1. Someone there in a class that uses leather as their actual top armor would likely report you and take precedence. It's the whole reason Mercy made her point #3, she wasn't talking out of her ***.
    By saying those things i really didn't mean to offend anyone or something and sorry if it was gotten like this. In the previous server I played (it was TBC but rules should be the same), if something was on somebody's BIS list, he could need for it without being considered ninja and that's what I'm used to. If here it's not the same, I accept the correction and will have it in mind when rolling. I do dislike ninjing cause it's the main reason I don't have Shadowmourne atm but to me ninja is when you loot something you can't use, is not upgrade for you or is reserved (if no master loot is set) OR be a master looter and give non-reserved items to a specific person if he didn't win them. Again, to me, it wouldn't be ninja (ye you may say you are warrior that's why you say so but i'm being honestly objective, again, imo) if a warrior rolls and wins for example aldriana's gloves in a pug raid even if he rolls with leather wearers because the item is BIS for him (fury I mean) and he will have it as a great upgrade, it won't be ninja and if i'm a leader and a warrior wins them, he will have them. It will be ninja if he rolls for a leather item which is not BIS tho, if he gets it. But, if rules in Icecrown are different than my opinion, I'd be happy to know so cause I don't want to be unable to play for 2 months persuading my BIS list, not knowing this is considered ninja :)
    Edited: February 25, 2021

2. This is a thread about Dungeons, not Raids.

3. Isn't the manner the same tho, a ninja is ninja everywhere, you can run a dungeon with master looter too. OK maybe I'm taking this to unnecessary place, was answering about your previous comment. No dungeon contains BIS items so ye, I agree for there it's ninja all the way then. :)

4. Stealing items is the same, but the way it happens isn't. On a Raid you have a leader who lists the loot rules and that's what will be used. Those are what count, if the raid rules say mages get all plate and two-handed drops, that's what the loot will be like, you join knowing and accepting it. Our ninja rules for raids are regarding ensuring those stated loot rules are followed.

5. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=432971

@Mercy, I do agree with you and this is a great guideline every leader should know. BUT one thing I disagree with:

I'd say that Always, always, ALWAYS try to need what gives you the best upgrade, even in pugs. That said, someone who doesn't have a good guild, wouldn't ever be BiS. Apart from what I described in the topic i copied at the beginning, I have a few more stories that leaders refused me stuff, even called me ninja for needing in a pug:
    Toskk's Maximised Wristguards on fury warrior;
    Aldriana's gloves on fury warrior;
    Sanguine silk robes on dudu (resto).

That said, "because for example, some leather items are good for a Warrior, even though they can wear plate armor.
    " means like downgrading stuff for one class just because it can wear higher armor armor type ignoring the mentioned 3 items are BiS for the mentioned toons. :)
    That's the thing, though. Not everyone knows all that information, including raid leaders, or butthurt people in the raid. There are even people in the raid that are fully aware that the GM's knowledge of all this information isn't perfect and will use it as a weapon to get people banned when they get butthurt over nothings. I don't disagree that loot shouldn't be handled like I explained, but that's not the point of the explanation. The point is to outline a set of guidelines that one should follow to ensure they are engaging in SAFE gameplay that won't get them BANNED.

6. Absolute majority of players learned these implicit rules through the gaming process, not the other way, that's the most 'natural' and fun way. Just ask other players about that stuff, in-game community is, for the most part, friendly and responsive. But as in irl, there are some *******s.

7. Whether by mistake or not, someone who had won the item had it effectively stolen, and that's what got the leader banned.

It might sound reality-shattering, but if you cross a red light by mistake because you weren't looking, you'll still get the same ticket as if you did it on purpose. The moral of the story? Pay attention to what you're doing when mistakes can have consequences.

Or, of course, you can keep on babbling about "banning without checking," because that suits your narrative.

8. I understand that this is something that mods / gms come down on very strongly. and i completely agree to it. or **** raid leaders will ruin the game for others. But if posting 1 random example makes it as a bannable offence.. let me know please so that i add to the things i have to avoid.
    You're accusing our Staff of handing out erroneous bans. You're right, I don't take it lightly, and yes, I will hand out a ban if you make such accusations without anything to back it up. It becomes just spreading misinformation, intentionally or not, and I don't need people using you as example when they try to get community support to "contest" rightful bans or to make them believe our GMs don't check evidence they are sent.

9. Was it you that we encountered the other day?

I was playing with 2 of friends. One is experienced(pally, tank). The other is fairly new (shammy, healer).

The dungeon was (relatively) high lvl for us and we were having some issues keeping the tank alive. We were only able to pull small groups. In the middle of the dungeon we wiped and 2 players left, and 2 new players joined (hunter rogue).

From there it was a bumpy journey but we made it to the last boss.

Anyway last boss dies, drops a shaman healing piece(stam intellect mp5). My friend, the shaman, hits need. The other hunter, needs. The other rogue, also needs. I(hunter) see this and wanting to make sure my friend gets the gear, also hit "need".

By RNG the rogue wins the item, rogue then trades it to the other hunter when I asked him to pass it to the shaman.

"duo"

"haha"

Hunter said. (those exact words)

I simply said, (also exact words)"well imagine being banned for blue item" then left.

Took some screenshots and filed a report. My friend was not mad but he was unhappy. We could only play the game for a hour or two because of work so we just ended it on a bad note.

Next day I logged on, they told me they have resolved the issue through negotiation so I cancelled my report.

---------------------------------------------------

Also through out the run, damage chart looked like this:
    #1 me(hunter) 37%
    #2 pally(tank) 28%
    #3 other hunter 17%
    #4 rogue 15%

I didn't say anything because we were pushing forward and that's what matters. My friends didn't even notice until I brought it up afterwards. Throughout the dungeon we were on discord, we didn't say a single word to the other 2 people in chat. ( it's not like we were harassing them or anything).

---------------------------------------------------

The reason I suspect it was OP that I had encountered is because in my story the item in question also had 9 stamina(like he mentioned) https://legacy-wotlk.com/?item=10765
    Edited: March 6, 2021

First 12