1. Grounding totem and Halion bugged?

It used to be that Grounding totem absorbs the Soul Consumption and Combustion debuffs that Halion places on random people, as long as the target player was in the Shaman's group. But today doing RS10HC the debuff just ignored the Grounding effect completely and went through. Players were in range and both parties had a shaman in them with grounding up. We tried over 10 times and every time the debuff went through.

It was working yesterday, so I just wonder if Warmane implemented an overnight change to the way Grounding Totem interacts with the debuff from Halion.
    Edited: April 11, 2021 Reason: Typo

2. I don't know why anyone would think that the inability to cheat a boss encounter is a bug.

3. Why is that considered cheating? What is the definition of 'cheating'?

Usually it means using third party software such as hacks or scripts to alter gameplay, whereas in this case it's completely bound within the mechanics of the game. It might feel like cheating because you're vastly simplifying the encounter, but should be nowhere near as punishable as using actual hacks.

If it's the developers that put those features in the first place, why should taking advantage of them be judged so harshly unless Blizzard themselves decided it should be punishable, then I cannot disagree.

4. Why is that considered cheating? What is the definition of 'cheating'?

Usually it means using third party software such as hacks or scripts to alter gameplay, whereas in this case it's completely bound within the mechanics of the game.
    Playing the game outside of the way it was intended to be played to get an advantage is usually considered cheating. I don't believe third party software or bugs were intended.

5. It might feel like cheating because you're vastly simplifying the encounter, but should be nowhere near as punishable as using actual hacks.
    It felt like cheating because it was cheating, of the bug exploiting kind, which should maybe get even harsher punishment, as it involves realizing something isn't working as it should and purposefully keeping from reporting for it to be fixed, just so the exploiting can continue.

6. Why is that considered cheating? What is the definition of 'cheating'?

Usually it means using third party software such as hacks or scripts to alter gameplay, whereas in this case it's completely bound within the mechanics of the game. It might feel like cheating because you're vastly simplifying the encounter, but should be nowhere near as punishable as using actual hacks.
    Exploiting how an encounter works in a fashion that isn't intended is "exploiting". Exploiting is an unfair advantage in general. In this particular case, it's also not how the fight was intended. So the issue was fixed.

If it's the developers that put those features in the first place, why should taking advantage of them be judged so harshly unless Blizzard themselves decided it should be punishable, then I cannot disagree.
    I don't know why you care about anyone being judged harshly. The judgment here was to fix the problem. Nobody here is talking about being banned.

With that said, I'm going to close this thread.