1. The expansion's life cycle on retail included all the content hiatus where the current phase had been completed, but something new didn't come for months. It had nothing to do with essential amount of time for completion.
    That's not true and depends greatly on the particular patch. For example Ulduar was released on April 14 and became obsolete on August 4 when the Crusader Coliseum rolled out. I don't know how long it took for people to clear it on Frostmourne but back during the retail days the world first was made only on July 7, mere month before the Crusaders Coliseum - and that's a world first only! How many guilds were not even able to complete it once before the next content was released you can only guess. If anything Blizzard didn't even give people enough time to complete the phase at all, much less leave people with nothing to do like you say.

2. That's not true and depends greatly on the particular patch. For example Ulduar was released on April 14 and became obsolete on August 4 when the Crusader Coliseum rolled out. I don't know how long it took for people to clear it on Frostmourne but back during the retail days the world first was made only on July 7, mere month before the Crusaders Coliseum - and that's a world first only! How many guilds were not even able to complete it once before the next content was released you can only guess. If anything Blizzard didn't even give people enough time to complete the phase at all, much less leave people with nothing to do like you say.
    More fallacious pseudo-data. The very first line sets the whole trend it the way it begins with "false!... and depends."

You pick one single patch which comes the closest to maybe, perhaps, giving your claim some basis, and ignore all the others. You use a Realm First as some sort of line that must have been crossed way ahead of everyone else, when what you in fact see on WoW is generally dozens or hundreds of guilds struggling hard to take an edge and come out first, being quickly followed by a flood of other guilds. You then come with a completely worthless "you can only guess" trying to slipstream after the previous "argument" to make it sound like if only one guild was able to do it, for sure most must have never completed it in time, something that has no ground to stand on. Last and ultimately, you also ignore simple facts like Frostmourne's increased rates and over a decade of knowledge people have now, not needing to figure out how to complete stuff from scratch.

3. More fallacious pseudo-data. The very first line sets the whole trend it the way it begins with "false!... and depends."

You pick one single patch which comes the closest to maybe, perhaps, giving your claim some basis, and ignore all the others. You use a Realm First as some sort of line that must have been crossed way ahead of everyone else, when what you in fact see on WoW is generally dozens or hundreds of guilds struggling hard to take an edge and come out first, being quickly followed by a flood of other guilds. You then come with a completely worthless "you can only guess" trying to slipstream after the previous "argument" to make it sound like if only one guild was able to do it, for sure most must have never completed it in time, something that has no ground to stand on. Last and ultimately, you also ignore simple facts like Frostmourne's increased rates and over a decade of knowledge people have now, not needing to figure out how to complete stuff from scratch.
    And then we have you - nitpicking examples provided by others, while at the same time spitting out unfounded claims that Blizzard patch lifespans are overextended and not caring to provide ANY proofs and data whatsoever to back up your claims.

If what you're falsely claiming here is true and the original content lifespans were overly exaggerated, that logically should imply that Frostmournish shortened lifespans are actually more close to being "just right" since they must eliminate your so called "content hiatus" when you are left with "nothing to do". If that's the case though, why implementing double lockout reset in the first place? According to your claims Frostmourne lifespans should be just fine to comfortably progress through the expansion, there should be no need to tweak anything at all.

There were no hiatuses though, and you're simply spitting nonsense which you can't even back up with data. I doubt you even ever played on a retail while I did. So I will even help you a bit and say that the only thing that was remotely close to what you describe as a "content hiatus" occured only during 3.2 patch - because ToC/Onyxia were pretty short raids which people learned to complete pretty quickly. In 3.0 you have 3 raids including one long Naxx. In 3.1 you have super long Ulduar. While in 3.3 you have ICC and RS. If you really think 1 month is enough to complete ICC 10/25/10 HC/25 HC to the point when you can declare "alright, this phase is totally complete, i have literally nothing else to do now, oh my gosh!" you must be either trolling or living in delusions. Or maybe 1 month is too long for you as well? How about rolling out new raids every week?
    Edited: March 13, 2021

4. "Overextended," "overly exaggerated," "nothing to do."

If you ever make a real post that doesn't involve trying to put words in my mouth, maybe even address what I said (asking too much, I know, I know), I might read it to the end and reply to you again.

5. "Overextended," "overly exaggerated," "nothing to do."

If you ever make a real post that doesn't involve trying to put words in my mouth, maybe even address what I said (asking too much, I know, I know), I might read it to the end and reply to you again.
    The expansion's life cycle on retail included all the content hiatus where the current phase had been completed, but something new didn't come for months. It had nothing to do with essential amount of time for completion.
    - Here you are mister moderator the nitpicker. Do you recognize your own posts? I hope you do. So far you haven't presented any proofs or data of when that situation which you describe as "all the content hiatus where the current phase had been completed, but something new didn't come for months." actually happened. Please, do enlighten me on how exactly do you measure the "phase completion" metric and what are those exact amounts of time which you refer to as the "essential amount of time for completion", in hours please. And is it you who decides for the whole community what is the "essential time for completion" of a phase and how long should it be? Are you a game designer or something? Were you involved with the Blizzard when they were developing Wotlk? Because it looks like you know better than them and better than everyone else what should be the "essential amount of time for completion".

6. I hope that Warmane will consider changing the equal amount of time given to each raiding tier. The first tier of WOTLK is very mediocre, the second being Ulduar is one of the best content created by Blizzard and is WOTLK in its most effort rewarding state.

Unfortunately ToC difficulty vs. reward and low quality raiding content compared to Ulduar makes it a real bummer that it comes in so soon and gets equal time as Ulduar. I agree with what another poster said and highly recommend Raiding Tier 7 and 9 be shortened and Tier 8 and 10 be extended.

7. It would be appreciated if everyone could get a, somewhat of a heads up, as to when we can expect Frostmourne to reset.

8. For me best way to make people happy will be single reset in 7 days even without any bonus loot. if warmane think with this raids will be too hard they can dont buff all boss health 100% but like 70% and everything will be balanced :)

also will be nice if we have few days to get 80 lvl and some rhc items before naxx will be open
    Edited: March 16, 2021

9. It would be extremely disappointing to see double reset on the second season of Frostmourne, it's a very tedious experience having to raid 4 - 5 days a week. I've raided since the beginning of the server in Naxx all the way till the end of ICC RS, clearing all the content. While the double reset was fine in the beginning it quickly felt like a chore just to stay relevant for the current tier and for the next tier to come. I'm not entirely sure if I can agree with Obnoxious post about "Not everyone needs to be BiS" I believe it was something along those lines. While that statement might be true for the original content back when Wotlk was the current expansion, I don't believe it is for Warmane. Some of the bosses are VERY tightly tuned, requiring full BiS to pull lots of the numbers required for some fights.

10. I hope that Warmane will consider changing the equal amount of time given to each raiding tier. The first tier of WOTLK is very mediocre, the second being Ulduar is one of the best content created by Blizzard and is WOTLK in its most effort rewarding state.

Unfortunately ToC difficulty vs. reward and low quality raiding content compared to Ulduar makes it a real bummer that it comes in so soon and gets equal time as Ulduar. I agree with what another poster said and highly recommend Raiding Tier 7 and 9 be shortened and Tier 8 and 10 be extended.
    That's something people have said for a while, but how would more casual players be affected by that? Or people who want to go through the whole "progressive" part of the content? From what I understand of the complains, it isn't a matter that there's too much time on some and too little on others, but that people don't like some and want to farm others longer.

I'm not entirely sure if I can agree with Obnoxious post about "Not everyone needs to be BiS" I believe it was something along those lines. While that statement might be true for the original content back when Wotlk was the current expansion, I don't believe it is for Warmane. Some of the bosses are VERY tightly tuned, requiring full BiS to pull lots of the numbers required for some fights.
    Well, some of your peers have already disagreed with you on that, conceding that it would be doable without everyone being with the top of the top. It was where the concern for casuals was brought up, although that raises another thing: out of these casuals, how many completed the content as it is now and how many of those wouldn't be able to without the amount of gear coming from the double resets? Did they even make use of the double resets in the first place? It might be a case that most casuals didn't use it and/or didn't complete all Raids anyway.

Plus, if it became clear the tuning was too extreme and guilds who had completed it fine before were failing now, it could just be a matter of doing what a player said after you:
    For me best way to make people happy will be single reset in 7 days even without any bonus loot. if warmane think with this raids will be too hard they can dont buff all boss health 100% but like 70% and everything will be balanced :)

11. I was very enthusiastic when Frostmourne launched, because I had the oportunity to replay the moments I enjoyed the most, of a best of the best expansion this game can offer. The warmane experience is also the best outhere it can be among private servers, and I can thank you very much for that. and apreciate the work youre doing and the effort you put onto it.
    What atracted people was nostalgy on playing the game they enjoyed that much, the old ones who loved the content and the new friends recruited as new players to the game. Most people loved the oportunity to see a new WOTLK from scratch, progressing step by step. In practice, al that starting enthusiasm transformed into fire, burning old players that had to raid 5 days a week in order to be competitive as they want, since they played in the past and want to be the best. At the same time new players could not keep the pace with the others feeling left behid because of the speed they had to struggle to keep up in this marathon. Casual players, like people that have jobs and family, thing they didnt have when they played wotlk back in the old days cant aford to invest that much time for 2 resets a week, so they are left outside from the start.
    My guild disbanded after one and a half months of Ulduar launch, even tho we were doing great, people stop logging cause owerburning, officers wanted to stop leading all that fast pace content and raid schedgules, in the end is a game and we want to have fun, not take it like a commitment to raid 80% of the days of 1 year from 20 pm to 24 pm and have time for ourselves.
    I belive that the best way would be to make 1 reset a week, that way any player could play the game. The hardcore people can make alts and raid with them. Theres pve and pvp things to do ,and is nice to have time for both when playing a fresh server to enjoy its full potencial. Why not make it a 2year server reset instead of 1 ? Increasing loot drops wouldnt look good and putting problmes into it, its not a true experience, the fact is that Warmane is played by so many people because is the closest to the real deal as it can be, as wotlk was when it launched.

12. Plus, if it became clear the tuning was too extreme:
    IMO tuning contributed towards people getting exhausted with double reset - Warmane staff decided to buff some easy bosses with 80-100% more HP (Kologarn, Auriaya, some Naxx bosses) thus lengthening the already-too-long raids and to clear more bosses you HAD to do the raid twice within a week unless you were in top 5 guild. Even Hodir HM which is considered the easiest had crazy dps requirements since his health went up by 50% and to beat him you had to gear 25 people twice a week.

The same applies to ICC but we got a handy buff that somehow lowered the requirements.

As a not-so-hardcore player that cleared almost entire content with guild I would vote for single reset with some bonus loot (100% for 1 more item on 25?) OR single reset with lowered buffs.
    Bonus loot could also be applied progressively as the progression goes - like 1 more item on 25 per 2 weeks. Hardcore guilds wouldn't really notice and casual players would have their lives made easier.

13. I agree the health tuning on some bosses felt entirely unnecessary. I stopped raiding after clearing all of Ulduar HMs because my guild fell apart (thanks, double reset!) but even to that point, it was obvious some bosses had more health than was necessary. Auriaya is a good example, where the boss wasn't hard, but it was very tedious due to the sheer wall of health you had to burn through. Many of the Ulduar bosses had the same issue (Kologarn, Thorim, Hodir). Buffing boss health by 30-50% is fine, but many of these bosses had 100+% health buffs that served no purpose but to lengthen farm times, honestly. COmbine that with DOUBLE the required raiding per week, and it's easy to see why so many people burned out early on.

14. @Obnoxious:

1. Do you represent the Warmane staff with your statements? Or are these just your personal opinions? Your stance on this seems to be very set in stone and go heavily against what the community wants, if this is indeed how the Warmane staff views this, I know for a fact that all major guilds from Season 1 are not coming back for Season 2.

2. Your view on the game is very odd to me. You seem to think people want to minimize gameplay and maximize loot? That is far from reality - if people just wanted to maximize their loot, they would play on Icecrown and immediately benefit from FOS, POS, HOR; higher emblem tiers, BOEs and craftables available, etc.. Frostmourne is a buffed, seasonal server - people play here to experience the full WotLK expansion in a challenging way and play in a more competitive environment overall. They don't do it to get loot as fast as possible.

3. I don't understand what negative consequences you are worried about from increased loot. Could you go in detail about this? If you want to avoid people gearing up characters more easily before transferring to Icecrown, I have an easy fix for you: Have increased loot drops until T9, and regular loot in T10. That way you can keep the same 1-year lifecycle of the server wth a single ID system, without impacting Icecrown's coin shop economy in any negative way.
    If you are worried that the Frostmourne coin shop will make lower revenue, I can almost guarantee you that it won't. I can go into more detail about my reasons to believe this if you want.

Overall it would be nice to see a less aggressive and hostile attitude towards the community from you. You are probably just here to remove advertisements and don't actually hold power over what happens to the server, but you do still represent the Warmane server as part of the staff.

Cheers.
    Edited: March 17, 2021

First ... 23456 ... Last