninja stuff was, I bet if someone extracted names/ips who were saying "literally unplayable ninjas" - could count them on hands.
    Quit with that bull****, seriously. I doubt you even believe that, you've been here long enough to know better, but you will eventually be treated as indeed trying to convince people of it. We have GMs watching the game, we have all the reports players send, we have ways to extract metrics. No decision to introduce some radical change has ever been made based on one or two threads. I know you love to bring up our ninja policies because you believe "it's part of the game," that "people like that do exist," but people disagree. People play games for entertainment, not for some sort of social experiment mimicking real life down to the worst parts of it/of the people in it.

The first piece of BiS equipment (ilvl 277 and above) should've caused that player to get bumped up to the highest gear bracket 100% of the time.
    This isn't me hinting at something I know - I don't - nor that some example is working as intended, but do keep in mind systems like that could be being tweaked all the time. That's in fact even part of the devlog entry, that the system would be under watch and liable to be fine-tuned.