1. PVP brackets

can some1 give exact info about pvp brackets? from what gs or ilvl till what gs or ilvl

2. Update on the WoTLK battleground brackets

January 20, 2021

A few days ago we adjusted the way battlegrounds are bracketed at level 80. Previously we had two brackets, the 'low gear' and' high gear' brackets as we call them. However, we noticed there was still a major imbalance even within these brackets. Players with absolute starter gear, were playing with or against players with decent but not end-game gear, full season 6 PvP gear for example. Obviously this is not ideal and we wanted to do something about that.

We reworked the matching system to have more 'gear brackets'. It will now dynamically scale depending on queue times and thus the amount of players in-game. But we also added safeguards to make sure players from Frostmourne will (under acceptable queue time circumstances) never meet players with gear not available yet on the realm. That means Frostmourne players will now meet more players from other realms, especially when better gear is involved. But the matches on all realms will be much more balanced overall.
    Copied from the devlog. In short this means there are no static brackets on 80 anymore. Instead, the system matches players with similar ilvl. The more players there are in queue, the bigger the chance you'll be matched with ppl with similar to your gear.

3. Thanks!
    hard to decide how to adjust my gear so i dont have to fight people with shadowmournes and similar gear

4. Dunno what gear do you have right now, but when I made a fresh toon on blackrock (around 5500 gs) I was rarely matched against smourne players (usually only on AV and IoC). Most matches I've played i was against ppl with similar or weaker gear than mine.

5. Dunno what gear do you have right now, but when I made a fresh toon on blackrock (around 5500 gs) I was rarely matched against smourne players (usually only on AV and IoC). Most matches I've played i was against ppl with similar or weaker gear than mine.
    yeah, was thinking to do the same
    what about gear in bags? does that affects anything?
    like if i take shadowmourne off get in to lower bracket and put it back in bg or that doesnt work like that?

6. what about gear in bags? does that affects anything?
    I've heard not only equipped gear counts, but also the one you have in bag and bank. So a smourne in your bag should boost up your average ilvl, putting u with better geared ppl. Never tested it though, so can't tell for sure.
    Edited: March 13, 2021

7. I've heard not only equipped gear counts, but also the one you have in bag and bank. So a smourne in your bag should boost up your average ilvl, putting u with better geared ppl. Never tested it though, so can't tell for sure.
    even bank. wow ok, then im stuck in higher bracket and long queues

8. Long queues and premades left and right.

If you want to actually have fun solo, just make a BR character and queue for BGs on it.

9. Long queues and premades left and right.

If you want to actually have fun solo, just make a BR character and queue for BGs on it.
    but i want honor for gems too :D

10. but i want honor for gems too :D
    Tough luck. Just use Iceclown char for PvE and BR for PvP (don't upgrade any of the starting items, don't even buy anything new) and you'll have a bit more decent queues and you'll actually have fun playing.

11. Tough luck. Just use Iceclown char for PvE and BR for PvP (don't upgrade any of the starting items, don't even buy anything new) and you'll have a bit more decent queues and you'll actually have fun playing.
    whats with the hate to icecrown server?

12. There is none, I just like calling it like that. I've been playing on that realm since Molten became Warmane.