1. 5 player limit - Multiboxing

Greetings multiboxing community,

Previously, we have limited the multiboxing feature to 25 players. Now that we've observed how players fare with this limitation, and now we know what further limitations can be done, in order to ensure fairness. We understand that multiboxing is a legitimate playstyle but as we're moving into the future, like we've previously mentioned in the last thread, the hardware required to run large multiboxing teams is becoming more and more common. Gaming laptops of the last two years can run raid multiboxing teams and we've also seen an increase of multiboxing with the increase of power of computing, which is a natural correlation.

We also understand that it takes skill to be a multiboxer. Just setting up multiple programs and macros and making your set-up run normally requires a lot more than what a normal player does. We also understand that it is not easy to be a multiboxer, with both limitations of the battlegrounds that they have at their disposal and of course with the increased negativity of the community as of late. We know this, however, we also know that most multiboxing players generally have no issues when they're playing as most average players either have no strategies to combat them or are simply unable to fight at all.

We understand this, however with the increased power of computing, more and more are joining this playstyle. It is no longer a niche, that need not be controlled. And unfortunately, this also means that the bots are also making use of this playstyle, trying to accumulate more illegal game wealth in order to sell it later to the same players that they damage.

Therefore, with all of the data in mind, and in hope of ensuring both multiboxing to exist and to ensure at least some modicum of fairness in the gameplay, we will further limit multiboxing to 5 characters at a time. This change will go live on March 29, 2021.

Originally, the date was selected to be April 03, 2021 but had to be changed due to several teams of multiboxers who were impacting server performance on March 29, 2021. This does not include raid instances. You can continue to multibox within raid instances, up to the theoretical player limit of instances, which is 10, 25, 40.

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. I thought I wouldn't live to see this, but alas. Way overdue. Thanks.

3. Praise the sun for this glorious day.

4. I started gearing up my 25 team when you made the 25 limit announcement.

What are the odds the limit will be reduced even more before I gear up my 5 man teams?

5. It is a change that will be so annoying for a lot of multiboxers but for me it is just the change I wanted (assuming that it won't ever get banned completely).

This change will make my favorite team more viable (dk+4 palas) and it will be less about just stacking 25 of the same ability (starfall/typhoon, fire nova totem, 8 healers with aoe healing and much harder to instantly burst down someone with 40k+ hp and 1.3k+ res so those other multiboxers will have to do more proper fighting).

Will really suck for the people that got 25 characters or even more characters before last limitation, but I think the combat will be more enjoyable. Especially for people that like multiboxing small teams and also normal players since it won't be much instant killing anymore.

The sad part will be that it won't be possible to do a 10 man raid alone anymore, but still 2 multiboxers can do them together.

I am very happy about the change, but please don't ever completely ban multiboxing.

6. Finally!!!

this is the best thing that has ever happened on this server !!!! GREAT JOB <3 :D

7. this is the best thing that has ever happened on this server !!!! GREAT JOB <3 :D
    Can't wait until you realize multiboxing didn't affect 99.9% of gameplay and nothing really changed for better.

Time to find next scapegoat to complain about.

8. Could've just banned multiboxing altogether then. No one is even going to bother 5man multibox. If anything this will make it so more start multiboxing because now everyone can play on the same level of 5 characters. Think of it this way..

Why should anyone bring only 1 character to wpvp now when 5 characters is doable for pretty much anyone? It's quicker gearing up 5 characters too because now it's going to be easier to play arenas and this will probably promote wintrading even more as well. (And it's going to be much more difficult for you staff members to find) But sure, punish everyone who plays legit 25man boxing instead of dealing with the ones botting.

LIterally every wpvp guild. W T F Unity, Trauma, OD you name them all is going to have more multiboxers with them now. This isnt going to solve the "problem" you're describing, it's literally adding to it. Its like youre putting cutting off 1 head of the hydra but you're allowing 5 more to grow. GOOD LUCK dealing with multiple 5man boxers joining premade battleground.
    There will be 5man boxers everywhere and once again you'll have to limit it to 2 or even ban it altogether. But you seem to be to ignorant with your decision so you really dont see the upcoming problem.

And from my knowledge there are people PvE boxing as well SOLO 25man as well as 10man.
    Edited: March 29, 2021

9. Can't wait until you realize multiboxing didn't affect 99.9% of gameplay and nothing really changed for better.

At least now we can actually play and our spots wont be taken by boxers, thats alone a big improvement already without counting the rest. Many times I stood at wintergrasp 15 mins earlier prior to battle to que asap yet couldnt get a spot when the battle started.

10. Can't wait until you realize multiboxing didn't affect 99.9% of gameplay and nothing really changed for better.

We do realize this though. It is exactly why it remained unlimited for many years. However, in this past year and the year before we're seeing a steady increase of multiboxing players that's not stopping, not even with the previous limit in place. Therefore, we impose this limitation now, before it becomes something very difficult to handle.

Also, as much as fair and honest players play multiboxing, so the unfair and dishonest players. And so do the bots. While normal players sort all multiboxers in one category, we have to keep in mind these three and we have to consider a limitation for all three.

We have discussed between 10 and 5 players as limit and we decided to go with something that we hopefully will not ever change again.

11. It is a change that will be so annoying for a lot of multiboxers but for me it is just the change I wanted (assuming that it won't ever get banned completely).

This change will make my favorite team more viable (dk+4 palas) and it will be less about just stacking 25 of the same ability (starfall/typhoon, fire nova totem, 8 healers with aoe healing and much harder to instantly burst down someone with 40k+ hp and 1.3k+ res so those other multiboxers will have to do more proper fighting).

Will really suck for the people that got 25 characters or even more characters before last limitation, but I think the combat will be more enjoyable. Especially for people that like multiboxing small teams and also normal players since it won't be much instant killing anymore.

The sad part will be that it won't be possible to do a 10 man raid alone anymore, but still 2 multiboxers can do them together.

I am very happy about the change, but please don't ever completely ban multiboxing.

This doesn't work in reality.

Multiboxing is very weak on this expansion outside of stacking aoe healing.

90% of high bracket BGs have large premades that will absolutely obliterate any 5 man multiboxer.

As 5 man multiboxer on wotlk you simple cannot compete even with 3 organized players. Even one player can basically lock you out.

Multiboxing will only be relevant in world pvp.

All this change is gonna do is increase the amount of 5 man multiboxers in world pvp because they no longer lose to large multiboxers.

12. Just wait until whole pvp guilds consist of 5m mb from each member. LOL, either ban it altogether or don't at all.

13. Can't wait until you realize multiboxing didn't affect 99.9% of gameplay and nothing really changed for better.

There have been few threads as of late, that would imply the next scapegoat, premades. If you think MB of 5 char is 'hard' to counter, imagine what happens when 5 individuals teams up together..

14. Limiting multiboxing down to 25 clients was already an absurdly bad call. A few 40 man multiboxers running with near bis gear were an excellent deterrent for any new potential multiboxer. It takes either years (literally) or a huge amount of money just to catch up gear wise.

In case of world pvp, since it is so easy to multibox 5 characters, why on earth would anyone run a single character when they can run 5 copies of the same with almost no additional effort (as compared to setting up and running 25 man teams). Be ready to have a huge influx of 5 man multiboxers and a proportional amount of crying about them.

Also, as someone pointed above, premades are the next.

15. Also, as someone pointed above, premades are the next.
    Yes, and the Santa Claus will steal your wife next time he's down your chimney. Limiting multiboxing has nothing to do with premades.

The same PvP community that's riddled with complaints about losing is the only factor of commonality. And we did not limit multiboxing, neither the first time, nor this time, due to complaints.

12311 ... Last