1. The possible consequences of Frostmourne over Icecrown's stability and economy.

Hi everybody.

• Frostmourne's first season is nearly coming to an end, it was nice, but from another side i'm kind of worried about some case scenarios that will possibly happen after the realm reset and, i would like to share that in this post and ask for everybody's point of view, especially the staff, if it's already planned to take measures to prevent this.

Q: Will my characters get deleted when the season ends?
    A: No. They will be moved to Icecrown.
    So we're expecting all of the Frostmourne's population to be moved on Icecrown when season ends (which is expected to happen in a month or two), from what i see, there's 5000-6000 active player base logging in everyday, i'm not even including the less active players that doesn't show up daily.

• First thing i'm worried about is the possible neverending queue to join Icecrown after all of the Frostmourne's population will be moved there. Even with its actual player base, Icecrown is full most of the time, reaching its 12k player limit, so yeah expecting half of this number to add on the actual server population worries me the most, i don't know if its planning to extend this limit (which is, from what i know, the only effective way to handle this issue) but this is a problem we can expect after Frostmourne's reset. This problem aside, i don't know how Icecrown's realm server will handle this new population, regarding of the possible latency/lags.

• Second and last thing i'm worried about is the possible consequences on Icecrown's economy in its overall. The possible queue and lags issues aside, the other problem is the economy. This 5-6k population represents a huge amount of gold that will be directly injected into Icecrown's economy as soon as the season ends, no information about a possible gold squish have been stated.

For the most part, Q&A doesn't state anything about how those issues will be handled. Due to the lack of informations, my main purpose creating this post is mainly to discuss these points with other players, and ask for further informations if there's any planned counter-measures to prevent these scenarios.

2. Most people who from Frostmourne have no interest in Icecrown, or will just play Frostmourne 2. If they wanted to continue farming ICC constantly, they would've been there the whole time.

3. I'm not sure if you're trolling or genuinely serious - but I'll bite. Most people will just play the 2nd season of Frostmourne again, because what's the point of playing on Frostmourne with buffed ICC bosses, only to play on a server where it's Blizzlike. I can assure you that you will not find queues to be any different than now.

4. Iamgine thinking icecrown economy would broke :D what you call it now than? Perfectly balanced and accurate price market?

5. Iamgine thinking icecrown economy would broke :D what you call it now than? Perfectly balanced and accurate price market?
    That's the idea even OP Post is pure imagination.

6. I support, in fact, this whole story with the seasonal world is bad.
    Here's what happens after restarting Frostmourne:
    1) Online on frostmourne will drop 2 times in a few months
    2) Icecrown will go out of orbit, without that the overpopulated realm will be completely groomed, crazy queues, unbearable delays, etc. For players of both realms, the day of Frostmorn's restart will be a disaster and everyone will hate this day.

The only sensible solution I see is to leave frostmorn as an independent realm, without restarts and deleting characters.

7. Most people who from Frostmourne have no interest in Icecrown, or will just play Frostmourne 2. If they wanted to continue farming ICC constantly, they would've been there the whole time.
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or genuinely serious - but I'll bite. Most people will just play the 2nd season of Frostmourne again, because what's the point of playing on Frostmourne with buffed ICC bosses, only to play on a server where it's Blizzlike. I can assure you that you will not find queues to be any different than now.
    Iamgine thinking icecrown economy would broke :D what you call it now than? Perfectly balanced and accurate price market?
    So what, you're gonna tell me you're grinding characters in Frostmourne only for the purpose to abandon them when the season ends, and start over with new ones, every new season? And you're also gonna tell me that this point of view is shared WITH MOST of the community playing in Frostmourne? Just be realistic, guys.

The thing is, you won't be able to move your actual Frostmourne characters to the next seasonal realm : that's againist the core purpose of that realm. As the Q&A states, after the reset, charcters on Frostmourne will only have the option to get moved to IC, that's it. So rationally, you'll be left with two options :

- Joining Frostmourne 2, but at the price of starting over from the bottom, new characters, all that stuff.
    OR :
    - Keep playing on your actual characters, but only after moving them to Icecrown.

I think you'll all understand that a fair amount of players will find the first option frustrating and move to IC, in order to keep playing there.

Again, i never said that IC is actually in a good shape, i'm just saying that without counter-measures, the actual FM's population that will move there will completely destroy it with neverending queues, and probably lags or server latency issues and i'm not even talking about the economy that will get far worse.

Maybe you guys don't enjoy playing on Icecrown anymore, but that feeling isn't shared with the majority of Warmane's players, still logging there to this day and enjoying it.
    Edited: March 16, 2021

8. So what, you're gonna tell me you're grinding characters in Frostmourne only for the purpose to abandon them when the season ends, and start over with new ones, every new season? And you're also gonna tell me that this point of view is shared WITH MOST of the community playing in Frostmourne?
    Uhm...yes?

9. So what, you're gonna tell me you're grinding characters in Frostmourne only for the purpose to abandon them when the season ends, and start over with new ones, every new season? And you're also gonna tell me that this point of view is shared WITH MOST of the community playing in Frostmourne?
    Yup. That is the exact reason there are fresh servers popping up every few months. People enjoy the realm first races and progression of the server as a whole. As was stated, if they wanted to farm ICC over and over with BiS gear they would have rolled on IC many moons ago.

You are worried about nothing.

10. About 80% of the people or more will keep play on Frostmourne, Some Icecrown players like myself will move to Frostmourne since I didnt have time for it last season. I bet it's not going to be a big hassle, and if they queue times does go up drastically then you can allways donate to skip it, Warmane would se it as a win/win.

11. About 80% of the people or more will keep play on Frostmourne, Some Icecrown players like myself will move to Frostmourne since I didnt have time for it last season. I bet it's not going to be a big hassle, and if they queue times does go up drastically then you can allways donate to skip it, Warmane would se it as a win/win.
    Now thats my kind of thinking, i'll be joining frostmourne too :)

12. Only impact on economy could be things related to shorter lockout resets. Primos, abyss crystals, some orbs. even then impact will be laughable. Maybe some minor reductions in overall prices since increased competition.

13. So what, you're gonna tell me you're grinding characters in Frostmourne only for the purpose to abandon them when the season ends, and start over with new ones, every new season? And you're also gonna tell me that this point of view is shared WITH MOST of the community playing in Frostmourne? Just be realistic, guys.

- Joining Frostmourne 2, but at the price of starting over from the bottom, new characters, all that stuff.
    OR :
    - Keep playing on your actual characters, but only after moving them to Icecrown.

I think you'll all understand that a fair amount of players will find the first option frustrating and move to IC, in order to keep playing there.
    It's incredibly obvious this is your 1st fresh server. People who actually play on fresh realms do this all the time, they're just allowing transfers for the few of you who can't stand losing a character.

14. I can see demand for BOE epics growing with the merge. On Frostmourne for example Titanium Razorplate epic plate DPS chest costs 11k. On Icecrown the same chest costs 3-4k. People who could not afford such items on Frostmourne will now start buying them on Icecrown possibly even creating a bit of a deficit. So stocking up on BOEs on Icecrown would not be a bad idea as they can only go up in price with people coming over from Frostmourne and creating more demand.
    Edited: March 30, 2021

15. So what, you're gonna tell me you're grinding characters in Frostmourne only for the purpose to abandon them when the season ends, and start over with new ones, every new season?
    Look at dis duuuuuude

You wouldn't believe the amount of chars some people, me included, have abandoned over last decade on numerous servers for the sweet sweet feeling of fresh.

12 Last