1. Why would you choose a DK team over palys in PvE?
    Even 4 DKs and a dedicated healer aren't as good for dungeons as 1DK 4ret.
    what are you going to do with your 5x pala pve ? farm pos for BHs? do quests?
    you might as well create 5x dks and gear pvp for some roflfacepalming

2. what are you going to do with your 5x pala pve ? farm pos for BHs? do quests?
    you might as well create 5x dks and gear pvp for some roflfacepalming
    For PvP I'd pick 1DK 4Ret over 5DK.

3. Been getting some mixed feedback regarding the hybrid-specced DK-tank for melee teams. Are they purely there for the exceptional buffs, or are you able to efficiently hold aggro as well?

Looking to get back to 5-boxing (dungeon farming mainly) when I get back home next week. Planning what I can beforehand.

4. I think DK is a pretty good tank.

I am able to complete dungeons with much lower GS than what is required to queue for the dungeon using the LFG tool, this is with the entire team being much lower GS. (depending on mechanics ofc)
    So it is a very viable team.
    Also when leveling it is possible to do dungeons where the enemies are orange/red, the LFG tool loves to give you the hardest dungeon you can play... (it works better on icecrown/frostmourne than on lordaeron because then you can catch up in level a little while doing the dungeon)

DK usually don't lose aggro unless I forgot to remove Righteous Fury or if I don't use Death and Decay because then the paladins will get aggro with their cleave damage (doesn't matter most of the time since ret paladins are decently tanky)
    My paladins are really low dps tho, with PVP gear that has resilience and stamina on gems and enchants that are also for survivability and I don't change out of pvp trinket+stamina trinket or flash of light libram when I do dungeons, so if I had actual PVE gear then it would probably be harder to hold aggro.

I only put 1 point into DnD Morbidity talent since it is more important to get death grip in pvp, I think if speccing for PVE then having another 10 seconds shorter cd on DnD would be really good because it is a little long cd.

Paladins are always at max mana so never have to drink, I am not sure if paladin tanks need to drink or if they get enough mana from healing but since DK doesn't need to drink it means no mana break ever which is another benefit of using a dk tank.

Rune Tap is also a handy button to quickly top off the team when slightly hurt. Not that long cd and usable while running.
    Death Grip is great also to pull in some troublesome caster.

5. Are they purely there for the exceptional buffs, or are you able to efficiently hold aggro as well?
    As long as you are in Frost presence you can hold aggro with any DK spec.

6. Thanks guys. Appreciate the input.
    I do seem to recall giving DK-tank a go way back, but sounds like I made a mess of it. Will give it another go!

Cheers

First 12