1. Just a few questions (the same that many people also asked) :
    - Will there be any form of gold squish for the transfered characters?
    - Is it planned to transfer the characters that have less then level 80?
    - Can we expect any form of bug during the transfer? (more like the ones that happened in the transfer of Outland chars to WOLTK realms)
    Gold will be halved. This is why Frostmourne was not part of the squish, it gets applied later on transfers to the realm.

More information is coming regarding the transfer in a couple of days. We have the news ready, we simply want to be completely sure the systems are operating.

No bugs or issues should appear, especially since both of the realms are on the same expansion.

As for double resets, please keep in mind, that we are planning a replacement mechanism for it. We do not plan for this replacement to be an organizational nightmare and should provide an interesting addition. Some players already know what we are planning as we have intentionally spoken about it in a few community chats.

2. Personally, I enjoy both aspects of the game, and I couldn't keep up with my work schedule and the double resets and pvp, so I had to choose one (dropped pvp). Going back to a reset a week will let me be able to stay competitive on one character for both pvp and pve, which I definitely welcome.

I'm sure there are people out there with way more time than me to play out there which were perfectly capable of doing so already, but you can always find some joy in having multiple characters, or perhaps explore PVP more, everyone knows that the ladder would benefit from more 3vs3 teams actually participating.

3. Two resets did have a downside, which you are dismissing. Sure, you can say "no one is forced to," but the server was built with competitiveness in mind, so there will be someone who uses both resets, which essentially forces anyone else who wants to stay in the competition to do the same, creating a snowball effect. That might not affect you, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't or wouldn't listen to the validity of the complain.

Still, instead of overreacting when you don't even know what we have planned, wait and see, you might nonetheless just like the solution/compromise we implement.
    So u want to be competitive to toptier hardcore players by not investing alot of the time in game? makes legit no sense. if u have no time, you are casual played and get over it.

4. So u want to be competitive to toptier hardcore players by not investing alot of the time in game? makes legit no sense. if u have no time, you are casual played and get over it.
    You're confusing "competitive" with "sweaty try-hard with too much time due to too few mature responsibilities."

5. So u want to be competitive to toptier hardcore players by not investing alot of the time in game? makes legit no sense. if u have no time, you are casual played and get over it.
    Raiding itself isn't repeatable content in the same way PVP is. I personally was completely burnt out after clearing Uld. Being forced to raid that much to keep your raid spot in your guild just isn't fun. Imo keep the PVP reset but I have to agree with the majority in this post, 4-5 days of raiding a week just isn't fun. Our guild couldn't even do 10 man raids because nobody wanted to raid that much.

6. Gold will be halved. This is why Frostmourne was not part of the squish, it gets applied later on transfers to the realm.
    Can you please explain how does 50% squish make sense on Frostmourne?

1. The squish happens 2 months later than Icecrown squish. This alone is the reason for the squish to be max 42%.

2. Biggest daily gold generators like Argent Tournament dailies were added 5 months ago.

3. Weekly quests were added 3 months ago.

4. Because realm was new everybody had to sink gold for dual talents, spells, mounts, flying etc.

50% squish doesn't make any sense if you want to make it fair for Frostmourne players.

7. Can you please explain how does 50% squish make sense on Frostmourne?
    Someone who joined Icecrown a week before the gold cut would be affected by it the same as someone playing there for half a decade.

8. Someone who joined Icecrown a week before the gold cut would be affected by it the same as someone playing there for half a decade.
    ?

So someone who joined Icecrown 2 months after squish would be affected by 50% squish?

9. So someone who joined Icecrown 2 months after squish would be affected by 50% squish?
    Did you read what Proterean said? The only reason Frostmourne didn't get a cut two months ago was because it was decided it would be more streamlined to do it when the transfers happened. You keep insisting on this "2 months after" when it's utterly irrelevant. Frostmourne was always going to be part of the cut, it's just happening at a different moment.

10. Did you read what Proterean said? The only reason Frostmourne didn't get a cut two months ago was because it was decided it would be more streamlined to do it when the transfers happened. You keep insisting on this "2 months after" when it's utterly irrelevant. Frostmourne was always going to be part of the cut, it's just happening at a different moment.
    It was also stated that size and date of the squish would be determined.

How is that utteraly irrelevant? In those 2 months inflation on Icecrown already went up by +-16%. Squishing gold by 50% on other realm would put Frostmourne at disadvantage by default. This is just basic economics. This doesn't even take into account the necessary gold sinks on Frostmourne and lower availability of gold generators.

Also there is no way to avoid squish on Frostmourne. You can't just buy items and sell them later on Icecrown because all valuable end game items are extremely scarce and overpriced compared to Icecrown.

11. It was also stated that size and date of the squish would be determined.

How is that utteraly irrelevant? In those 2 months inflation on Icecrown already went up by +-16%. Squishing gold by 50% on other realm would put Frostmourne at disadvantage by default. This is just basic economics. This doesn't even take into account the necessary gold sinks on Frostmourne and lower availability of gold generators.

Also there is no way to avoid squish on Frostmourne. You can't just buy items and sell them later on Icecrown because all valuable end game items are extremely scarce and overpriced compared to Icecrown.
    And again, all of those would be woes a new arrival to Icecrown would suffer if starting to play little before the cut. It's no "unusual punishment" affecting Frostmourne characters moving there or anything out of the ordinary. Now you can - an undoubtedly will - disagree, but this is where the back'n'forth ends for me. The reasoning for it was provided.

12. omg when i see this i always lmao there is always somthing to do i see people with over 10k achivm points still finding something to do
    also @ some of the last posters

I'm like Rarre, I'm only interested in the PvE content. Back when I played on FM, I mostly raid-logged (except when a new patch was released, and I wanted to farm VoA for emblems). As you can see, certain aspects of the game interest us, and others don't. Yes, there are various things, which players CAN do in WoW, e.g. farming achievements, gold, leveling alts etc, but doing it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone would enjoy them. Here's a nice video that explains the different player mentalities:
    Spoiler: Show

Achievement hunting*, for example, is for me a time waste - a grind for cosmetics. I could find the time to go after the "Insane" title, I could stay on my computer and meet the requirements for that achievement. I could spend hours doing monotonous chores, until I finally get the title and a small dose of serotonin. So, what can I do with it? Do I unlock anything special once I reach this threshold? No, I don't. I just get to boast about it in front of other players in major cities, who prolly won't give a crap about me..... No, thanks. I'd rather read a book, watch a movie, or improve my foreign language skills.

Spoiler: Show
    This is not to say that I haven't tried achievement hunting before. I did it just to see what the game could offer, and, honestly, people aren't missing much.

Let's take the loremaster achievement as an example. If someone decides to do it, they will be driven in the warcraft universe, and introduced to the lifestyle and events there, but the problem is that most quests from the classic zones (Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms) don't actually tell you anything exciting. They just follow a dull formula: "Help! X is terrorising my farm/village/land and it needs to be stopped. Kill Y amount of X/bring me Z from killing X.", or "X stole my Z. I want it back.", or "X has something valuable, which I want to possess. I want you to kill X, and bring me the item(s) to me.", or "X is terrorising this land. In order to undo the damage, you need to kill X, grab their object, go to the area and cast this spell". I'm prolly forgetting other formulas, but you get the idea. They are repetitive.

TBC and VVrath quests are way better - they actually give you bits of information about the main villains - and thus the time spent doing them is imho rewarding.

Admittedly, not all achievements are boring or pointless. The "world events" category is enjoyable, since players get to celebrate the ingame festivals, as if they were there. So, that's good design. The exploration achievements are also nice, since they incite the players to explore the zones and see how its inhabitants look like. As a bonus reward, the player unlocks various flying paths, and if at one point they decide to go back to the old areas and farm achievements/veins/herbs, they will reach them faster.

Same goes to farming gold and/or resources. Unless someone really wants to buy a mount, a pet or, idunno, control the market, there isn't a real reason why someone would want to possess a lot of ingame money. I mean, we don't die from starvation, and we don't control a land, for which we have to pay a rent. I'd argue that the need for collecting gold is to afford gems, enchants, two professions, flasks, fast flying, and maybe some item upgrades (BoEs, PvP/PvE boosting, items from the coin shop). If a player is just starting to play wow, they will have a lot of catching-up to do, but once they overcome this financial obstacle, the point to continue further ceases to matter. This was the case for me. At one point, I just relied on my income from doing rdfs and killing raid bosses.

Now, I'd like to discuss other previously brought up topics, pvp and leveling alts, and I don't have any (good) counter-arguments, mostly because those are personal issues, and I'd be a fool to think that they also regard other players. I can't refute people's points, but I'd like to say a few words nevertheless.

Gearing alts: The things I am going to write here regard obtaining loot from raid instances, and if someone reads my previous post, they would probably take me as a hypocrite. Still, the 2-reset feature allowed me to gear my main easier. Dunno about you, guys, but in my previous Frostmourne guilds we didn't have any alt raids. If someone brought an alt, they had less priority for the loot over players on their mains. I guess this could be taken as yet another downside of the double reset feature, though personally I didn't mind it. I loved playing as a feral cat more than any other class, so I enjoyed doing the same raid instance twice per week. Had I played on an alt, I wouldn't have been invited, until I had got the necessary gear on that character. Moreover, joining Naxx/Uld/ICC/RS pug raids ended poorly for me, so I had no incentive to gear my alts.

Though, developing an alt (even if it copies the main character) requires a lot of resources and time investment. It's not the same as doing a certain content twice per week with our mains - with the latter option we can jump straight up in the raid and continue with the normal pace. VVith alts you have to catch up before you are able to the desired content. I think this might be the reason why some people dismissed this suggestion. I'm quite curious to see what alternative solution the dev team has in store for us.

Regarding PVP - I have a stupid excuse. I just don't like battling other players. Though, I can't deny that FM is superior in the PVP scene in comparison to Lorde and IC. In the latter realms, people can do old PVE content whenever they please, but the same can't be said for bgs and arenas. If someone switches to their low-tier pvp gear, they won't get to experience the old meta. Rather, they will still get matched with wrathful players. Also, there are pvp tournaments in FM, so this is yet another huge plus for that realm. Again, choosing PVE and completely ignoring PVP is a personal preference.

Anyway, after all this jabber I wanted to point out how some players will miss the extra ID reset. We got to enter the same raid instance for a second time with our mains. Though, truth be told - the double reset feature was only possible due to the Covid pandemic. We had more time to spare, and we needed more ways to fill it. Of course, this will change at some point, so the double reset wouldn't be feasible anymore and if we do get a PVE tournament, I also agree that raiding twice a week would be quite exhausting. I'm curious to read more about FM's second season and see what kind of replacement the dev team has planned to implement.

Note* - by "achievement hunting" I don't mean going after achievements such as Bane or LoD, or such concerning your Rating in arenas. Those matter a lot, because having those allows the player to enter good guilds. I was talking about pointless achievements, which offer cosmetic rewards.
    Edited: March 25, 2021

13. Regarding the gold cut, well you guys didn't mind that your gold didn't got cut during the squish on all other realms. You think its unfair? How is it fair that you keep your gold when the majority of the community lost half their. So the even the grounds, we lost gold you loose gold on entering in Icecrown. And remember no one is forcing you to play on icecrown and you all knew that this is a seasonal realm that willl restart after 1 year, stop acting.

14. I'm like Rarre, I'm only interested in the PvE content. Back when I played on FM, I mostly raid-logged (except when a new patch was released, and I wanted to farm VoA for emblems). As you can see, certain aspects of the game interest us, and others don't. Yes, there are various things, which players CAN do in WoW, e.g. farming achievements, gold, leveling alts etc, but doing it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone would enjoy them.
    Sure, but...it gets to a point you don't want to do 80%+ of what the game is about. You wanna go to the stadium to watch football, but only like to see the touchdowns. That's what the game is like, though. You can't really expect us to fill that whole (it's not even a gap anymore), especially when what satisfied that extremely restricted and narrow predilection was being detrimental to so many people who voiced being burnt out or worse. They wanted to play, but it was being way too much vs. extreme pick'n'choose, you know? At least for me it's not a hard choice.

Hopefully the change that's coming will be able to cover that, but I'm not entirely sure. Proterean said the replacement will be targeting the catching up, and I have the feeling you want repetition of the last available tier.

15. Sure, but...it gets to a point you don't want to do 80%+ of what the game is about. You wanna go to the stadium to watch football, but only like to see the touchdowns. That's what the game is like, though. You can't really expect us to fill that whole (it's not even a gap anymore), especially when what satisfied that extremely restricted and narrow predilection was being detrimental to so many people who voiced being burnt out or worse. They wanted to play, but it was being way too much vs. extreme pick'n'choose, you know? At least for me it's not a hard choice.

Hopefully the change that's coming will be able to cover that, but I'm not entirely sure. Proterean said the replacement will be targeting the catching up, and I have the feeling you want repetition of the last available tier.
    First and foremost, I don't expect the warmane staff to entertain me personally. Just like you, I have also read the recurring critique about the double reset feature you mentioned above. If I have to be honest, I don't quite understand why people play with such an extreme competitive mindset when there isn't a pve tournament going on. Does the leaderboard matter all that much? [Actually, am I missing something here? Can someone explain to me what the pay-off of staying competitive is?]. I didn't utilise the double reset feature, in order to be competitive or to farm loot - rather, it was a way for me to replay my beloved raid instances like Ulduar 10 hm, TOGC 10, ICC 10 (whatever the latest tier was, as you've adequately put it). But, since the majority doesn't want two resets per week anymore, in order to ensure FM's future in the long term, your team is going to implement some changes. It's a valid reason, and I am not critisising the devs for taking that decision. However, the point I wanted to make in my previous post is that some of us actually welcomed that feature (you also saw other posters claiming the same), and we wouldn't want to fill our free time with meaningless things (like ach farming) just so we force ourselves into liking them.

Also, let me clarify something quickly. VVith the exception of pvp-ing, I have tried "80% of what the game is about". As I've said in my previous post, I farmed some achievements, mounts, gold, transmog, but I wasn't with the mindset that I had to obtain everything at all cost. I wanted to see what farming cosmetics was like. After multiple failed mount runs I decided to quit, because it became a tedious chore. I felt that I was simulating gameplay, and I wasn't actually doing anything meaningful. But, even if I had acquired these mounts and most achievements on my main (on Icecrown) with relative ease, I don't see a reason why I would do the same on Frostmourne or on other alts whenever I get bored. Those don't have any replayability unlike the buffed raids, that's why I enjoy the latter. Maybe you are right. Maybe leveling alts, which are copies of our mains, is the way to go in our case. Let's hope that the new catching-up mechanic proves to be a good alternative solution to the double reset feature. Though, currently I've switched to other hobbies and games, so I didn't come on this thread to demand stuff. I only wanted to express my opinion about the things I liked back when I played on FM.
    Edited: March 25, 2021

First ... 6789 Last