1. Heal reduction effects

Why can't we apply multiple "heal reduction effects" on 1 target anymore?
    Is this a bug? or something changed?

its really boring when you play for example rogue/war vs Rdruid. And everytime war applies mortal strike. your poisons are gone. And when war applies mortal and you (as rogue hit the target) you remove mortal. but with the dispel poison it basically means the guy you're hitting has no healing reduction, even if 2 ppl use heal reduction...

Why can't we apply multiple "heal reduction effects" on 1 target anymore?
    Is this a bug? or something changed?

2. this is how it was on retail.

And btw it should be the same even for other debuff category (slow movement, roots, etc) but, I guess, it is too hard to properly implement it.

3. really? im learning something there! thanks for answer
    It sounds really weird tho. Having your debuts remove...

Are you saying that it might change even more in the future?

4. Are you saying that it might change even more in the future?
    I hope so but I guess not.
    It would be really interesting tho. It would have an huge impact on PvP (above all on 3vs3/Soloq).

An example: https://youtu.be/nD2stcm4W8M?t=474 at 7:56 "Frostbolt" removes "Piercing Howl".
    Imagine this happening on 3vs3 game with Mage+War Vs Disc...

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YLzAEOs6M&t=185s
    https://i.imgur.com/6N84BxL.png

Pause the video and go through it frame-by-frame:
    • The [Mortal Strike] debuff is present on the target.
    • The [Wound Poison] debuff is applied to the target.
    • The [Mortal Strike] debuff vanishes. Debuffs that used to be to the right of it are shifted one position to the left to fill its spot.
    • The [Wound Poison] debuff is the last (rightmost) debuff visible on the target.

Takeaway, don't run Arms/Rogue/X.

6. It sounds really weird tho. Having your debuts remove...
    Why would it sound weird? It's pretty much the bread and butter of MMOs for both buffs and debuffs of the same type to not stack, even when coming from different sources, barring exceptions where a skill itself is meant to add stacks of it. Some games add the new duration on top of the old, some replace the old with the brand new, some even begin applying diminishing returns, but the general rule is buffs and debuffs of the same name don't all stick to a target.

7. Well thanks a lot guys for all the answers/proofs and explanations!

@skullatbash You're right indeed! PvP would be affected!

@XChaos Yeah time to stop or change poisons or go for proc war rogue

@Obnoxious Well, i don't have much experience with MMO, i only play WOW and i've played it since 2005 all the way to the ulduar release and then on Private servers but never noticed that. I probably wasn't paying enough attention :(
    And maybe as skullatbash stated it might be hard to implement and that's the reason why i didn't encounter this for years.

It's good to see there's still changes happening :D

@Obnoxious Do you think we'll see more changes like snears/root being removed ? Do you have any info about the upcoming big changes in PVP ?

Anyway thanks again for answers :)
    Edited: March 9, 2021

8. I don't have information about any of that, I was just commenting on how that sort of mechanic you found weird is really widely used in order to not allow multiple instances of the same buff or debuff to trivialize combat.

9. Tbh this feels more like an oversight on Blizzard's part at the time, akin to how there used to be a debuff-limit in Vanilla.
    I can't exactly recall how debuffs work on retail right now. Obviously, the most potent effect will only ever be active at a time but I don't remember whether you could apply debuffs of the same or inferior type in parallel.
    In two years' time we shall see if people on WotLK Classic remember it, if they notice it, if Blizzards changes it for the sake of QoL or doesn't in the spirit of #NoChanges. Suffice it to say, you won't see it altered on Warmane any time soon, that's for sure.