1. Problem with read only

So,

I think I have tried everything. Reinstalling, messing around permissions, making different users. Nothing seems to work, the read-only check box keeps rechecking itself. My settings save, interestingly enough. My addons don't work tho.
    Fresh windows install. Only installed known things like Steam, Spotify, Firefox, Discord, Drivers, and a torrent of course. You know, the usual.
    I am in critical condition, I require assistance immediately!

Thank you in advance, Me

2. It's probably your torrent client putting the read only bit back on. Have you removed the wow client from the list of downloads of the torrent client?

3. Also, try moving it from your default download location somewhere else.

4. Also, try moving it from your default download location somewhere else.

I have tried both downloading in a different location and changing locations manually. When the torrent is done I immediately remove it from the list. Just so you know, my m.2 drive isn't segmented, the whole TB is in one drive. I've heard that downloading in D drive might help, but I don't have one. The thing that confuses me that it was always fine a million times before under the same conditions, but now it's not working.
    No idea what to do. I just want my addons
    Edited: March 31, 2021

5. what do you mean for "My addons don't work" ?
    Be sure to use addons for Wotlk version

At characler selction list, click on "Addons" button displayed at left-bottom -> enable "load out of date addons" option

6. My folder keeps rechecking itself to red only so addons don't even execute. I have the right ones, trust me. I've done this too many times to count. Since the folder is read-only the game just doesn't see the addons. That's what i mean

7. Since the folder is read-only the game just doesn't see the addons. That's what i mean
    as far as I know the game should be able to load those addons anyway, even with "read-only" on that folder.

Do you maybe have multiple Wotlk clients?
    Maybe you have added addons on a client but trying to run wow.exe from a different client/wow-folder

8. as far as I know the game should be able to load those addons anyway, even with "read-only" on that folder.

Do you maybe have multiple Wotlk clients?
    Maybe you have added addons on a client but trying to run wow.exe from a different client/wow-folder
    I don't have any other clients, this is basically a fresh windows install. I cant think of any other information to give you which might help. I have played multiple expansions and wow clients ( warmane included) on this pc and they all worked fine but this time something is wrong
    Edited: March 31, 2021

9. I don't have any other clients, this is basically a fresh windows install. I cant think of any other information to give you which might help. I have played multiple expansions and wow clients ( warmane included) on this pc and they all worked fine but this time something is wrong
    Tried the whitemane client. Same thing, no addons, nuthin

10. Tried the whitemane client. Same thing, no addons, nuthin
    Seems like I have been left alone to die a slow and painful death

11. Something in your computer is marking that folder read only. You will have to disable/uninstall programs until you find out which one it is. My guess would be torrent client (even if you have removed the torrent from the list) or your antivirus.

12. Something in your computer is marking that folder read only. You will have to disable/uninstall programs until you find out which one it is. My guess would be torrent client (even if you have removed the torrent from the list) or your antivirus.
    It has worked before, but i noticed something. Everything checks itself back to read only. I've tried everything internet told me. Nothing works. Im confused