1. How did Frostmourne compare in difficulty to Lordaeron?

Would a former Lordaeron player be content on Frostmourne? I was busy with other things, so I stepped away from WoW for a bit, but I love the idea of a server you can replay fresh every year. The trouble is, I have no interest in playing any WoW content that isn't decently tuned. I don't have the same free time as I used to, so I'm not saying it needs to be on the same level as Lordaeron, but I would like it to be close enough to be enjoyed.

Former Lordaeron players, please enlighten me as to whether Frostmourne will be worth it to play next iteration.

2. theoretically Frostmourne Core is based on Lordaeron.
    So Raid's bosses are buffed just like lordaeron

The main difference are:
    increased rates -> you can farm prof and rep faster
    Some gear become available at Store for coins at one point
    About ICC, at one point they have added ICC buff (starting with 5% then it shoudl reach 30%. Similar to what happend on Retail)
    Edited: March 16, 2021

3. theoritically Frostmourne Core is based on Lordaeron.
    So Raid's bosses are buffed just like lordaeron

The main difference are:
    increased rates -> you can farm prof and rep faster
    Some gear become available at Store for coins at point
    About ICC, at one point they have added ICC buff (starting with 5% then it shoudl reach 30%. Similar to what happend on Retail)
    Thank you so much for responding. That's quite heartening, actually. I haven't been able to find a private server like Lordaeron since, and there didn't really seem to be a reason to go back since everything is cleared and on farm. I'm very happy to hear that Warmane has opened back up the opportunity to play WotLK with buffed content.

4. Raiding content will be tuned as current Lordaeron's content is tuned. This is not the same as on Lordaeron launch, as we have refined the difficulty over the years considering large amounts of player feedback, striking a balance and achieving content difficulty that is challenging but far from impossible for the average player. This is still in the stage of careful consideration and community feedback is welcome.
    Frostmourne is/was not as hard as OP's experience of Lordaeron, and was designed as such. It's blatantly obvious seeing how fast realm firsts were taken, especially LoD.

5. Lordaeron when it first launched, was alot harder, but the current values are the same between both realms. Its still somewhat challenging on Frostmourne, and its got the appeal of going through content with less gear than the current state of Lordaeron (seeing Lordaeron has had all raids cleared for years now).

6. Someone really might have told me that this content is not buffed at all and that all of Naxx can basically be one-shot without people coordinating anything or paying attention. "Not as hard" and "somewhat challenging" do not come anywhere close to describing it. I was expecting maybe 50-70% of Lordaeron difficulty, not 5-10%. Naxx was good on Lordaeron, and it was proof you could turn those fights into something to hold your attention. My level of disappointment is indescribable. Why would anyone willingly play this? Why would you even have a raid tier that you just drool through "until Ulduar comes out, lol". Will Ulduar be like this, too? You have control of the values, so why not make it worth logging on for? I can't believe that the same people who made Lordaeron made this. Why don't you just reset Lordaeron or make a clone of it? I had about five people lie to me and make think this was going to be fun and something like what I remembered.
    Edited: April 30, 2021

7. It's a product, and as such it's meant to be appealing and available to potential users. Current tune of fmourne is somewhat tense for majority. It's satisfactory, not perfect. It's also meant to be full in a first place. From a player perspective, fmourne seemed to be a successful project; a business-like approach would be to not destroy it (by, for example, ovrtuning it based on feedback from 0.1% zealots capable of prepotting). Big change was done nonetheless; this year it's 1 raid lockout per week, 'stead of 2.
    Would I like it harder? :slight_smile: sure thing, finding it somewhat unrealistic tho... to consider it a dj show ruled entirely by Warmane. Those difficulty sliders are all there, whether it's choosing a less optimal approach or literally skipping a global.
    Edited: April 30, 2021

8. It's a product, and as such it's meant to be appealing and available to potential users. Current tune of fmourne is somewhat tense for majority. It's satisfactory, not perfect. It's also meant to be full in a first place. From a player perspective, fmourne seemed to be a successful project; a business-like approach would be to not destroy it (by, for example, ovrtuning it based on feedback from 0.1% zealots capable of prepotting). Big change was done nonetheless; this year it's 1 raid lockout per week, 'stead of 2.
    Would I like it harder? :slight_smile: sure thing, finding it somewhat unrealistic tho... to consider it a dj show ruled entirely by Warmane. Those difficulty sliders are all there, whether it's choosing a less optimal approach or literally skipping a global.
    "Somewhat tense for the majority"? Are the majority mentally compromised chimpanzees? I'm not even trying to be unreasonable. I was not expecting it to be exactly like Lordaeron, but I was also not expecting to clear the entire thing in one night without anyone in the raid activating more than two brain cells. The collective time it took the leaders to decide on the distribution of meaningless loot took longer than the collective time spent killing bosses.

People on this forum could have been far more transparent about the relative difficulty. To say that it is "not as hard as Lordaeron" is totally misleading. The official statement about the server reads, "This is not the same as on Lordaeron launch, as we have refined the difficulty over the years considering large amounts of player feedback, striking a balance and achieving content difficulty that is challenging but far from impossible for the average player." This representation is little better than a scam.

If other people are resigned to this sort of thing, that's fine, but I would have rather not gotten my hopes up of enjoying WoW again, which are now crushed. I'm trying to figure out whether I want to have them ground to dust by sticking around for Ulduar or whether I want to jump ship now and spend the time I would have spent "raiding" (a generous term in this context) on something that doesn't make me seethe with regret.

9. May 1, 2021  
    Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

10. May 1, 2021  
    Well, don't say I didn't warn you.
    Well of course. Perhaps he was hoping for the wonky balancing that Lordaeron2.0 experienced at the start of its life due the team trying to figure out where the sweet spot was in balance. If that's what he was hoping for, then I can't say anything but common sense should have made it apparent.

11. May 3, 2021  
    To be fair, most bosses in Naxx have never had enrage timers so if you understand the tactics, don't die and use mana cooldowns appropriately there's no reason why scaling would affect difficulty.

Eg. if you know the heigan dance you can theoretically do it with one healer and one tank, it will just take ages.

And let's be honest with ourselves, as much as Frostmourne is labeled 'New Player' it is generally people who have done the content before and know tactics and therefore is easy to them.

Believe me, Ulduar hardmodes will destroy people and enrage timers in ToC 25 will mess with groups who are under geared. Naxx is just not that bad regardless of scaling.