1. Honestly, I'm fine with any of the options, and I'm pretty sure a semi-HC or just a casual player would agree.

If you find a cool guild, double reset allows you more flexibility for raiding, you can go when your schedule allows it and be pretty much BiS geared by the next patch rollout if you're somewhat consistent.

If they do one reset with normal loot, than it's going to be the same as Icecrown + the "difficulty", which again while it might slow down progress I don't see it deterring people who just came to enjoy the xpac all over again.

If they do one reset with +1-2 items dropping, I don't mind either. I don't think its going to make the Icecrown crowd all sore due to it being pretty similar to the double reset "advantage" FM had. On the argument it's still "bonus" loot, it's "bonus" difficulty as well.

Anyway, I assume Warmane's priority here is healthy pop, and if they have to sacrifice a dozen hardcore guilds to cater to the less sweaty playerbase in favor of numbers, they're probably going to do so.

2. I don't think I can suggest anything constructive, so don't take my post seriously. I'd like to say a few words regarding this topic.

I haven't played on FM since early February, but, honestly, I am probably one of the few people that enjoyed the double reset. When the Covid quarantine had just begun, I had a lot of free time to spare, which allowed me to experience what wotlk had to offer prior to ICC and RS. There wasn't BiS gear that could make the old instances a faceroll, the bosses themselves were buffed, so the seasonal experience was definitely a breath of fresh air. I wanted to kill some bosses on hard/heroic mode and not wait 7 days because of failed groups. Btw, this is something common in pug raids - on IC and Lorde if your group decides to disband on the 3rd or 4th boss due to stupid reasons, the feeling of not being able to finish the raid is devastating, and it's really annoying to wait a whole week before you are able to do the instance again. That's because the MOST INTERESTING ASPECT of the game becomes unaccessible (unless of course you decide to reform the raid, but that will take hours and it can still fail). So, the shorter lifespan of the ID is quite attractive in this context. Before someone brings it up, the answer is no - I avoid such unorganised groups and prefer to raid with a guild, but the aforementioned feature is beneficial even there. If your guild struggles to form a core roster, you would probably prefer to have two raids per week that end prematurely than one with the same progression and unmodified loot table. I mean, more people get to dress their characters that way.

In my personal opinion, for casual players the double reset is a big plus. Before someone tries to tell me that they don't have that much time to raid twice or four times a week, I can say the following - well, you don't have to. You aren't forced to play that often, and casual guilds exist in both factions. Not to mention, there's this thing called "ID extension" that allows you to delay the reset. So, e.g. you can play one hour on a workday and continue at the weekend. Point is, no one is forcing anyone to play more than they want. Your guild has the opportunity to set its own schedule that would be optimal for the majority of its participants.

Obnoxious also said it above - not being BiS isn't a problem, and that's absolutely true. I played wow seriously in the Ulduar and ToC patches, and I couldn't equip my toon with a full BiS list. Part of this was due to the fact that I had bad RNG, and, secondly, some of my guildies didn't care enough to learn from their mistakes and read tactics for the heroic bosses. That however didn't matter, because as soon as we entered the next patches, we obtained better gear from the dungeons (toc, fos, pos, hor) and the 10-man and 25-man normal instances. Personally for me, arguments concerning the loot are weak - your gear is going to be replaced in the next patch anyway, i.e. it's going to lose its value over time, and only the ICC and RS items matter (I guess, some TOGC ones too). Everything else revolves around the gameplay, and while a certain item may help someone pull off higher numbers than usual (like the healing trinket from Halion), the buff you get can't compensate poor performance - be it yours or your teammate's. I've played in some semi-hardcore guilds, and the success or failure of a certain boss depended on the presence or lack of a good coordination and individual performance. Having better items certainly helped, but someone not using their CCs or raid-supporting abilities played a much bigger role on the outcome of the fight.

This is all fine and dandy, but I must admit that this doesn't apply to hardcore guilds, since they don't have the problems I mentioned above. I can imagine how the players there became mentally exhausted and lost all of their will to play further. Let me stop here and mention something quickly - I don't really understand the achiever's mentality. Like, what satisfaction do they get to see their name or guild higher on the leaderboard? They don't get any ingame rewards if their guild is top 10. The arena seasons are a different thing - the winners there actually obtain real rewards, but in the pve scene I don't see anything special. If my memory serves me well, this was one of the issues <Invisus> mentioned in the past. As you understood, I am not an achiever, and I can't present their stance in my post. I still think that the double reset shouldn't be taken as a mandatory thing to follow. If, however, Frostmourne's second season does feature something resembling a pve tournament, then maybe a 5-day (as it was suggested above) or a normal weekly reset should be taken into consideration.

That's just my opinion. As an "explorer" I am going to skip the next season, since there isn't anything new for me to experience. I am only interested in new content, but Obnoxious said that any features that might make Frostmourne look like a custom server aren't going to be accepted, so there's that.

TLDR: Double reset isn't that bad, cuz it's not mandatory, and the loot can easily be replaced from the higher tier raids. If, however, there's a tournament that can motivate people to stay competitive, then maybe the devs should bring back the normal reset.
    Spoiler: Show
    Something about my past guildies:

There were people that quit wow due to suffering from burn-out or having responsibilities in real life (these reasons also apply to me), but the majority that quit were sick of the lack of content. People were discussing switching to Cata or Legion servers, many guildies went to retail, in order to enjoy the new expansion. So, in my honest opinion the double-reset fatigue pales in comparison to the one of the stale content. Ulduar, as fun it was, became boring at one point. Just imagine what it would be to extend FM's life span to 2 years, in order to enable a single weekly ID reset with an unmodified loot table. Rading one instance for 5-6 months would definitely become monotonous, and people will lose interest in staying. At least, in my opinon.

In my first paragraph, I mentioned the Covid pandemic. Yeah, it's true that FM's initial popularity was influenced by the worldwide quarantine. Since things are slowly going back to normal, then maybe the double reset might not be feasible anymore. I guess that's another thing for the warmane staff to consider, in case they are wondering how to set FM's 2nd season.

[edit] Suggestion: In order to make the raids more exciting for the hardcore guilds, you could maybe add bonus loot for speed runs and keep the weekly reset. This might turn FM into a custom server, so I am not going to insist that it's going to be accepted by everyone. Not to mention, there's a potential risk of exploiting this feature - certain raid comps are more optimal on some bosses, and I can imagine how people change their roster on every single fight. Still, just a suggestion.
    Edited: March 17, 2021

3. Suggestion - weekly reset for an actual raid, twice a week for a previous one and voa. + you can include all nm gear obtained from previous raid to the coin shop right on the start of a new one. Seems legit (for me)

4. Suggestion - weekly reset for an actual raid, twice a week for a previous one and voa. + you can include all nm gear obtained from previous raid to the coin shop right on the start of a new one. Seems legit (for me)
    This is actually a pretty fair idea. Perfect for catchup. VoA 2x a week is nice too for people with **** luck on tier slots and is a very quick raid.

5. Aside the suggestions and critics for the first Frostmourne season already posted and/or discussed here, did anyone have something else they'd want to voice on the subject?

6. Aside the suggestions and critics for the first Frostmourne season already posted and/or discussed here, did anyone have something else they'd want to voice on the subject?
    Like what? VVhat hasn't been discussed here, which you or the dev team want to hear?

7. Like what? VVhat hasn't been discussed here, which you or the dev team want to hear?
    That wasn't posted with anything in mind. I wasn't being coy, if I had a particular subject in mind I'd have asked it bluntly. It's just what it says on the label: asking if there was any other critic or suggestion about this first year of Frostmourne that hadn't come up but someone wanted to mention.

8. That wasn't posted with anything in mind. I wasn't being coy, if I had a particular subject in mind I'd have asked it bluntly. It's just what it says on the label: asking if there was any other critic or suggestion about this first year of Frostmourne that hadn't come up but someone wanted to mention.
    Somewhat good question. I'll throw a few bones of varying quality:
    - Faction Balance wasn't too bad but honestly I wish custom changes to balance the two factions (especially PvE) would become the standard for all servers.
    - Even though there's the idea of accelerated progression/compressing it on a year, I was somewhat surprised that Titansteel and Ebon/Spell/Moon Clothes did not feature their usual 20 hour CD to be crafted. IMO it deserved to remain, but it's ultimately whatever.
    - I'd prefer having a full changelist of how the Raids are buffed, but I feel like it's just the way Warmane does things.
    - Kind of a bold change but x7 is so fast that at some point I'd straight up take an instant 70 (or hell, instant 80), once again kinda controversial.

9. Somewhat good question. I'll throw a few bones of varying quality
    Err it's a bit late now. I was gathering suggestions and critics for Palutena to bring to an Admin meeting about the next Frostmourne cycle, but it happened a few hours ago. Still, I can comment on your observations nonetheless.

- Faction Balance wasn't too bad but honestly I wish custom changes to balance the two factions (especially PvE) would become the standard for all servers.
    That's not something we can do much about. Players will play the Faction they prefer and I don't think it's our place to try to make it otherwise, specially in a server with this progressive content nature. We most definitely won't do custom changes to "convince" people to play on a different Faction.

- Even though there's the idea of accelerated progression/compressing it on a year, I was somewhat surprised that Titansteel and Ebon/Spell/Moon Clothes did not feature their usual 20 hour CD to be crafted. IMO it deserved to remain, but it's ultimately whatever.
    Not much I can say about this one, as I'm not aware of the exact reasoning for that, but it's probably what you assume, that it was considered an unecesaryroadblock in progression when there's a limited amount of time.

- I'd prefer having a full changelist of how the Raids are buffed, but I feel like it's just the way Warmane does things.
    I believe it's seen as part of the challenge for players to figure out what exactly was buffed while playing, instead of going in already with expectations of what they should do to overcome them.

- Kind of a bold change but x7 is so fast that at some point I'd straight up take an instant 70 (or hell, instant 80), once again kinda controversial.
    Well, the counterpoint is that if it feels that fast that it would be such a minor difference to be straight at max level, there's no reason to remove that little bit of character progression, since it's already fast enough that you barely notice it. We've experimented with a list of different rates over the years, and x7 is the one we feel is best suited for a server of this nature. It's not too slow, but still takes some time and effort to get to 80.

10. could you at least say when we can expect official info about server? :) or which month will be new begining

11. could you at least say when we can expect official info about server? :) or which month will be new begining
    I'd expect that sort of announcement to come much closer to the closing of the current cycle. We still have like three weeks to go before the one year is over. I believe a short downtime between the current closing and the next one starting might happen, to implement any changes or updates and deal with all the transferring cleanly, but that's just my personal assumption.

What I can say is that what players have said in this and other threads was brought up by Palutena (burnout with double resets and alternatives for that, duration of each content tier, complains about cross-server PvP - and cross-server multiboxers in PvP - and others... yes, even stuff I completely disagree with, like free increased loot, was in the listing I passed and discussed with her...). She did tell me a number of them were received positively and will be further studied and discussed. No, I won't go into details about which of them.

12. This was great experience if i only had more time to play do to life/work to raid more but only thing i personaly dont like is cross faction and mercenary mode at least for frostmourne server when i was leveling it was so much fun and smooth quests for most part worked i loved it just on next round let the server be on its own without Icecrown/Blackrock in pvp and as for the 2 resets i can care less like i said above i dont have that much time for it

13. Aside the suggestions and critics for the first Frostmourne season already posted and/or discussed here, did anyone have something else they'd want to voice on the subject?
    Please, find a way to get rid of people AFKing in BGs. Maybe decreasing the number of reports necessary to "flag" him as AFK or reducing the number of seconds without a move.

Also, another TERRIBLE thing is the ammount of time an account takes to disconnect in a BG when they leave the game.
    I can't count how many times I whispered a guy that seemed to be AFK at the beggning of the BG, but he was actually just not in game anymore.
    The server takes sooooooo long (like 10 minutes) to actually kick him.

And sometimes the guy even manages to come back after that.

14. Neither of those has to do with anything specific to Frostmourne.

15. As a new player to not just wotlk but also wow, this was one of my greatest gaming experiences. Without even knowing I chose frostmourne when it was only 3 weeks in, i got to experience all of the amazing content, i killed KT, Anub, Halion and my proudest achievment - LK. I got my explorer title, leveled multiple characters, got the green proto drake and more. To some these things may seem small ,but they meant the world to me.
    Thank you, warnane, for one of the greatest times of my life, i will be here for frostmourne 2.0.

First ... 45678 ... Last