1. Ninja rules

Sup everyone!

Just wanted to make sure I'm getting this right, since I read a few posts regarding this which I couldn't believe would actually be true.

A mage and a healer role on a ring with mp5 on it - the mage could be banned for ninja looting even if it's an upgrade to his current gear? (is this any diffrent while leveling?)

With 7x exp it happend to me that I had to wear green level 40 ring in some wotlk dungeon (as tank) - would this rule then apply aswell if I roll on a ring with crit on it?

Thanks in advance!

2. A mage and a healer role on a ring with mp5 on it - the mage could be banned for ninja looting even if it's an upgrade to his current gear? (is this any diffrent while leveling?)

With 7x exp it happend to me that I had to wear green level 40 ring in some wotlk dungeon (as tank) - would this rule then apply aswell if I roll on a ring with crit on it?
    Rules wise, crit isn't tank stat, so it would be considered ninja.

What comes to MP5 and mage, I can't say for certain, but if I had to lean on ninja or not, I'd say ninja.

3. No, I'll be totally honest. This won't be considered as ninja in both dungeon and raid as long as it gives you your main stats - Intellect, Spell Power. The MPS makes it more preferable for healers, but truth is it is for every one using spell power and needing un upgrade. ( thou this mainly implies for dungeons and its preferable to ask the classes that can benefit more then you if they need it first) I've won the 277 axe from Marro and people threatened me with reports for being a ninja because it was for tank. Guess what i haven't received any notifications any warning, and i am currently using it on my PvE Unholy build :)

Pretty much a ninja would be rolling for items not having your main stats. You might use or not use lets say Spirit (As a priority stats, but spirit give all mana users benefits, so it is considered a general caster stat, there are just specs that benefit more then others from it, and those should be prioritized) for example, but if its an upgrade you can roll it. Thou because people abuse that it general good practise to check such cases with your party and ask them if they have any issues with you needing for such item.

I did this as only explanation to the mage situtation. Rolling on a obviously dps ring as a dk tank is considered ninja
    Edited: April 21, 2021 Reason: Kind of edited. I had it written a bit misleading at first

4. No, I'll be totally honest. This won't be considered as ninja in both dungeon and raid as long as it gives you your main stats - Intellect, Spell Power. The MPS makes it more preferable for healers, but truth is it is for every one using spell power and needing un upgrade. I've won the 277 axe from Marro and people threatened me with reports for being a ninja because it was for tank. Guess what i haven't recieved any notifications any warrnigs, and i am currently using it on my PvE Unholy build :)

Pretty much a ninja would be rolling for items not having your main stats. You might use or not use lets say Spirit for example, but if its an upgrade you can roll it. Thou because people abuse that it general good practise to check such cases with your party and ask them if they have any issues with you needing for such item.
    VVell, I've read multiple threads in the past, where the forum mods stated that 5mps items were for healers only - regardless if the dps spellcaster benefited from the other stats more. I might be wrong, but I think that some people also got banned for "needing" such items in dungeons, and they shared their story on the forums.

5. where the forum mods stated that 5mps items were for healers only - Show me
    Like i said there as like everything else are really thin lines between right and wrong , people go past those lines, that's why they get banned.
    I also said that its a general good rule to check if you can need on something and if the party is okey its okey. I don't know how so many people are innocent and not ninja looting and how I, threatened by not few that i'm a ninja, didn't received a bann so far. I would never of course roll as a caster need for a ring that gives mana without asking the party first explicitly : Does anyone need that?

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922

Also I loved how in TBC there was bonus healing and then there was Bonus Spell Damage, that's how you really could have checked the difference. In WOTLK the only and i really mean ONLY healer specific items would be those (like tirnkets) that would benefit or be benefitted by your healing.
    But again, if that item has a stats, thats more beneficial to another roll then yours, always ask, maybe that's why i never have been banned for ninja looting.
    Edited: April 21, 2021

6. where the forum mods stated that 5mps items were for healers only - Show me
    Like i said there as like everything else are really thin lines between right and wrong , people go past those lines, that's why they get banned.
    I also said that its a general good rule to check if you can need on something and if the party is okey its okey. I don't know how so many people are innocent and not ninja looting and how I, threatened by not few that i'm a ninja, didn't received a bann so far. I would never of course roll as a caster need for a ring that gives mana without asking the party first explicitly : Does anyone need that?

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922

Also I loved how in TBC there was bonus healing and then there was Bonus Spell Damage, that's how you really could have checked the difference. In WOTLK the only and i really mean ONLY healer specific items would be those (like tirnkets) that would benefit or be benefitted by your healing.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=421278
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=403847

These are the posts, which I've read in the past. Admittedly, the mods didn't explicitly say that 5mp items are for healers only, I guess this is a case of a mandella effect, but other veterans said just that.

Also, yes, I didn't say anything about "asking your group in advance whether a person may roll an item for a different spec", because this is the correct way to approach such controversial dilemmas.

7. Sorry friend i understand i might have wrote some of the things misleading. I tried to edit my post to the best representation of my understanding of the rules.

But if its stated like - THIS IS ONLY For healers, its only for healers. Everything else under the right circumstances has exceptions, those being mainly just talking with your party about the items and prioritizing the said item to go to the person that can benefit the most from it.(Simple upgrade is not considered as the most beneficial)

Its also a fact that all those people trying to check if something is bannable are perfectly aware that their cases aren't exactly in their favor and are gradually trying to find the limit they could push their greed to . Its like all them boxers asking how can they bypass a clearly stated restriction :D

8. First of all: Thanks at everyone for their input!

I hate to necro this topic, but as I see many people frequently banned, I just wanted to make 100% sure that me and my friends are following this rule correctly.

Basicly the type of items that are class and role specific are pretty clear in WOTLK Dungeons, therefor I highly doubt there's more clarification needed.
    However, if an item drops and every single one greeds on it - and I can use it for my offspec and according to that I roll need - is it ninja'ing already or does someone need to speak up and try to clarify it before opening a ticket?

9. if an item drops and every single one greeds on it - and I can use it for my offspec and according to that I roll need - is it ninja'ing already
    Yes. Generally, needing items for off-spec is bannable. If you ask everyone in party if you can need it and if everyone in the party agrees, you can need it. If someone stays quiet and doesn't reply and you need the item he can report you for ninja looting.

10. May 3, 2021  
    So if a Healer (resto dudu) Needs on an Leather item that has no Spirit vs a Moonkin, would that be considered Ninja?

11. May 3, 2021  
    So if a Healer (resto dudu) Needs on an Leather item that has no Spirit vs a Moonkin, would that be considered Ninja?
    It could be but not necessarily. Depends on how early in the game it is. I assume you'd be fine in early levels since there's not many secondary stats (+spirit, crit on equip etc.). After around lvl 50, you should pass the gear that doesn't have spirit.

Same example would be with tanks. Once crit and haste start appearing they should start passing that gear for DPS characters and wait for defense, dodge and parry on equip items to drop.

If you want the most accurate answer you should open a ticket in-game and ask GMs themselves. Might even want to screenshot their reply if they allow you to need it so you can make a valid ban appeal and get unbanned if a different GM bans you.

12. May 27, 2021  
    It feels bad to bring this up once more but it seems those rules aren't enforced equally in any way.

2 instances I reported and nothing happend:
    DPS rolling on tank ring [ban got lifted after 12 hours]
    Shadow priest rolling on healing mace from Nexus (with mp5) [GM said it's an upgrade and therefor fine]

Is there some kind of donator-bonus to having free-ninjas or should someone ALWAYS pick the worst possible gear to queue RHCs and roll for EVERYTHING because "it's an upgrade"?

13. May 27, 2021  
    Is there some kind of donator-bonus to having free-ninjas or should someone ALWAYS pick the worst possible gear to queue RHCs and roll for EVERYTHING because "it's an upgrade"?
    There is no such thing as "donator bonus for free ninja looting".. Account status doesn't play a role.
    Originally Posted by [Realm
    Players Code of Conduct [Updated: April 29, 2019]]Any user, regular or Premium, is subject to the same rules and breaking them will get them banned in the same way.
    You should always roll for the gear meant for your role since it's the safest bet.
    Getting banned or not is up to the specific GM that reads the ticket that day. Some of them are more lenient than others as you can see by the example that you posted. Some would ban the priest for needing healing mace, some wouldn't. Some ban people needing lockboxes when they're not rogues (since they DON'T actually need them), some of them don't ban them. I personally think that's bad practice and the rules lack clarity but eh.
    Edited: May 27, 2021

14. May 27, 2021  
    Some ban people needing lockboxes when they're not rogues (since they DON'T actually need them), some of them don't ban them. I personally think that's bad practice and the rules lack clarity but eh.
    It would eat time and resources to start checking if people have ways to open the lockboxes, so it's been OK'd to be needed*. One could have BS for keys or be rogue, another could buy services of rogue/BS, so that's out of the window as well.

*I think some staff member may have said something like this, but don't quote me on that.

It's nice that we have RDF ninja rules, but we don't really have any specific rulings. I personally don't bother with green/blue non-equip items being needed left and right, but it would be nice to know, if they should actually be greeded for fairness.

15. May 27, 2021  
    Regarding lockboxes, read this thread:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=414029

Yes, I know that you need BS to use the keys, but this is what the staff said as a response to my question.

12 Last