1. Is Enchanting a decent second profession for a Paladin?

Specifically a BE Paladin that will be Prot Main and Ret Off?

Since BE has +10 Enchanting as a Racial, I feel like it'd be wasteful not to utilize it. I'm starting with Mining and JC, and once I hit 450 JC and no longer need Mining for my mats (I.E can get my gems from emblems and honor points), and once I've built up enough mats to give to my Shaman for 450 Engineering (unless Engineering is bad for a Resto/Ele Shaman), I will drop Mining and replace it with Enchanting, using the 30 Stam enchants for my Prot rings to make up for losing Toughness, with the 40AP enchants going on my Ret rings.

Is this a good profession combo for a BE Prot/Ret pally, going Enchanting/JC?

2. +10 profession racials are useless at level 80.

3. Specifically a BE Paladin that will be Prot Main and Ret Off?

Since BE has +10 Enchanting as a Racial, I feel like it'd be wasteful not to utilize it. I'm starting with Mining and JC, and once I hit 450 JC and no longer need Mining for my mats (I.E can get my gems from emblems and honor points), and once I've built up enough mats to give to my Shaman for 450 Engineering (unless Engineering is bad for a Resto/Ele Shaman), I will drop Mining and replace it with Enchanting, using the 30 Stam enchants for my Prot rings to make up for losing Toughness, with the 40AP enchants going on my Ret rings.

Is this a good profession combo for a BE Prot/Ret pally, going Enchanting/JC?
    JC + engi .
    Better pull , beter positioning nitro boots .
    Head enchant giving HP
    belt use enchant to help aoe agrro
    agi back enchant giving critt and armor (agrro and defense ) ;
    800 armor hand if need or haste , yes haste use enchant helping stack seal faster = easier hold agrro ;

4. JC + engi .
    Better pull , beter positioning nitro boots .
    Head enchant giving HP
    belt use enchant to help aoe agrro
    agi back enchant giving critt and armor (agrro and defense ) ;
    800 armor hand if need or haste , yes haste use enchant helping stack seal faster = easier hold agrro ;
    I didn't think to go Engineering as a Pally, that seems more like a Warriors profession for the grenades to help their AoE threat. I guess I could do that, just put aside a bunch of mats as I level so that, when I do hit 450JC and start getting any future mats I need through emblems, I can get 450 Engi pretty quick.

Still, it feels strange picking a race with a racial bonus to a specific gathering/crafting profession and not using it.

Also, I don't see an Engineering enchant that gives HP to a helmet, or belt AoE damage. Nor one that gives a shield to a belt for that matter. And I thought those were WotLK. The only two belt enchants I see are the ones that confuses mechanical enemies, and the one that lets you throw a grenade every 6 minutes.

Show me the specific enchants you're talking about (head HP, belt AoE aggro) and I'll consider it.
    Edited: February 27, 2021

5. I went for blacksmithing on my warrior as I get 2 more gems for stamina. Not sure if someone finds this useful but hey it works + mining for that extra 60+ stamina.

So in total you get 120 stamina for free.

6. I went for blacksmithing on my warrior as I get 2 more gems for stamina. Not sure if someone finds this useful but hey it works + mining for that extra 60+ stamina.

So in total you get 120 stamina for free.
    I actually get just a little more than that as a JC. With three Solid Dragons Eyes I get an extra 63 Stamina over the normal Solid Majestic Zircons. Combined with Mining that's 123 Stamina. But I can also retain that 60 Stamina as an Enchanter via ring enchants, plus apply something else to my offspec, in this case 40 AP ring enchants.

So as a Tank, with JC/Enchanting, I get an extra 123 Stamina via ring enchants and Solid Dragon's Eyes, and as a DPS I get an extra 42 Strength and 80 AP via Bold Dragon's Eyes and ring enchants. And I can literally make my own gems and enchants on demand, and provide them for guildies too.

Seems pretty good.

7. Engineering gives 885 armor, which is the real deal, relying on engi to maintain any kind of aggro is not a real thing and about nitro boost, its nice to have but not necessary especially for paladin who talents into Pursuit of Justice.

8. If you want it to be as useful as possible for tanking, then JC+Engi. Both these professions are top grade for DPS too and highly useful for pretty much any role.

If you want some gold making and stuff and you cant put that Enchanting on some priest alt or whatever, then sure, it will work. Not like this is some huge deal(but Engineering stuff is pretty game changing), it's not a "must" thing to worry so hard about. Don't expect to make big golds with enchanting or your guildies to sweat on how to meet you and get enchants, when easier is to just tap it on AH(probably cheaper than reagent price) and gg.

I think good rule is "everyone takes care of their stuff and all the stuff is taken care of", things like "my guildies will need gems and enchants" should not factor in any way into your decision.

9. Can I at least stack the 800 armor with other enchants? Generally my go-to glove enchant is Armsman, which is 2% more threat and +10 Parry. I've always sworn by that as a tank. I used to run Pursuit of Justice, but with Tuskarr's Vitality I've since swapped those points for Vindication.

I don't see any enchanter head enchants that give HP or any belt enchants that deal AoE damage on hit. IIRC, those are in Cataclysm, not Wrath.

But I guess the other thing I didn't consider as an Engineer are the injectors. Health/Mana Injectors are 25% stronger as an Engineer, so I'd have a stronger healing potion in emergency situations.

So what do I go for then, the 885 armor on gloves, the frag belt, the agility/parachute on cloak, the nitro boosts, and stock up on injectors?

10. Engineer gives mind control head enchant, that one gives passive stamina too

Saronite bombs are pretty cool when you have no keys to press. Not sure of they even give some threat or scale with threat multipliers. Cobalt Frag belt enchant is more of a PvP enchant I guess(shares CD with Saronite bombs(6mins iirc). Belt enchant is useless, good thing is that it's useble togeather with extra socket enchant.

Hand Armor enchant will not allow you to use Armsman, extra armor is way better deal since that treat enchant is useless.

Sure injectors are nice and can save in a pinch, not for tanks tough, better use Idestructible potion.

Greatest boon is Nitro Boosts, it even says "overpowered" in description man

Also things like Mailbox, repair, reagents, access to bank anywhere to swap those sets. Jumper cable knife is nice too, saved a lot of time in few instances.
    Edited: February 28, 2021

11. Engineer gives mind control head enchant, that one gives passive stamina too

Saronite bombs are pretty cool when you have no keys to press. Not sure of they even give some threat or scale with threat multipliers. Cobalt Frag belt enchant is more of a PvP enchant I guess(shares CD with Saronite bombs(6mins iirc). Belt enchant is useless, good thing is that it's useble togeather with extra socket enchant.

Hand Armor enchant will not allow you to use Armsman, extra armor is way better deal since that treat enchant is useless.

Sure injectors are nice and can save in a pinch, not for tanks tough, better use Idestructible potion.

Greatest boon is Nitro Boosts, it even says "overpowered" in description man

Also things like Mailbox, repair, reagents, access to bank anywhere to swap those sets. Jumper cable knife is nice too, saved a lot of time in few instances.
    Don't health/mana potions and the Indestructible potion have different cooldowns? I thought you could use both in a fight, not just one or the other. That's why I tend to stock up on Powerful Rejuvenations too.

Will the Nitro Boosts stack with another boot enchant like Tuskarr's Vitality?

Keep in mind also that each character I make I want to have unique professions so I can eventually cover everything. If I take Engineering on my Prot Pally, that's the only toon I make on Horde side that will have it.

My thought originally was to give Engineering to my Shaman if he was going to be Enhancement spec, but now I'm thinking it'd be better used on a Hunter, to make their own ammo, scopes, etc, and have bombs and that rocket punch for added damage.

Prot/Ret Pally: JC/Enchanting
    Ele/Resto Shammy: LW/Alchemy
    BM Hunter: Engi/BS

That's what I'm leaning towards right now. I have time to decide though. I'll look at some theorycrafting and numbers and then decide if Engineering is something I really want to pursue on my Tank.
    Edited: February 28, 2021

12. Anything thats is "potion" of any kind can be used once per combat, they all share CD. Includes profession specific potions too(injector, crazy alchemist, neverending). (Pre-pot indestructible)

No you can have only 1 enchant. Tuskars will not stack with your movement increase from talent as far as I remember. There is no scenario where Tuskars would gain you anything, in a few seconds movement in limited boss arenas there is no way you gather up even 0.1sec. Just go for pure stamina enchant. Every single encounter is doable with no movement speed enchants or talents. Nitro Boosts are so amazing because its "get out of jail for free" card, it changes how you look at boss machanics. Even looking at it from damage perspective - you can keep hitting boss 3 secs longer before you have to spread or whatever, thats like "50k damage with 3min CD" button, and tanks have their own situations where it pays of immensely.

Cant comment of reasons like your own arrows or scopes. You can send them too. That's up to your tastes. I pretty much have all professions covered too(except gathering), but in a different way: All my chars have Engineering+some other prof, so that's what I recommend lmao.

13. Anything thats is "potion" of any kind can be used once per combat, they all share CD. Includes profession specific potions too(injector, crazy alchemist, neverending). (Pre-pot indestructible)

No you can have only 1 enchant. Tuskars will not stack with your movement increase from talent as far as I remember. There is no scenario where Tuskars would gain you anything, in a few seconds movement in limited boss arenas there is no way you gather up even 0.1sec. Just go for pure stamina enchant. Every single encounter is doable with no movement speed enchants or talents. Nitro Boosts are so amazing because its "get out of jail for free" card, it changes how you look at boss machanics. Even looking at it from damage perspective - you can keep hitting boss 3 secs longer before you have to spread or whatever, thats like "50k damage with 3min CD" button, and tanks have their own situations where it pays of immensely.

Cant comment of reasons like your own arrows or scopes. You can send them too. That's up to your tastes. I pretty much have all professions covered too(except gathering), but in a different way: All my chars have Engineering+some other prof, so that's what I recommend lmao.
    Yeah, you're dedicated lol. Is that because you really, really love Engineering, or because you've gotten so used to it you can't see yourself playing without it?

Because I was always led to believe that, while there's clear choices for Classic/TBC as far as professions go (LW almost a must in TBC for Drum rotation), in Wrath they're all pretty competitive with each other and there isn't one that just blows everything else out of the water.

I'm leaning towards just doing Enchanting/JC for my pally, but if I do take Engi, I'm thinking I'd drop JC instead, and would be Engi/Ench.

Also, regarding Tuskarr's Vitality, now I'm considering taking Pursuit of Justice again. I've been meaning to drop Divinity anyway.
    Edited: March 1, 2021

14. I didn't think to go Engineering as a Pally, that seems more like a Warriors profession for the grenades to help their AoE threat. I guess I could do that, just put aside a bunch of mats as I level so that, when I do hit 450JC and start getting any future mats I need through emblems, I can get 450 Engi pretty quick.

Still, it feels strange picking a race with a racial bonus to a specific gathering/crafting profession and not using it.

Also, I don't see an Engineering enchant that gives HP to a helmet, or belt AoE damage. Nor one that gives a shield to a belt for that matter. And I thought those were WotLK. The only two belt enchants I see are the ones that confuses mechanical enemies, and the one that lets you throw a grenade every 6 minutes.

Show me the specific enchants you're talking about (head HP, belt AoE aggro) and I'll consider it.
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...ification_Dish 45 stam ;

belt , my mistake . wrong understand it . Its just trow bomb .