1. 1. Do you represent the Warmane staff with your statements? Or are these just your personal opinions?
    Some are opinions, some come from the way we have conducted things for almost a decade, some from the stance we've had since the first time the "wants" were voiced as none of them are coming up just now - but you know that, as you had made that supposedly "1000 pounds worth in consulting" file with suggestions that go in the opposite direction of things we want for the server.

2. Your view on the game is very odd to me. You seem to think people want to minimize gameplay and maximize loot? That is far from reality - if people just wanted to maximize their loot, they would play on Icecrown and immediately benefit from FOS, POS, HOR; higher emblem tiers, BOEs and craftables available, etc.. Frostmourne is a buffed, seasonal server - people play here to experience the full WotLK expansion in a challenging way and play in a more competitive environment overall. They don't do it to get loot as fast as possible.
    Wanting more loot with less effort is wanting for more loot with less effort, be it Icecrown or Frostmourne.

3. I don't understand what negative consequences you are worried about from increased loot. Could you go in detail about this? If you want to avoid people gearing up characters more easily before transferring to Icecrown, I have an easy fix for you: Have increased loot drops until T9, and regular loot in T10. That way you can keep the same 1-year lifecycle of the server wth a single ID system, without impacting Icecrown's coin shop economy in any negative way.
    If you are worried that the Frostmourne coin shop will make lower revenue, I can almost guarantee you that it won't. I can go into more detail about my reasons to believe this if you want.
    It's not a matter of consequences or less use of Coins, but of inequity. Icecrown never had increased drops, and Frosmourne players are the ones immigrating into their hood. I wouldn't fault the Icecrown community for having a big issue having outsiders barging in with loot received for less effort, somewhat akin to if people from Blackrock could transfer there.

Overall it would be nice to see a less aggressive and hostile attitude towards the community from you. You are probably just here to remove advertisements and don't actually hold power over what happens to the server, but you do still represent the Warmane server as part of the staff.
    Ok Karen.

2. Alright, so the issue with increased loot is a loot inflation on Icecrown? As I said, easy fix: Have increased loot only until ICC release, and have the same rates as Icecrown from that point onward. This way you can enter the progression of each subsequent tier with a good gear level, but there is no benefit to playing on Frostmourne over Icecrown purely for loot.

3. Alright, so the issue with increased loot is a loot inflation on Icecrown? As I said, easy fix: Have increased loot only until ICC release, and have the same rates as Icecrown from that point onward. This way you can enter the progression of each subsequent tier with a good gear level, but there is no benefit to playing on Frostmourne over Icecrown purely for loot.
    No, that's not what I meant. Icecrown has been around long enough that you couldn't cause a loot inflation if you tried. Barring sheep dropping Shadowmournes, I suppose. Think of what I said about Blackrock players transferring to Icecrown. Or to Frostmourne, even, so it strikes closer to home. You can see it with PvP right now, in fact, how people complain about Blackrock getting their gear with less/out effort, while cross-serving into other servers that didn't have that benefit, even if they have gear people who have been around for a few months should already have and even surpassed. While not as drastic as getting a bunch of free starting gear, Frostmourne having extra loot for the same activities done in Icecrown would be akin to that, and players wouldn't just be joining for a Battleground and then gone, they would be effectively Icecrown players who got easier loot than the actual Icecrown players.

4. I don't get your point. You also get more loot per time running through scarlet monastery at level 80, but that doesn't mean anything. Yes, you would get more itemlevel 226 loot in Naxxramas on Frostmourne, but why would Icecrown players care about that? It only matters if you get the same quality loot as another realm.

Or are you saying cross-realm PVP is the issue? I don't see how that is an argument at all, there are so few PVE items that are valuable for PVP, increasing drop rates in raids wouldn't change a thing about cross-realm PVP balance, especially with the separate battlegroups in place.

5. "More loot with less effort" is not even an argument because Frostmourne progresses through content 2x times faster than it is supposed to. Increased loot is just a measure so players could just keep up with the progress, and a more comfortable alternative to a very stressing double lockout which apparently nobody liked since it is extremely exhausting. What "less effort" this queer mod fella is talking about is beyond comprehension.

6. No, I'm saying that they would care, like they care about having Blackrock in their PvP, despite Blackrock not getting endgame gear, just equipment that other servers could grind in what, a few weeks? We're not talking about disposable mob or Dungeon drops, but stuff people use for a subsequent tier of grinding on their way to what's best for the build. Maybe it wouldn't matter to you, maybe it wouldn't matter to you because you would be the one heading in with that sort of advantage, but for "home" players it would be a sore spot.

7. "More loot with less effort" is not even an argument because Frostmourne progresses through content 2x times faster than it is supposed to. Increased loot is just a measure so players could just keep up with the progress, and a more comfortable alternative to a very stressing double lockout which apparently nobody liked since it is extremely exhausting. What "less effort" this queer mod fella is talking about is beyond comprehension.
    I agree, plus its more loot but 1 lockout. With 2 lockouts is more loot anyway just with the additional burnout. If you're looking at it that way, Frostmourne already has a gearing advantage to ICC.

8. I agree, plus its more loot but 1 lockout. With 2 lockouts is more loot anyway just with the additional burnout. If you're looking at it that way, Frostmourne already has a gearing advantage to ICC.
    It does, but it comes with the effort of doing double lockouts. The advantage is in having the possibility of struggling for the loot faster due to doing it more times, not in getting extra loot for reduced effort. One is essentially "doubling the invested time," while the other is simply "more drops."

9. The point here is: people dont want 2 resets? ok so its either one reset or probably a lot less players. so assuming as many players as possible pay you as much money as possible means: we want the players. So: do we double the loot or do we double the time to the next tier release so people have the gear they need/want to play that next tier from release on? Cant speak for everyone but ulduar already took long enough for people to quit of boredom in my surrounding and i rly dont wanna see this happen every single tier because it takes 6 months up to the next release.

therefore we suggest a double loot system at least until ToC because running that 2 times a week is in fact easy to do, even though exhausting and not fun since the raid on its own is kinda dull. From icc release on there is no reason to do have sucha thing, so we dont want it.

so ultimately you can choose from icecrown players being a little "why can he get his t8 x2 as fast" when its only transmog there or have a maybe not dead but lower populated frostmourne server with people doing raids two times a week, resulting in the same amount of loot in total, but with higher time efford.

10. Might as well make Frostmourne x1 blizzlike rates but give players an opportunity to complete the same quests twice per day, so they would have the possibility of struggling for level ups faster due to doing quests more times, not in getting extra xp and reputation for reduced effort, lol.

11. Yet players themselves have made suggestions beyond and counterpoints to your binary A or B "prediction." One reset, normal drops, and adapting the increased numbers on encounters is the one I find most plausible, with no chance of causing drama with Icecrown and capable of still sticking to an one-year duration according to players. The sole drawback is people don't get what's basically free loot, which I don't see as drawback at all.

12. The sole drawback of nerfing an already too easy "buffed" server even more is no free loot? Did you even play on Frostmourne, or follow anything that happened there?

13. The sole drawback of nerfing an already too easy "buffed" server even more is no free loot? Did you even play on Frostmourne, or follow anything that happened there?
    That's something you should discuss with the players on this very thread saying the issue with a single reset, one year duration and no free loot would be that they wouldn't get enough drops to beat the buffed content. If that's false, the reasons for more loot are heading towards moot.

14. You didn't answer my question.
    Because this isn't about myself, but about what your peers have said and which I used, as no one has contested their point of view. My answer wouldn't change or affect what those players have expressed. Which you didn't address, beyond dismissing their opinion, I guess. Instead of pointlessly trying to make it about me, perhaps discuss it with the ones who feel that way, as I already said?

First ... 34567 ... Last