1. Ganking is Griefing, and it's being taken too seriously

I understand this is a pvp realm, but this getting out of hand.
    I don't care about "lore" or whatever excuse people want to make for 80s greifing low levels.
    If you wanna say I'm a crybaby who shouldn't play the server, go ahead.
    If you want to make justifications based on repressed anger from the times you were ganked, go ahead.

I'm not responding or going to try and argue these points because at the end of the day...I'm just a guy....trying to play a game I enjoy...that's it.

You folks from both sides make justifications for this kind of nonsense non-stop, but then also in the same sentence say how much you hate it.
    I see it in the alliance side where people are asking for help because a horde 80 is ganking.
    I see it in the horde side where people le are asking for help because an alliance 80 is ganking.

The majority of the population on this server ABSOLUTELY do not agree with nor support the idea of 80s being able to non-stop grief low lvls.

wPVP, is fine. wPvP is part of the game and always has been, but:
    An 80 running around Tanaris one-shotting and camping lvl 40 horde, IS NOT wPvP.
    An 80 running around one-shotting people in Honor Hold and camping lvl 60 alliance IS NOT wPvP.
    An 80 running around Terran Mill one-shotting lvl 20s horde players IS NOT wPvP.
    An 80 running around Rebel Camp one-shotting lvl 30-40 alliance players IS NOT wPvP.

SOMEONE, ANYONE, put your foot down and stop letting this happen, speak up and let the GMs know this is old, tiring, and exhausting. It's been nothing but toxicity and it's ruining the server.
    Edited: March 16, 2021 Reason: typo

2. These people are complete losers and nothing is going to change about it. They will literally spend hours every day camping low lvl zones + quest givers which makes the game unplayable. Your options are to sit in a major city and wait hours for a dungeon or try to do quests and get camped in every neutral zone in the game. Any (justified) complaints about it on this forum are met with toxic garbage replies from the same no-life losers who enjoy killing people who have no fighting chance against them in pvp.

3. It doesn't have to be this way though...People don't have to sit around and take this.

This has absolutely nothing to do with arbitrary "sides" or which is worse or better. We all know that if there was an option for alliance/horge to target their own faction, things would be far worse than they already are and are bound to be.

People on this server need to put their foot down and say enough if enough. A few voices yelling to the wind won't do anything. People need to speak up and stop taking this level of toxicity.

4. The people who run the server won't ever care. There was a thread suggesting the realm be swapped to PVE to solve this issue and a mod responded with this:

"It won't. And were you to have posted this as a suggestion, the thread would be deleted and you would get a Warning for not following our guidelines for suggestions, which include not suggesting for Lordaeron's features to be changed.

PS: That's not a "threat," in case some oversensitiveness out there tries to paint it so, it's just to elaborate on just how much it won't be taken into consideration."

Lordaeron is a playground for people who already have level 80's and BOA gear. If you're a new player leveling isn't fun, it's frustrating due to RDF que times and lvl 80 rogue players camping **** like tarren mill for hours every day. The fact that you can't even make suggestions for the realm speaks volumes about what's happening here. Since you can't buy in-game items on Lordaeron they seriously don't give a **** whether or not the average player is happy because those players don't make them any money. It really is a shame though because aside from RDF times and bad player behaviour the server is actually pretty good for a private server.

5. "World PvP usually refers to spontaneous combat between two or more players, simply for the thrill of battle. .... In contrast to the ordered, structured experience of arena or battleground play, world PvP is unpredictable, unbalanced and usually unprovoked, and can offer some of the wildest and most unfair PvP to be found."

Everything you described is world PvP. Just because it's unfair doesn't mean it isn't wPvP anymore. It should NEVER be bannable. All ganking does is encourage people to come to the zone and, who would've guessed, do wPvP.
    I've leveled 8 characters on Lordaeron and never have I been camped for more than 5 minutes, why?

Because there's plenty of ways to avoid getting ganked, including:
    • escape the area using unstuck service: https://www.warmane.com/account/services
    • hearthstone to home city and que rdf
    • switch zones, atleast temporarily
    • do some profession crafting/auctioneering
    • log out and take a break, you aren't addicted, are you?

World PvP, whether it's ganking low levels or actually fighting 80 vs 80, should never be bannable and if you think it should grow a spine or leave online games forever because if you get this upset over something so stupid you don't belong in an online world.
    Edited: March 16, 2021

6. All players who complain about getting ganked are not getting ganked hard enough. I suggest they post their character names here so something can be done about that.

7. This is a roleplaying game and that guy is roleplaying, just relax and deal with it doing what Thorbjorn suggested.

8. "simply for the thrill of battle." It's not a battle when we have no chance of fighting them at all. You can try to (poorly) justify it all day but a level 80 camping tarren mill is identical to them killing low lvl mobs: no XP, no gold and no honor. They're doing it purely out of sadism. Your post is the typical toxic and condescending garbage I've come to expect from this community. Let's be honest here, your bullet points are bull**** and they boil down to 3 options:

1. Abandon questing and do professions/RDF.
    2. Take a break.
    3. "Temporarily" switch zones.

Depending on your timezone RDF isn't a realistic solution. Waiting for a dungeon in a city is boring and more importantly a huge time waster. I would spend way more time waiting than playing by doing that. I've tried taking a break but when I log on several hours later and the same guy is still camping tarren mill, what then? And the next day I log on only to see corpses everywhere and it's been like that all week... Which means I pretty much can't quest there at all. So sure I could try to swap zones but all of them are neutral so I'll likely just be camped by a different player because I have seen this garbage behavior in almost every zone and on both factions. I think it's pretty obvious that the people camping for hours a day and trying to justify it are the ones who "don't belong" and are addicted.

9. first of all, PVE realm is what u want. and warmane doesnt have pve realm. so either u find other server that has pve realm( i.e. retail) or u can use your brain to progress like MOST people do and stop getting ganked like u enjoy it.

second, ask for 80 help, use global chat or join a functional guild its MMO afterall.

last, its not the gankers fault if your level is low.

i know it sounds like im an *******, but ganking has been there since pvp realm was implemeted years ago and its just the nature of the realm. i know its difficult, but difficulties are part of gaming.

10. The fact that you can't even make suggestions for the realm speaks volumes about what's happening here. Since you can't buy in-game items on Lordaeron they seriously don't give a **** whether or not the average player is happy because those players don't make them any money. It really is a shame though because aside from RDF times and bad player behaviour the server is actually pretty good for a private server.
    Did you buy this account and start playing here yesterday? Our PvP policy has applied to every server we've ever had, requests to change them have happened and been declined since we had a different name. Lordaeron just also has the extra of us flat out denying any suggestions that would try to change its base design.

11. "simply for the thrill of battle." It's not a battle when we have no chance of fighting them at all. You can try to (poorly) justify it all day but a level 80 camping tarren mill is identical to them killing low lvl mobs: no XP, no gold and no honor. They're doing it purely out of sadism. Your post is the typical toxic and condescending garbage I've come to expect from this community. Let's be honest here, your bullet points are bull**** and they boil down to 3 options:

1. Abandon questing and do professions/RDF.
    2. Take a break.
    3. "Temporarily" switch zones.

Depending on your timezone RDF isn't a realistic solution. Waiting for a dungeon in a city is boring and more importantly a huge time waster. I would spend way more time waiting than playing by doing that. I've tried taking a break but when I log on several hours later and the same guy is still camping tarren mill, what then? And the next day I log on only to see corpses everywhere and it's been like that all week... Which means I pretty much can't quest there at all. So sure I could try to swap zones but all of them are neutral so I'll likely just be camped by a different player because I have seen this garbage behavior in almost every zone and on both factions. I think it's pretty obvious that the people camping for hours a day and trying to justify it are the ones who "don't belong" and are addicted.
    And your post is the typical "HEY MOOOOM THEY'RE KILLING ME AGAIN WHAAAAAAAAAAAA" that's not even worth replying so I won't anymore. Enjoy *****ing on forums for people to hold your hand instead of fixing it yourself in-game as instructed. :)

12. @Obnoxious I didn't buy my account, I made it and you know exactly the date I created it because you looked at my profile already.

@Thorbjorn This type of behavior both in-game and on the forums will drive new players away like a plague. I don't understand why you guys want to be rude like this to new players who are having a bad experience I KNOW you can relate to. Your account is 9 years old and you expect me to believe you've never been camped for more than 5 minutes? Laughable.

And to anyone else who may be reading this I just want to say this: I played wrath on pvp realms when it was retail and the camping/ganking was never this intense. I don't think the rules of the server are the problem it's the mentality of the players that has created this issue.

13. @Obnoxious I didn't buy my account, I made it and you know exactly the date I created it because you looked at my profile already.
    Yes, I checked your profile, hence asking if you had bought the account. The only option aside that or being new would be that you know very well what you said is bull****.

14. You make suggestions about how to 'avoid' it as if the problem goes away, but it really doesn't. These are people genuinely dedicated to this cause of griefing.
    It's like you're saying, "if you just close your eyes and count to ten all your problems go away".

How many years of this? How many different people have made posts, brought it up in global chat, spoke about it to others, and so on? How many years of people constantly bringing this up and not once has the thought come across the mind that maybe it's a problem?

Ninja'ing is bannable isn't it? Why not apply the suggested ideas to that? That'll just make it go away, as suggested, of course.

1.) Abandon Questing
    You're essentially suggesting to give in to the demands of the ganker and halt progress on behalf of someone behaving in a toxic manner. Might as well tell raiders to stop raiding because there's a ninja that wants to ninja. Who are you to tell that ninja how to play the game?

2.) Take a break
    Once more, you're giving in to the demands of the ganker and stopping playing on their behalf. This is the equivilant of someone walking into your house, unplugging your router, and what, I'm just supposed to say, "You know, you're right to have done that. I should stop playing." Log off for a few hours, come back, still happening.

3.) Temporarily Switch Zones
    I'll switch zones, come back, and surprise they or another person is usually still there doing the same exact thing that was just done.

Everything suggested is meant to give in to the ganker. You have the audacity to give me a warning for pointing out a flaw that more people would support than be against. You have the lack of self-awareness to act as though you yourself would enjoy giving into someone making it part of their time to reject other players from the game. You read this like we're people who are just whining babies when the reality is that we're people who just want to play the game and enjoy it for what's there, and you're genuinely taking the side of people who want to prevent that others.

"World PvP, whether it's ganking low levels or actually fighting 80 vs 80, should never be bannable and if you think it should grow a spine or leave online games forever because if you get this upset over something so stupid you don't belong in an online world."

That's really easy to say coming from someone who already has progressed and doesn't have to deal with the lower levels or deal with the other side of this.

15. You're playing on a PvP server. Open PvP isn't going away.

Also, I didn't "have the audacity" of giving you a Warning. It took no courage or boldness to punish you for breaking Forum rules. Same as if you keep up with that tone and end up with more than a Warning.

12 Last