1. "Battlegrounds are random by nature." - at least that is what they are supposed to be. Nowadays the outcome is clearly predictable by just checking scoreboard and looking for familiar names, if there isn't any there is a shot of winning. Hence you have half of people leaving AV or IOC even before it starts. None wants to spend their time in vain.

As for the addon, I pressume if you could disable gearscore for april 1st, that something similiar can be done with AV enabler ( as they found workaround). Let them do 5 man premades and everything will sort itself.

As for the brackets I agree, reintroduce the randomness, let the lowbies play. At least that way when we get farmed we don't feel bad, just chalk it up to bad luck and go next bg.

As for the ganking, it's part of the game. Sure it's tilting to get killed while leveling, especially by some random 3.3k dk who gets farmed in bgs and arenas, and comes there to compensate his fragile ego, but it's 1-2 times and then you don't see him ever again. This is a completely different thingie, reocurring every day.

2. "Battlegrounds are random by nature." - at least that is what they are supposed to be. Nowadays the outcome is clearly predictable by just checking scoreboard and looking for familiar names, if there isn't any there is a shot of winning. Hence you have half of people leaving AV or IOC even before it starts. None wants to spend their time in vain.
    It's way easier: after the first fight, open the scoreboard and sort by HKs.

3. As for the addon, I pressume if you could disable gearscore for april 1st, that something similiar can be done with AV enabler ( as they found workaround). Let them do 5 man premades and everything will sort itself.
    [To:Premadeguy]: ur group got pop for AV1 too?
    [From:Premadeguy]: ye
    [To:Premadeguy]: Ok lets join

gg AV enabler ban works so good, how will the premades play together ever again?

4. "Battlegrounds are random by nature." - at least that is what they are supposed to be. Nowadays the outcome is clearly predictable by just checking scoreboard and looking for familiar names, if there isn't any there is a shot of winning. Hence you have half of people leaving AV or IOC even before it starts. None wants to spend their time in vain.
    The outcome isn't random or supposed to be random.

As for the addon, I pressume if you could disable gearscore for april 1st, that something similiar can be done with AV enabler ( as they found workaround). Let them do 5 man premades and everything will sort itself.
    Assuming is incredibly easy, especially when you don't have a clue.

As for the ganking, it's part of the game. Sure it's tilting to get killed while leveling, especially by some random 3.3k dk who gets farmed in bgs and arenas, and comes there to compensate his fragile ego, but it's 1-2 times and then you don't see him ever again. This is a completely different thingie, reocurring every day.
    Grouping in Battlegrounds and using Discord to organize queuing is just as much part of the game, they aren't breaking any rule or exploiting anything. It's only subjectively "completely different" because you approve of one, but not of the other. I'm 100% sure a PvEr who doesn't PvP has no issues with premades, would say it's just part of the game, but getting ganked "is a completely different thing, recurring every day."

5. Then what is random if not outcome? The initial state of bg? Yeah, premades nullify that.

As for not having a clue I agree, but based on what you did with gearscore, some logic implies that it shouldn't be that much different, hence the assumption.

As for not exploting or breaking any rule, neither did mboxers break any rule, they only ruined the gameplay, which is the paralel i am trying to draw. Sure they aren't doing anything illegal, they are playing the game, but should there be some limit and guidance in order for everyone to have more pleasant experience?

6. Then what is random if not outcome? The initial state of bg? Yeah, premades nullify that.
    What will happen in them is random, who you will go against is random, who you will be grouped with if you decline from grouping is random.

As for not having a clue I agree, but based on what you did with gearscore, some logic implies that it shouldn't be that much different, hence the assumption.
    Most things don't work on the basis of "if A, then B." In fact, trying to use that as argument is a fallacy, not logic.

As for not exploting or breaking any rule, neither did mboxers break any rule, they only ruined the gameplay, which is the paralel i am trying to draw. Sure they aren't doing anything illegal, they are playing the game, but should there be some limit and guidance in order for everyone to have more pleasant experience?
    If you took the time to read any official post on why that happened, the complains about "ruining gameplay" weren't a factor. But yes, parallel does stand, you have a point: your complains about premades "ruining gameplay" is being dismissed in the same manner as the ones about multiboxing.

7. Problem with "AV enabler" is that you cant really differentiate who did it on purpouse and who "just happened to que at the same time", since in guild people with same online time tend to come togeather. All the GM's are neck deep in work with ninja reports already, if it's even possible to distinguish who joined specific or random. But I agree that it's "taking advantage of poorly designed game mechanic", pretty much definition of an exploit - joining in bigger teams than 5 as Random or big BG's - easily an "exploit" if staff wants it.

on topic;
    Sandbox is defined, how well each individual player is doing in it - 100% up to them. Every single player has all the same stuff to use as any other player.
    It is quite fun to ramp up to max possible power where all the strategy, gear, players, voicecom is the best. It's a blast. If you happen to meat other team like that, it morphs into completely different game. You can actually feel your heart beating(when was the last time it happened to you?).

So, everyone, step up your game, make premades, you will never want to go back to "random people" caricature BGs.

8. But if you are constantly being matched vs premade, there's nothing random there. That randomness was before brackets, you get some fresh lvl 80s, sure you are screwed, but it doesn't matter, for the next bg they maybe get those random fresh toons.

In computer software world most of stuff comes down to if a then b. In this case, if the gearscore is addon, and the avenabler is an addon as well, it means that somewhere they derive from the same parent , an addon class or what not, and can be accessed and therefore disabled like you demonstrated recently.

"Therefore, with all of the data in mind, and in hope of ensuring both multiboxing to exist and to ensure at least some modicum of fairness in the gameplay, we will further limit multiboxing to 5 characters at a time. This change will go live on March 29, 2021." - It literally says, in order for everyone to have more fair experience, we will do something about multiboxers.

9. But if you are constantly being matched vs premade, there's nothing random there. That randomness was before brackets, you get some fresh lvl 80s, sure you are screwed, but it doesn't matter, for the next bg they maybe get those random fresh toons.
    That has nothing to do with premades, just with offer and demand. If when you're queuing there's only a premade queued and ready to go, you'll naturally get matched with them.

In computer software world most of stuff comes down to if a then b.
    No, they don't. In fact, that's the sort of thing someone who knows nothing about programming thinks. "The program can do X, so you can make it do Y" is probably one of the main cause of fantasies involving an employee punching their boss in the face. I say that from personal experience as well.

In this case, if the gearscore is addon, and the avenabler is an addon as well, it means that somewhere they derive from the same parent , an addon class or what not, and can be accessed and therefore disabled like you demonstrated recently.
    You've had THREE people post about how you're wrong. How long are you going to selective-read?

"Therefore, with all of the data in mind, and in hope of ensuring both multiboxing to exist and to ensure at least some modicum of fairness in the gameplay, we will further limit multiboxing to 5 characters at a time. This change will go live on March 29, 2021." - It literally says, in order for everyone to have more fair experience, we will do something about multiboxers.
    Typical that for a PvPer "fairplay" is only about PvP. But, even ignoring everything else Proterean has said (including that no cap change was due to complains), and talking about PvP only, you're trying to compare one player controlling 25 characters to an organized group of players. Should we put a cap on their organization? "Hey, only five of you get to communicate!"? Give me a break.

10. As for the addon, I pressume if you could disable gearscore for april 1st, that something similiar can be done with AV enabler ( as they found workaround). Let them do 5 man premades and everything will sort itself.
    This is why your opinion gets dismissed so quickly. You talk about things going over people's heads but you obviously didn't even read the official statement about the simplest of things. Bundled with ignoring advice and reinforcing opinions about play style with your own opinions, what do you really expect to happen? The only thing not random about BGs is the consistency of people giving up before the gates open and crying premade because they see 1-3 familiar names and assume the rest must be a guild. This is far from being pulled from my ***. This is years of experience playing along side randoms who scream premade when it's obvious they're not and having the other side feel the need to log over and talk **** because my name in a scoreboard means there must be a premade according to whatever half baked assumption they're using.

Sure the premades exist. I'd be concerned about the state of the realms if people weren't playing together. But I'm a little lost on how we landed on trying to demonize people for working together. How long until we decide raiding guild requirements are unfair to people who're new or just remove guilds entirely to make it fair for people who want to be alone? Personally I think if you want to handicap yourself then you should shut up about the consequences.

11. As for not having a clue I agree, but based on what you did with gearscore, some logic implies that it shouldn't be that much different, hence the assumption.
    This is the problem with making assumptions when you don't have a clue. You may as well play whack-a-mole. Sure you can ban an add-on but what's to stop someone from just cloning and changing the name of it or just writing a new one that works better to get around said add-on ban?

Its not really the same parallel though. Contrary to some of the opinions I'm seeing, the mboxers did finally get a limit imposed because the number of people doing it were going to start causing server stability problems. This point was in fact proven to be true after the announcement was made when a few mboxers tried to retaliate by doing what lead to the decision being made in the first place. If the bg experience isn't a pleasant one there are always other MMOs out there that you can play instead.
    Edited: April 9, 2021

12. on topic;
    Sandbox is defined, how well each individual player is doing in it - 100% up to them. Every single player has all the same stuff to use as any other player.
    It is quite fun to ramp up to max possible power where all the strategy, gear, players, voicecom is the best. It's a blast. If you happen to meat other team like that, it morphs into completely different game. You can actually feel your heart beating(when was the last time it happened to you?).

So, everyone, step up your game, make premades, you will never want to go back to "random people" caricature BGs.
    My feeling were completely different, those good games when you meet equal team comp are extremely rare cause its not easy to gather perfect team comp for every guild, mostly better team comp smash another premade within few seconds, cause team comp and gearscore is everything, skill is down to 3rd place.
    With premade 99% of time I spent on enemy GY searching this one shot to do at least any damage to not sleep from boredom. This 1% of good fights is not worth to play 99% boring bgs, I will never go back to premades, its better to play random bg and stay as ghost/afk till next game than tryhard or troll around with bis team.

Winning is fun, simple as.
    Winning equal to standing at enemy graveyard. Doesn't look so simple for me.
    Edited: April 12, 2021

13. Winning equal to standing at enemy graveyard. Doesn't look so simple for me.
    Lmao, it doesn't get simpler than that. The moment you start camping opponent the bg wins itself.

14. Winning is fun, simple as.
    Oh yeah so much fun killing people on their grave with 4 healears and 3 wars 3 palas 3dks and doing nothing but spamming aoes. a lot of fun. i couldnt imagine why someone could have more fun in a fair bg with people actually playing the bg and not making the other team leaving and people joining and killing them on their grave later too

15. Oh yeah so much fun killing people on their grave with 4 healears and 3 wars 3 palas 3dks and doing nothing but spamming aoes. a lot of fun. i couldnt imagine why someone could have more fun in a fair bg with people actually playing the bg and not making the other team leaving and people joining and killing them on their grave later too
    TEam man, fight back, no one pitties you

First 123 Last