1. 0.5x experience "reward" and leveling challenge modes

Hello,
    I am one of those weird people that enjoy leveling and I totally dig the new variable experience rate feature, especially the x0.5 rates.
    I know it would be a bit to quite some work, but these are my suggestions:

1. Add any incentive to level on x0.5 from 1 to 80 and add a slash command to lock you in that experience rate. An incentive could be a custom title or achievement, or even something smaller.

2. Add challenge modes for leveling, e.g. Ironman mode (that allows deaths on PvP realms?). If enabled, the server would restrict you to the rules or warmane keeps checking for certain things through an armory API and flags the challenge as failed, like https://wowchallenges.com/ does.

P.S. very cute Ranga, Proterean

Edit: While thinking about the implementation details, I wanted to add it's not necessary that the server actively blocks actions after locking in those challenging modes. Since you're already using AIO, it could be enough to just hook simple events like a group join and send a message back that will flag the challenge as failed.
    Edited: March 30, 2021

2. Quite nice idea, but I'd go with only Frostmourne here. There, you already have some achies, challenges, titles and rewards unique to that realm. With the new features it's pretty far from being Blizzlike and there's nothing wrong with that but I think we should keep Icecrown and Lordaeron away from these to make them actually stay the way they were intented to be. The little touches and events are okay, also the xmog and mercenary mode etc etc.. but it'd be a huge case of overkill if we kept adding features like this. I mentioned a weird example in one of my replies on the forum, where I said that eventually the game will look like playing GTA IV with 50 mods installed where you can't find even a single trace of the original game.

I'm sure everyone has some beloved childhood game, maybe some MMO of some sort. I had many, and it breaks my heart to look at them today, 10 years later. They became pay to win and completely different from their original forms. Crazy updates and patches every 2 weeks. And for this exact reason they're dead. No players, even the old core friends and guilds quit. I don't want to see this happening here, at least not on Icecrown and Lord, there could be a 5th server where Warmane staff could go crazy on updates and new things so everyone could play what they want to.

I'm by no means saying that your idea is bad. I think it's very good but only on the appropriate realm.

Cheers!

3. I do not agree with your arguments.

It's a non-intrusive addition to the game and opt-in, the same as mercenary. If you don't participate or know of this feature, you won't even notice the existence of it.
    It basically just takes place on the website and doesn't add anything directly to the game. Anyone could make an external website like wowchallenges.com that scrapes the warmane armory.

I would argue that transmogs, since they are enabled by default, are way more intrusive.

Edit: Another idea for a challenge mode which is pretty obvious: 1to80 speedruns with and without group support
    Edited: May 12, 2021

4. Journey on 0.5 is a reward in itself.