1. Many of the issues that were presented as an annoyance, will be resolved in season two. We plan also to add a catch-up mechanism that will replace double resets. More information pending to the reset and season two will be posted relatively soon.

Reset is scheduled to be on April 15, 2021.

As a new player to not just wotlk but also wow, this was one of my greatest gaming experiences. Without even knowing I chose frostmourne when it was only 3 weeks in, i got to experience all of the amazing content, i killed KT, Anub, Halion and my proudest achievment - LK. I got my explorer title, leveled multiple characters, got the green proto drake and more. To some these things may seem small ,but they meant the world to me.
    Thank you, warnane, for one of the greatest times of my life, i will be here for frostmourne 2.0.
    These things are not small, they are memories that you hold on for a lifetime. A few pixels and numbers somewhere stored far away from you, but it still somehow manages to occupy your mind and put a smile on your face. We know how it feels, thank you for being a part of this journey with us!

2. Its not all about loot, 2 resets make server more alive, more pugs, more casual raids. With 2 resets you can join pug once a week and kill few bosses, later tryhard with guild or whatever, it made game more fun. 1 reset a week is so boring its actually depressing. Also the huge loot drops in 1 reset are bad idea because guilds that manage to clear all content first week get ultraahead in gear while mediocre guilds that failed at like 4th boss get nothing and alot of them disband. Also, alot of pvpers on frostmourne, we all cleared raid content twice a week while puging, it was a good way to have chill raids without tryhardmode. Two resets are more fun for alot of population, and for those that dont have time for it there is always a shop or do 1 hardcore run a week, who cares. 2 resets have no downside, nobody is forcing you to clear content twice a week., you will be full gear before next tier anyhow. Gl and cya there. no reason to read this thread anymore

3. Two resets did have a downside, which you are dismissing. Sure, you can say "no one is forced to," but the server was built with competitiveness in mind, so there will be someone who uses both resets, which essentially forces anyone else who wants to stay in the competition to do the same, creating a snowball effect. That might not affect you, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't or wouldn't listen to the validity of the complain.

Still, instead of overreacting when you don't even know what we have planned, wait and see, you might nonetheless just like the solution/compromise we implement.

4. I feel like removing the double resets would be rather bad for the server.
    When I say that, it has nothing to do with the amount of loot you can get or such. During the current Frostmourne reset A LOT of people have been running around between raids with nothing to do, just straight up bored. This is because you generally clear all the current raids in under 3 hours.

Having just one reset would probably kill the server. It'd be < 3h of raiding followed by a week of time offline. Unless you balance it out by making the content proper difficult so that people can't rush it all instantly and actually have to spend time progressing and raiding. While the content was boosted a bit during this first run of Frostmourne, most of it was way too easy in my opinion. Keep in mind that I said most of it and not all of it.

Also it's as you just stated yourself. The server was built with competitiveness in mind. Which is why I don't understand why it's a bad thing when the double resets "forces anyone else who wants to stay in the competition to do the same". If it's meant to be competitive, how is it a bad thing that the whole layout forces people to be a bit competitive?

Probably too late to share input about this but just wanted to get that out there.
    Edited: March 24, 2021

5. I feel like removing the double resets would be rather bad for the server.
    When I say that, it has nothing to do with the amount of loot you can get or such. During the current Frostmourne reset A LOT of people have been running around between raids with nothing to do, just straight up bored. This is because you generally clear all the current raids in under 3 hours.

Having just one reset would probably kill the server. It'd be < 3h of raiding followed by a week of time offline. Unless you balance it out by making the content proper difficult so that people can't rush it all instantly and actually have to spend time progressing and raiding. While the content was boosted a bit during this first run of Frostmourne, most of it was way too easy in my opinion. Keep in mind that I said most of it and not all of it.

Probably too late to share input about this but just wanted to get that out there.

People are free to make an alt if they want more raid :)

6. People are free to make an alt if they want more raid :)
    That's just like saying that people are free to extend their lockout or raid once per week, instead of raiding during both resets.
    "if they want less raid :)"

Anyways.
    I wouldn't mind something totally new being added to Frostmourne, like Heroic mode Naxx, EoE, OS and so on. Just increased difficulty for the more competitive guilds to go for while not having anything else to do in-game.
    Doesn't have to be any better loot. Just for the challenge.
    Edited: March 24, 2021

7. That's just like saying that people are free to extend their lockout or raid once per week, instead of raiding during both resets.
    "if they want less raid :)"

Anyways.
    I wouldn't mind something totally new being added to Frostmourne, like Heroic mode Naxx, EoE, OS and so on. Just increased difficulty for the more competitive guilds to go for while not having anything else to do in-game.
    Doesn't have to be any better loot. Just for the challenge.
    How about joining the pvp scene this season :) I'm planning to do that

8. When I say that, it has nothing to do with the amount of loot you can get or such. During the current Frostmourne reset A LOT of people have been running around between raids with nothing to do, just straight up bored. This is because you generally clear all the current raids in under 3 hours.

I personally think you're majorly exaggerating the supposedly beneficial impact of double resets. If it was anything like you describe, wouldn't Lordaeron and Icecrown have the same issue? They have been going on for years, yet they never had anything similar happen in them. Icecrown doesn't even have any "boosting" to encounters which you attribute as necessary to keep players around.

Also it's as you just stated yourself. The server was built with competitiveness in mind. Which is why I don't understand why it's a bad thing when the double resets "forces anyone else who wants to stay in the competition to do the same". If it's meant to be competitive, how is it a bad thing that the whole layout forces people to be a bit competitive?
    Competition still should be at a healthy pace. The point is for guilds to struggle against each other, not against burnout from having to do too much every week. Double resets made it more a matter of time availability and capability to deal with the repetition than of who was better at the content. Endurance competitions don't usually last for a whole year, every week.

Either way, it's a change that was considered due to player feedback. It didn't come out of nowhere from us, instead it was a recurring feedback we received, in various degrees of politeness. Lots of players and guilds have shared the stance that they stuck around to the end since they were already invested, but that they wouldn't do it again under the pressure of double resets, and that feels more realistic than players leaving because of a single reset, as mentioned above in comparison with our other servers.

Still, repeating what I said to the other person against the change, wait and see what's the catch up mechanic to replace double resets that Proterean mentions.

9. Just wanted to thank the moderators for actually communicating and not giving up (something Blizzard doesn't do) despite how many droolers you get making dumb suggestions or just flaming.

Timewalking raids to replace double reset as suggested on the Discord sounds fun to replace double reset: use wrath values of some items but with a TBC or vanilla mog, but limit the item lvl to 213 for hardest raids, so bis gear can only be obtained by Naxx 25, could also add it in phases so in phase 2 gear increases ilvl on par with ilvl increase for Ulduar (having a final 'phase 1/2/3/4' ilvl for each raid. It increases number of raids available by 8 or 9 major raids and about 20 smaller ones. People already mog farm, I guess the difficulty would be in scaling it appropriately. It could be another mode like heroic or 10 vs 25 man, just add option 'timewalking' to modes on party options (so you can keep old versions too, I want that ZG tiger!)
    On store to keep it simple just make it old items only, so you can't buy a 213 ilvl Sulfuras or whatever. Nothing has to change with store. Idea of reset every 5 days instead of 3/4 alternating 2x/week resets sounds sensible also.

Also for pvp: can we make it so we can blacklist certain BG's like Isle of Conquest or Strand of the Ancients, or expand number you can specific queue for? Nothing more disappointing than wanting to get Arathi Basin and getting IoC instead. I realize this may cause certain BG's to have less people queuing for them, but isn't than an indication of what people want anyway? If people want to avoid them, they aren't having fun in them. So either: blacklist certain BG's to exclude from random BG of day (not going to happen I know).
    Or more realistically: make 2 BG's Call to Arms and rotate them every 1-2 days? So people have more choice whilst still efficiently farming honour. This means no BG gets lower queues, but people have more options to choose from. AB and IoC one day, then WSG and Eye next etc. Rather than 'oh IoC is call to arms, queue random, get IoC anyway' haha.

10. In fact scrap idea of blacklisting that's dumb. I just want options for extra honour bonus to be: random BG, and TWO call to arms BG's rotated daily or every 2 days etc. So players have more choice with which BG's they get whilst farming honour efficiently. This is versus the random plus 1 call to arms (on weekends?). I don't think this would cause any problems, whilst enhancing player choice, and still being essentially wrath.

11. I personally think you're majorly exaggerating the supposedly beneficial impact of double resets. If it was anything like you describe, wouldn't Lordaeron and Icecrown have the same issue? They have been going on for years, yet they never had anything similar happen in them. Icecrown doesn't even have any "boosting" to encounters which you attribute as necessary to keep players around.
    I might be exaggerating a bit and it is true that those servers have been up for years. I'm just going after what I've seen and experienced on Frostmourne.
    Currently most people I have talked to are raid logging, just because there is nothing to to between the raids. Either that or just standing fully AFK in cities when they're online. Been this way since Ulduar (possibly even late Naxx, I don't know). A lot of those still logging in for raids say that they only stick around for the community/their guild and that if it wasn't for that, they'd move on to something new.

It's also true that Icecrown for example has no boosted content but that people keep playing there. It's hard to compare the servers to one another though as they are nothing alike and their playerbases are rather different as well. I don't know any player on Frostmourne that would want to play on Icecrown, or Lordaeron for that matter. The seasonal server just offers a different experience, not only for re-progressing content but the competitive aspect of it as well.

I'm not saying that I'm all against change, just that it would need to be something big to replace the double resets. Not just a form of catch up mechanic for people to gear up (when they're behind), but something to make players want to keep playing on a seasonal server like Frostmourne. Should give them something to do if the double resets are removed.

12. Currently most people I have talked to are raid logging, just because there is nothing to to between the raids. Either that or just standing fully AFK in cities when they're online. Been this way since Ulduar (possibly even late Naxx, I don't know). A lot of those still logging in for raids say that they only stick around for the community/their guild and that if it wasn't for that, they'd move on to something new.

It's also true that Icecrown for example has no boosted content but that people keep playing there. It's hard to compare the servers to one another though as they are nothing alike and their playerbases are rather different as well. I don't know any player on Frostmourne that would want to play on Icecrown, or Lordaeron for that matter. The seasonal server just offers a different experience, not only for re-progressing content but the competitive aspect of it as well.
    See, that's the thing. It's a different experience, that attracts different people, who are after something different than what you'd find on a regular server. I see "having something to do" as belonging on regular servers, where people expect to play their characters without an expiration date. People on Icecrown and Lordaeron don't need any specific additional incentive, they make their own, be it chasing achievements or mounts, or creating alts, or making up their own personal challenges.

Frostmourne has the exact same content, so it isn't a matter of "not having anything to do." It couldn't, since it's the same as the other servers in content. But look how you reacted when someone suggested making alts. What usually would be one of the go-to solutions on Icecrown was met with disdain from you.

That seems to me like a different mentality, not something based on nothing to do. There's plenty to do, but what's to do doesn't interest you, as the server itself is based on a definite schedule and centered around fast competitive progression. That means what's outside that competitive progression won't interest many that only want that, therefore people taking breaks after they completed the current tier or only logging in to raid would be something natural and expected in a server of this nature for the players whose only interest is the competition.

I'm really not sure what could be done for that subset of the player base, or if there's interest/willingness to invest development to making "extra" content so these people don't take breaks when they're effectively "done for the time being."

13. I might be exaggerating a bit and it is true that those servers have been up for years. I'm just going after what I've seen and experienced on Frostmourne.
    Currently most people I have talked to are raid logging, just because there is nothing to to between the raids. Either that or just standing fully AFK in cities when they're online. Been this way since Ulduar (possibly even late Naxx, I don't know). A lot of those still logging in for raids say that they only stick around for the community/their guild and that if it wasn't for that, they'd move on to something new.

I'm not saying that I'm all against change, just that it would need to be something big to replace the double resets. Not just a form of catch up mechanic for people to gear up (when they're behind), but something to make players want to keep playing on a seasonal server like Frostmourne. Should give them something to do if the double resets are removed.

Currently most people I have talked to are raid logging, just because there is nothing to to between the raids.
    The small population that still plays are raid logging due to ICC being buffed to 30% and therefore the challenge of zero buff ICC is gone. It can be cleared on HC in under three hours with RS HC. If they kept 0 buff, Half of the guilds would still be progressing.

14. Currently most people I have talked to are raid logging, just because there is nothing to to between the raids.
    omg when i see this i always lmao there is always somthing to do i see people with over 10k achivm points still finding something to do

15. Many of the issues that were presented as an annoyance, will be resolved in season two. We plan also to add a catch-up mechanism that will replace double resets. More information pending to the reset and season two will be posted relatively soon.

Reset is scheduled to be on April 15, 2021.

These things are not small, they are memories that you hold on for a lifetime. A few pixels and numbers somewhere stored far away from you, but it still somehow manages to occupy your mind and put a smile on your face. We know how it feels, thank you for being a part of this journey with us!
    Just a few questions (the same that many people also asked) :
    - Will there be any form of gold squish for the transfered characters?
    - Is it planned to transfer the characters that have less then level 80?
    - Can we expect any form of bug during the transfer? (more like the ones that happened in the transfer of Outland chars to WOLTK realms)

First ... 56789 Last