1. Encha shaman

Why aren't encha shamans wearing daggers? Why not use 2xHeaven's fall instead of 2xHavocs? 1.80 speed with same damage per second (Heaven 264.7 damage per second/Havoc 264.6). I understand windfury weapon is based off weapon damage but it says "Each hit has 20% change of dealing extra damage". Wouldn't more hits equal more chance of proc's for windfury weapon meaning even if it deals less damage it would be equal because it would proc more than havoc? Also more hits means more Maelstrom weapon which means more instant Lighting bolts. Has anyone tried using fast weapon on both hands and maybe I am missing other reasons that Havoc is better. As a shaman main I would like enha do more damage so share your opinions with me.

2. Windfury has a 3 second internal cooldown, plus slower weapons have higher top end damage range for when windfury procs it will hit harder.

3. Windfury has a 3 second internal cooldown, plus slower weapons have higher top end damage range for when windfury procs it will hit harder.
    In addition to that maelstorm proc rate scales with weapon speed.
    With a slow weapon you get x5 MS faster than with a fast weapon.

4. In addition to that maelstorm proc rate scales with weapon speed.
    With a slow weapon you get x5 MS faster than with a fast weapon.
    Maelstrom has the same chance per swing to proc with faster and slower weapons. Maelstrom does NOT have internal cooldown.
    May be you got confused with Flametongue imbue cause the damage depends on weapon speed as well!

The thing is Maelstrom somehow works like PPM with chance per swing to proc Maelstrom but you gonna end with same amount of procs because of the difference in melee swing timer. So answer to your post:

Does it scale with weapon speed? -Yes.
    Do you get faster x5 stacks which contributes to more proc per minute? - Well, no.
    I already tested several times this by using MH only and on level 60 dummy to avoid any misses and in both cases i got average of 6 PPM.

The main reason why enha uses slower weapon is mostly because of what @Righ7eous did you type as well that shaman gains a lot of haste multipliers the biggest of them is Flurry proc which with average of 1050-1100 haste from gear (with Bizuri) drops the melee swing timer to about ~1.1s).
    Edited: April 4, 2021

5. Erhm, noone uses daggers cuz they are garbage, which is stated even in rogue talents (where you get ~160% of weapon damadge with daggers vs 110% dmg of any other weaponl).
    So yes, for enha you'll go either spellhance or pure enha with 2.6 weapons for maximum Stormsrtrike/LL damage and Maelstorm stacks.

6. Maelstrom has the same chance per swing to proc with faster and slower weapons.
    That's incorrect.

"The chance to gain a charge when attacking is dependent on weapon speed, using the PPM mechanic. In effect, this means that slower weapons will have a slightly higher chance to trigger Maelstrom Weapon due to instant attacks."
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...elstrom_Weapon

7. Why aren't encha shamans wearing daggers? Why not use 2xHeaven's fall instead of 2xHavocs? 1.80 speed with same damage per second (Heaven 264.7 damage per second/Havoc 264.6).
    Because the DPS of a wep is not what matters, the reason no melee class use fast weps (except Combat Rogue for faster offhand hits due to energy regen) is because Slow weps have a higher Damage, What you go by when your a melee class is the pure "Damage" output, that damage scales with your abilities, for example, Storm Strike will do a lot more damage with a slow wep then a fast wep, the "DPS" only stands for what your wep will do with white melee hits.